Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 17, 2019, 06:15:16 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 17, 2019, 05:54:53 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 17, 2019, 04:43:06 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 22, 2019, 08:41:39 PM
Any truth in the rumour that Mr. O'Muilleoir is going to throw his toys out of the pram & do a Prince Andrew?

Ah...my prediction a month ago on here was spot on then!!!!

Elaborate. All I can say is he has the creepiest handshake I've ever had. Always to be suspected. Was like a wet fish

Don't need to! I was told a month ago that he had fundamentally disagreed with the decision to stand aside in South Belfast in the general election & that he had decided to go. My source proved correct, after all.
But thought he was moving to the USA as his newspaper group is also up for sale and he seems to spend a lot of time there?

marty34

Any truth in the rumour that Mr. O'Muilleoir is going to throw his toys out of the pram & do a Prince Andrew?

Elaborate. All I can say is he has the creepiest handshake I've ever had. Always to be suspected. Was like a wet fish

Don't need to! I was told a month ago that he had fundamentally disagreed with the decision to stand aside in South Belfast in the general election & that he had decided to go. My source proved correct, after all.

He always struck me as a lad who was only in politics as a short-term operator - to get elected as an MLA in the leafy suburbs of south Belfast.  Best option the Shinners had...at that time.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Rois on December 17, 2019, 07:52:41 PM

But thought he was moving to the USA as his newspaper group is also up for sale and he seems to spend a lot of time there?

Is he not being paid a salary to be an MLA for South Belfast at Stormont, or does he just go off to North America on Aer Lingus (business class, no doubt) whenever he chooses? Is it any wonder the electorate think they're being taken for a ride by these idiots?

trailer

Martin is a millionaire. He wasn't a politician for the money. More for the profile.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: trailer on December 17, 2019, 09:06:22 PM
Martin is a millionaire. He wasn't a politician for the money. More for the profile.

Didn't unduly have to give a shite then? Why enter politics - well, apart from ego, as you say?

trailer

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 17, 2019, 09:14:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 17, 2019, 09:06:22 PM

Didn't unduly have to give a shite then? Why enter politics - well, apart from ego, as you say?

Profile I'd imagine.

RedHand88

Ballix! He was for stepping down long before the election was even called.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on December 17, 2019, 05:00:27 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 17, 2019, 04:39:18 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 17, 2019, 04:20:08 PM
Whilst you're not wrong on the obligations of SF and the DUP in how money is spent here I think it would be remiss not to bring the cosy cartel at the top of the various Civil Service branches under scrutiny.

Take health for instance, far too many different trusts and the top heavy overheads there.

Oh absolutely agree with you that the civil service bears a massive responsibility for the farce in infrastructure and services here despite the money poured in over a sustained period of time.

But whose job is it to sort the civil service out if not the politicians?

The buck stops with ministers and of course the civil service is full of civil servants which doesn't help but Stormont has been down more than it's been up and that causes all sorts of problems. If we had some sort of functioning government, heaps of these issues would be sorted, even if was populated with SF and DUP politicians.

Take David Sterling for instance. Highly involved in the RHI scandal yet gets promoted (by whom)?

Who has the power to get rid of him?

I can't remember the senior civil servants name but was secretly recorded by fellow evangelical christian Jonny Bell in the midst of the same scandal and felt at ease because of their "similar interests".
I'd be weary of the christian element of the high ranks in the NI Civil Service as well.
Good living for a living.

Applesisapples

Compare Conor Murphy's performance on GMU this morning with the rambling speedy Gonzales that is Michelle O'Neill. Time to change her.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 20, 2019, 12:43:32 PM
Compare Conor Murphy's performance on GMU this morning with the rambling speedy Gonzales that is Michelle O'Neill. Time to change her.
If only the party had been given an opportunity to remove her from her leadership role...

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 20, 2019, 03:34:54 PM
If only the party had been given a meaningful opportunity to remove her from her leadership role...

marty34

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 20, 2019, 08:21:05 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 20, 2019, 03:34:54 PM
If only the party had been given a meaningful opportunity to remove her from her leadership role...

SF need to change leadership and get new younger people on board.  Murphy, Doherty and O'Dowd should be the leaders.

playwiththewind1st

In that case, has Megan Fearon advanced any credible reason for packing Stormont in, or is it all top secret??

marty34

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 20, 2019, 08:56:23 PM
In that case, has Megan Fearon advanced any credible reason for packing Stormont in, or is it all top secret??

Probably fed up waiting around for the Stormont gig to get sorted - probably thinks opportunities are better elsewhere.  Capable, like Simon Hamilton but more chances outwith politics.

playwiththewind1st

Did Hamilton not say way too much in front of the RHI Panel & basically he formed the view that he ought to jump, before Arlene arranged for his P45 to be delivered to him?