Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

LCohen

He is no legend.

Saw him this morning in the sports biography section of Easons in the Buttercrane. He looked bereft. Didn't speak to him. Cleaning up vomit is an unpleasant task

David McKeown

Quote from: stew on March 10, 2018, 09:20:04 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on March 10, 2018, 09:08:17 PM
Quote from: FermGael on March 10, 2018, 09:05:47 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on March 10, 2018, 09:02:03 PM
Beating Wexford doesn't guarantee promotion unless other results go Armagh's way. Beating Fermanagh does. So not home and dry yet.
Beating Wexford will guarantee promotion for Armagh.

No it won't. If Fermanagh beat Armagh and win one of their other two games but to loose to either Westmeath or Longford, three teams could end up on 12.

Armagh have beaten both Westmeath and Longford, if they beat Wexford we are promoted.

If either Westmeath or Longford win out they will be on 12 points. They will have beaten Fermanagh who can end up on 12 points and we will end up on 12 points (assuming we beat Wexford and loose to Fermanagh. So each team will finish on 12 with one win and one loss in the head to heads. It will then be down to scoring difference. So Armagh are not guaranteed promotion by simply beating Wexford but are if they beat Fermanagh or if they beat Wedford and then Westmeath draw with Longford or if Fermanagh win out
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

FermGael

Longford play Westmeath in the next round so both can't win all their remaining games.
Fermanagh also play Westmeath tomorrow and Longford last game.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Orior

Quote from: stew on March 10, 2018, 09:25:42 PM
I took the nephew to his first Armagh game, paid for the tickets and found a tenner at his feet, offere him a pond and he wasnt having it, held out for the fiver and got if if and when Armagh won. )

Coming out of the ground I met the legend that is Tony fearon, an absolute gentleman and we had a bit of a lsugh about the board etc, all in good fun.

I am thrilled we won this game but I saw the young Derry player being taken to hospital, I am concerned for him, he was not well, looks like a severe concussion to me, he did not seem coherentand was very lethargic.

Onwards and upwards, I hope Fermanagh go up with us because to me they are the best team in the division bar ourselves.

I was talking to Tony inside the ground, and I think he is enjoying his little sojourn away from GAA Board.

Derry have always got good footballers, but they are not playing as a team like Armagh.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BennyCake

Is this a stalker thread now?

stew

Quote from: LCohen on March 10, 2018, 09:42:14 PM
He is no legend.

Saw him this morning in the sports biography section of Easons in the Buttercrane. He looked bereft. Didn't speak to him. Cleaning up vomit is an unpleasant task

Tony Fearon has made this board since its inception, nobody knows who the hell you are? nor for that matter who I am, Tony is a legend and only a thick tube like yourself would fail to recognise that!

So next time you see see him in Easons in the Buttercrane introduce yourself and tell him what you think of him L Cohen, you cowardly, backstabbling knifer.

That is all. )

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

David McKeown

Quote from: FermGael on March 10, 2018, 10:32:54 PM
Longford play Westmeath in the next round so both can't win all their remaining games.
Fermanagh also play Westmeath tomorrow and Longford last game.

Yes and provided the winner of it beats Fermanagh and wins their other game they will finish on 12. Fermanagh will finish on 12 if they beat Armagh, loose to that winner and win their other game. Armagh will finish on 12 if they beat Wexford but loose to Fermanagh. In such a scenario it will then be down to scoring difference.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

FermGael

Armagh current have a score difference of +34.
Fermanagh have +20.
Longford have +23
Westmeath have +3.

Unless Armagh decide to take a real hammering I would say you are safe in that regard as well

ONeill

I saw Tony at the burger stall in Portadown last night. He looked melancholic yet mysteriously optimistic. I didn't speak to him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FermGael

The last time Fermanagh played Westmeath in the league was 2004.
Fermanagh went on to play in an all Ireland semi that year and Westmeath won Leinster.
That was in the old 1a,1b,2a,2b system.
As far as I remember Fermmaagh also beat Dublin at home in the league that year.
That old system for the league was great.
Gave smaller counties regular exposure against bigger counties and brought them on.

Orior

Stalker league table

Name, Sightings, Actual Contact
====================
Stew, 1, 1
Orior, 1, 1
O'Neill, 1, 0
BennyCake, 0, 0
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Throw ball

Interesting enough match last night. Armagh were short a lot of players with a very inexperienced bench. Then they lost McIlroy and Rafferty early on with Rafferty a particular miss. His injury looked particularly bad. Hopefully he can be fit for championship.
Given the missing players and the sprinkling of Slaughtneil players Derry had back I would not have given Armagh much hope of winning before the game. However Derry were terrible for the most part and will need to improve if they are not to get relegated again.
On another note I assume Derek O Mahoney was relegated to a division 3 match after his club semi final performance. He could be in Division 4 next day out ! His first half performance was particularly eccentric.

tippabu

Quote from: Throw ball on March 11, 2018, 08:57:45 AM
Interesting enough match last night. Armagh were short a lot of players with a very inexperienced bench. Then they lost McIlroy and Rafferty early on with Rafferty a particular miss. His injury looked particularly bad. Hopefully he can be fit for championship.
Given the missing players and the sprinkling of Slaughtneil players Derry had back I would not have given Armagh much hope of winning before the game. However Derry were terrible for the most part and will need to improve if they are not to get relegated again.
On another note I assume Derek O Mahoney was relegated to a division 3 match after his club semi final performance. He could be in Division 4 next day out ! His first half performance was particularly eccentric.

do refs get demoted for poor performances, its usually the case that the more criticism there is the bigger the games they end up getting. All ill say is he isnt someone i enjoy seeing being named to do any of my clubs games down here, can make crazy decisions and very fond of the black card

Throw ball

Quote from: tippabu on March 11, 2018, 09:01:38 AM

do refs get demoted for poor performances, its usually the case that the more criticism there is the bigger the games they end up getting. All ill say is he isnt someone i enjoy seeing being named to do any of my clubs games down here, can make crazy decisions and very fond of the black card

No black cards but plenty of yellow- some undoubtedly deserved. The problem I had was the amount of frees he gave for very innocent looking challenges. At times you were guessing what frees were for. To be fair I don't feel he favoured either side but players did get frustrated.

markl121

Quote from: Throw ball on March 11, 2018, 09:06:15 AM
Quote from: tippabu on March 11, 2018, 09:01:38 AM

No black cards but plenty of yellow- some undoubtedly deserved. The problem I had was the amount of frees he gave for very innocent looking challenges. At times you were guessing what frees were for. To be fair I don't feel he favoured either side but players did get frustrated.

As a Derry fan among hundreds of Armagh fans I did get a good laugh at the abuse given to the ref "go back to Tipperary ya c**t" and "cheat cheat cheat" at this point yous were four points up.