Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: shark on August 26, 2021, 09:16:47 AM
Quote from: hoynevalley on August 26, 2021, 08:30:05 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 26, 2021, 06:18:42 AM
Quote from: maldini on August 25, 2021, 07:38:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 25, 2021, 02:01:46 PM
City's horrible bastard owners are going to have to look for a new way to buy the title this season, it seems.

Yeah especially with United and Chelsea doing their best to buy it off them

Chelsea have sold £98 million worth of player this summer, and bought £98. Nothing spent as of yet in reality.

Chelsea stockpile players on loan and then sell. Have sold some quality players in last 10 years.

Their wage bill is insane though. Looking at the transfer spend of clubs, while ignoring wage bills, tells us very little. Unless they can shift them in the next few days Chelsea will pay millions of pounds this season to players like Barkley and Loftus-Cheek who will play no football at all. Stockpiling is not cost free.

The likes of Barkley doesn't make sense as there's a good chance he was bought with high wage demands and there's a good chance Chelsea are picking up of good slice of his salary even when he's on loan. If he sits out his contract going out on loan they've lost a pretty penny.

Those lads either bought young and relatively cheap to loan out probably wipe their own faces salary wise in the hope that every once in a while a Tammy Abraham comes along with a £34m transfer out to boost the coffers.
Probably not the worse business model in football to be fair.

lurganblue

Ronaldo to Citeh is heating up.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: lurganblue on August 26, 2021, 02:57:37 PM

Him to City and Messi to PSG highlights further how much this game has sold its soul.

tiempo

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 26, 2021, 03:11:31 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on August 26, 2021, 02:57:37 PM

Him to City and Messi to PSG highlights further how much this game has sold its soul.

CL final of City v Chelsea was the cherry on the icing of that particular cake

I suggest if you're interested in groundball support or get involved at grassroots level where real people can be found

Whats going on at the top level is narcos level bullshit

Armagh18

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 25, 2021, 02:29:11 PM
Ronaldo?

If this happens i want a blue tick round here. Put some respect to my name 😉😃

In other news........Benjamin Mendy?!?!?! Big lawds in bother. Up for rape/sexual assault..

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 26, 2021, 05:05:06 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 25, 2021, 02:29:11 PM
Ronaldo?

If this happens i want a blue tick round here. Put some respect to my name 😉😃

In other news........Benjamin Mendy?!?!?! Big lawds in bother. Up for rape/sexual assault..

Wow!!

Manchester City's Benjamin Mendy has been charged with four counts of rape, Cheshire Constabulary has confirmed. City have also suspended the France international pending an investigation.

In a statement, the force said: "The Crown Prosecution Service has authorised Cheshire Constabulary to charge a man in connection with allegations of sexual assault. Benjamin Mendy, aged 27, has been charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.

"The charges relate to three complainants over the age of 16 and are alleged to have taken place between October 2020 and August 2021. Mendy has been remanded in police custody and is set to appear at Chester magistrates' court on Friday 27 August.

screenexile

Please please please let Ronaldo to City be a done deal. . . the outcry on Twitter at the minute is hilarious I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics Utd fans will have to do then if he actually does sign.

"Ronnie is a red"

Is he f**k!

trueblue1234

As funny as it would be, would he really do it? I know there's little love lost with players at this level and clubs, but would be a real 2 fingers to the United fans, who to their praise have always supported him even after he left. This would completely destroy that respect. I can't see it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

maldini

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 26, 2021, 06:18:42 AM
Quote from: maldini on August 25, 2021, 07:38:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 25, 2021, 02:01:46 PM
City's horrible bastard owners are going to have to look for a new way to buy the title this season, it seems.

Yeah especially with United and Chelsea doing their best to buy it off them

Chelsea have sold £98 million worth of player this summer, and bought £98. Nothing spent as of yet in reality.

They spent 240m last summer though as well

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 05:32:41 PM
As funny as it would be, would he really do it? I know there's little love lost with players at this level and clubs, but would be a real 2 fingers to the United fans, who to their praise have always supported him even after he left. This would completely destroy that respect. I can't see it.

Plenty of greats left United to go to City over the years. Nobody should lose sleep over it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Major enough story coming out of City this evening

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-58348288

Mendy charged with 4 counts of rape.

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on August 26, 2021, 05:16:57 PM
Please please please let Ronaldo to City be a done deal. . . the outcry on Twitter at the minute is hilarious I can't wait to see the mental gymnastics Utd fans will have to do then if he actually does sign.

"Ronnie is a red"

Is he f**k!

I've not seen many as excited as u in fairness :)

GiveItToTheShooters

Can't wait to drink manc tears when Ronaldo goes to Citeh.
They still thinks he's on loan and he was coming home ;D
The outrage will be glorious  ;D

Milltown Row2

Law, Kidd, Schmeichel and Andy Cole all went to City, why are people pool fans losing their shit?

It's actually hilarious, good on him for moving.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea