Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitta-Banter

Quote from: No1 on November 23, 2009, 01:39:06 PM
It is my opinion that Shamrocks have had more hurling and football fixtures postponed/cancelled/put on hold this season without a valid reason than any other club in the county.

If that makes me a conspiracy theorist then fair enough!

I'd love to know what they have on the county board.

The Ballyholland boys will agree that they are a horrible shower anyway.   ;D

Match called off last sunday without Darragh Cross' permission. Reason given was that Shamrocks players were goin to the races in England.Not a club function or anything,just a day on the beer. Can anyone on here imagine ringing the county board and sayin you cant play that day because the players are goin on the piss?Also heard a rumour that Shamrocks couldn't play this week cos their players had to steward at ulster club final,haha

maldini

the biggest joke is that today on the down site they hav changed sundays match (prob due to pressure from shamrocks) to an 11am throw in in An Riocht.
thats darragh's whole season coming down to a match at 11 o clock on a sunday morning, their players wud hav to meet before 9am!!
also kilkeel is 10 miles outside newry, its an hour and a quarters drive from darragh cross to an riocht.

The way these play offs hav been handled is making a complete farce of the whole season. why were some teams made to play 3 matches inside a week to get the league finished before a certain date and now 6 weeks on we still haven't got play offs finished up??

mournerambler

Can't see An Riocht pitch being playable on Sunday given the amount of rain we've had this past while, have to say the 11am throw-in is a bit of a joke alright, would Ballymartin not have been a more central venue for both teams + there would be more chance of Ballymartin being playable than Dunavil?

Banna Man

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on November 24, 2009, 04:41:01 PM
Quote from: No1 on November 23, 2009, 01:39:06 PM
It is my opinion that Shamrocks have had more hurling and football fixtures postponed/cancelled/put on hold this season without a valid reason than any other club in the county.

If that makes me a conspiracy theorist then fair enough!

I'd love to know what they have on the county board.

The Ballyholland boys will agree that they are a horrible shower anyway.   ;D

Match called off last sunday without Darragh Cross' permission. Reason given was that Shamrocks players were goin to the races in England.Not a club function or anything,just a day on the beer. Can anyone on here imagine ringing the county board and sayin you cant play that day because the players are goin on the piss?Also heard a rumour that Shamrocks couldn't play this week cos their players had to steward at ulster club final,haha

In my humble oppinion i think Shamrocks are putting off this game as long as they can because the longer it is put off the longer they longer to stay in Div. 2. It is a disgrace that a City club with this history and size can not make it into Div. 1. may i asked is there any good players in newry or have they all moved or has a foreign sport taken over

extra time

think match now moved to Newcastle. an riocht pitch in perfect condition by the way

Bitta-Banter

Match now 12.30 in Newcastle.
Only becuase Darragh told the CB that they will not be goin to An Riocht.

maldini

ballykinlar would be the best venue, similar distance from both clubs and a good pitch for this time of year

The Worker

Anybody know how the county trials have been going? what players where called up??

Yes I Would

Quote from: maldini on November 24, 2009, 05:18:48 PM
the biggest joke is that today on the down site they hav changed sundays match (prob due to pressure from shamrocks) to an 11am throw in in An Riocht.
thats darragh's whole season coming down to a match at 11 o clock on a sunday morning, their players wud hav to meet before 9am!!
also kilkeel is 10 miles outside newry, its an hour and a quarters drive from darragh cross to an riocht.

The way these play offs hav been handled is making a complete farce of the whole season. why were some teams made to play 3 matches inside a week to get the league finished before a certain date and now 6 weeks on we still haven't got play offs finished up??

What road do you use?

When We Win

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 24, 2009, 09:33:59 PM
Quote from: maldini on November 24, 2009, 05:18:48 PM

What road do you use?

Its 18 miles and about 25 min drive. Still a lot shorter than 40 miles from Darragh Cross and an hour and 15 min drive, depending on how many grandads will be out for a sunday spin.

Good decision though to change it to Newcastle although i would have thought Ballykinler would have been the best pitch in the county at present.

maldini

the match is now back in AnRiocht at 2pm on sunday

extra time

Minus15

Saw this over on Hogan Stand thought it could be worth a look. Here's my thoughts

1. County player of the Year - Danny Hughes

2. County match of the Year - God Knows

3. Club match of the Year - Glenn V Bosco JFC Quarter Final Replay

4. Club Team of the Year - Kilcoo

5. Favourite venue in the County - Pairc Esler

6. Least Favourite venue in the County - Ardtole

7. Best supporters in the County - ??

8. Worst Supporters in the County - Don't want to offend anyone. Ardglass obviously. Also seen Kilclief on a few occasions and they hold nothing back

9. Nicest club strip in the County - Wouldn't have a clue

10. Ugliest strip in the County - Glasdrumman

11. Favourite overall moment of 2009 (Intercounty) - ??

12. Favourite moment of 2009 (Club) - Winning JFC

13. Club of the year - Kilcoo

thegael

Compare the Down approach to appointing intercounty managers to other successful counties eg Tyrone

The under 21 appointment of Neil Collins as manager is an absolute disgrace !!!

I have to  wonder what experience of managing teams he has?

how many matches he actually goes to?

is he a member of the gaa?

what coaching qualifications he has?

Would a similar appointment be made in Tyrone?

the gael takes no prisoners!!

Brick Tamlin

yes its a disgrace, travesty of justice, it shouldnt be allowed, terrible appointmnet, burn him at the stake, cast him out of the county, how dare he take up such an appointment.

gabshite!