Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maldini

i disagree that Dan was Downs best player this season.
Very good in Omagh and Park Esler
Poor in Clones
Good in Offaly
Stupid in Portlaoise
Awful at Croker

I think Aidan Carr was more consistent or even Ambrose altho he missed a game or two

Dannymcfella

Dundrumite asked a few weeks ago was there anything more said about the Warrenpoint player (Ryan Mallon) and the 'assault' at the Belmont in Banbridge that was supposed to have happened, and i'm sure most of you read it in the Irish News or a local paper and maybe even heard his father on the radio given off.
If any of yous have seen the Irish news today, the banbridge chronicle this week or the newry reporter yous will realise that the reason this story died a death in terms of media coverage was because not only was no Clann na Banna player or any one connected with he club involved in the assault but no actual assault took place whatsoever, and was a complete lie.
Think its an absolute disgrace this happened and dragged not only the name of Clann na Banna through the mud but the GAA in general.

D4S

Quote from: maldini on August 08, 2008, 10:05:01 AM
Poor in Clones
Good in Offaly
Stupid in Portlaoise
Awful at Croker

I think Aidan Carr was more consistent or even Ambrose altho he missed a game or two

Ambrose didn't miss any championship games, played second half against Tyrone and then every minute Down played from then on in the championship he was on the field.  Even when he was hardly fit to stand in the last few mins last sunday he chose not to come off as he knew down had used all their subs!  As for Aidan Carr he can hold his head up high he played well in the down jersey this year and this ridiculing the managers son crap is bulls**t!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

dundrumite

Quote from: Dannymcfella on August 08, 2008, 10:06:45 AM
Dundrumite asked a few weeks ago was there anything more said about the Warrenpoint player (Ryan Mallon) and the 'assault' at the Belmont in Banbridge that was supposed to have happened, and i'm sure most of you read it in the Irish News or a local paper and maybe even heard his father on the radio given off.
If any of yous have seen the Irish news today, the banbridge chronicle this week or the newry reporter yous will realise that the reason this story died a death in terms of media coverage was because not only was no Clann na Banna player or any one connected with he club involved in the assault but no actual assault took place whatsoever, and was a complete lie.
Think its an absolute disgrace this happened and dragged not only the name of Clann na Banna through the mud but the GAA in general.

Danny mac think that fella played against us the other night. Should make for an interesting first round of championship between the two teams. :o

upthehoops

Quote from: dundrumite on August 08, 2008, 01:35:54 PM

Danny mac think that fella played against us the other night. Should make for an interesting first round of championship between the two teams. :o
Just reading that Derry co Board are going after Conway and Gilligan for bringing the association into disrepute. If there is no foundation to the story above you would imagine there would be an even bigger case for Down to bring a charge against this guy for similarly bringing the association into disrepute. Absolutely scandolous if this is not pursued

Down Gael

My top 3 players this summer were, Dan, Luke Howard and Paul Murphy.

bridgegael

surely an apology to the clan na bana club should have been given??  totally unacceptable behaviour!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bridgegael

my top three. 
1. Dan
2.  Ambrose
3. brendy mac.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

T O Hare

my top three 1. Benny 2. Dan 3. Carr...... anyone who dos nt want to watch Armagh tommorrow should come over to the Bridge tommorrow at 2 for the ACMFC replay between ourselves and Kilcoo.. the first game was a cracker with the Bridge lucky to salvage a draw at the end.. It should be an interesting game with the Bridge probably favourites as they are home and the game is being playing on a Gaelic football pitch as oppossed to a tennis court ;D.. call into the club after for a few drinks to catch the end of the game and the whole Kerry v Galway game
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

corn02

Quote from: maldini on August 08, 2008, 10:05:01 AM
Poor in Clones
Good in Offaly
Stupid in Portlaoise
Awful at Croker

As in the Armagh match, Gordon destroyed Armagh that day, catch a grip ffs, he was easily the best Down player on the field.

superblues

was playing in a thirds game last night and in the middle off the game was running past the ref and he was on the phone could not believe it its a joke what some refs get away with

Dannymcfella

He has been playing away for a while now, some career threatening injury he had!!!
The other point players said from the start they knew he was talkin sh*t

Dannymcfella

Quote from: upthehoops on August 08, 2008, 01:56:56 PM

Just reading that Derry co Board are going after Conway and Gilligan for bringing the association into disrepute. If there is no foundation to the story above you would imagine there would be an even bigger case for Down to bring a charge against this guy for similarly bringing the association into disrepute. Absolutely scandolous if this is not pursued

ya would think so

Niall Quinn

Quote from: superblues on August 08, 2008, 05:11:10 PM
was playing in a thirds game last night and in the middle off the game was running past the ref and he was on the phone could not believe it its a joke what some refs get away with

That's pretty impressive multi-tasking.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: T O Hare on August 08, 2008, 02:52:47 PM
It should be an interesting game with the Bridge probably favourites as they are home and the game is being playing on a Gaelic football pitch as oppossed to a tennis court ;D

OI!!!

Cheeky shite ye!  :D

i usse an speelchekor