Why hasn't Cluxton replied?

Started by BennyCake, March 13, 2018, 12:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Just been reading an article in Irish News about GAA historian Michael Anderson, who wrote to all All Ireland winning captains asking for an autograph for a collection.

All captains gladly responded... except Stephen Cluxton. That's the only 4 years missing.

Would make a nice museum collection.

What's going on here then?

Syferus

I have no love for the Dubs or their poisonous professionalism but this thread is fûcking ridiculous. Cluxton can give or not give an autograph to whomever he likes.

charlieTully

Quote from: Syferus on March 13, 2018, 12:35:08 AM
I have no love for the Dubs or their poisonous professionalism but this thread is fûcking ridiculous. Cluxton can give or not give an autograph to whomever he likes.

Stop trying to be Tony. It's boring now

longballin

That's Cluxton... when he scored winning point in 2011 after the game Tomas handed him the ball in a very sporting gesture. Cluxton booted it away. Not great on social skills. Noticed that too on the Roscommon poster... but I try to ignore as was hard enough work with Fearon. 

Farrandeelin

It's not as if he has to do much. Just write his name. He probably is focussing on the next game...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: charlieTully on March 13, 2018, 06:46:21 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 13, 2018, 12:35:08 AM

Stop trying to be Tony. It's boring now
I think he is right in this instance cluxton signs 1000's of autographs . after the mayo game he was held out on the pitch for ages after the game and was the major attraction , which surprised me, esp a young mayo kid I know was mad to get a selfie with him.
so id concentrate on that rather than one he didn't  who probably have it on Ebay as soon as he finishes his collection
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Kurtz

Quote from: longballin on March 13, 2018, 09:35:39 AM
That's Cluxton... when he scored winning point in 2011 after the game Tomas handed him the ball in a very sporting gesture. Cluxton booted it away. Not great on social skills. Noticed that too on the Roscommon poster... but I try to ignore as was hard enough work with Fearon.

Met Clucko three times and he couldn't have been nicer. he stayed and chatted when he didn't need to.
He is one of these people who is always looking to the next game and next win. always looking forward.
Some people, especially the fluffy facebook generation just don't get him
But he is not a bad person

snoopdog

Why doesn't the guy who wants the autograph just go to Dublins next away league game and get it on the pitch after the game. I thinks it's Galway in tuam or salthill this weekend. Pointless thread.

Hardy

Cluxton's autograph is overrated.

longballin

Quote from: Kurtz on March 13, 2018, 09:57:40 AM
Quote from: longballin on March 13, 2018, 09:35:39 AM

Met Clucko three times and he couldn't have been nicer. he stayed and chatted when he didn't need to.
He is one of these people who is always looking to the next game and next win. always looking forward.
Some people, especially the fluffy facebook generation just don't get him
But he is not a bad person

maybe hes shy or just different

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on March 13, 2018, 11:15:46 AM

What are you talking about? He revolutionised autograph writing!

BennyCake

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 13, 2018, 12:23:27 PM

Aye, he starts at the extreme corner of the page.

And ironically, makes a smiley face out of the 'O' in Cluxton.

Beffs

Jesus. Some people really need to get a life.

magpie seanie

Quote from: BennyCake on March 13, 2018, 12:59:16 PM

And there's a nice hook on the end of it.... ;D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 13, 2018, 01:14:18 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 13, 2018, 12:59:16 PM

And there's a nice hook on the end of it.... ;D

Lads quit your craic. John O Learys autograph revolutionised autographs. How can you even say otherwise?  After the Paddy Cullen debacle where his surname just stumbled into Culleeeee and never actually got there John O Leary stepped up to the mark and put a bit of pride in the Dublin goalkeeper autographs again, you could say he picked it off the ground again after it had been destroyed (unlike Paddy who never lifted anything up off the ground )...good, solid, reliable John. None of these fanciful Clucko or anything of the like. Just good honest John. You knew were you stood with an honest John autograph.