All Ireland Club Championships

Started by revsperminute, December 10, 2019, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

Good to see the famed free flowing down football on display today in croke park. Aristocrats at their pure footballing best
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

joemamas

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 19, 2020, 04:45:45 PM
Quote from: Zulu on January 19, 2020, 04:42:05 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2020, 04:38:36 PM
Quote from: Zulu on January 19, 2020, 04:34:56 PM
Kilcoo showing no ambition whatsoever. Only one team trying to win the game.
Strange take considering Kilcoo have missed half a dozen or so good chances, I'd be more worried about that if I had a dog in the fight.

Corofin have missed two goal chances and dropped a very scoreable free short. As Corofin have won an All Ireland already I started the game hoping Kilcoo would win but would prefer see Corofin win it now.

First 22 minutes Corofin had 1 effort on goal.

Their inability or unwillingness to kick from even 35 yards is very obvious

Zulu

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 19, 2020, 04:45:45 PM
Quote from: Zulu on January 19, 2020, 04:42:05 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 19, 2020, 04:38:36 PM
Quote from: Zulu on January 19, 2020, 04:34:56 PM
Kilcoo showing no ambition whatsoever. Only one team trying to win the game.
Strange take considering Kilcoo have missed half a dozen or so good chances, I'd be more worried about that if I had a dog in the fight.

Corofin have missed two goal chances and dropped a very scoreable free short. As Corofin have won an All Ireland already I started the game hoping Kilcoo would win but would prefer see Corofin win it now.

First 22 minutes Corofin had 1 effort on goal.

Because Kilcoo had 15 men in their own 45.

larryin89

Kilcoo deserving of their point advantage just about but corofin with the goal chances , if they convert one in the second half you'd expect them to kick on . I actually found the game itself ok for such a low scoring one . Galway bucks look a bit frustrated, Lundy might lose the plot and get sent off yet . Looking forward to second half , kilcoo need to mind the net early and try wind a few of the fancy dans up a biteen , give Molloys girly hair a bit of a pull now and again
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

manfromdelmonte

The same Corofin player, Wall just drew two yellow cards from the same Kilcoo player

Dougal Maguire

Sending off a disgrace. He didn't deserve either of his yellow cards
Careful now

screenexile

First yellow for that lad should never have been that's a horrible call!!

A Corofin procession now

Captain Obvious

That sending off a massive turning point. Hard to see Corofin not winning now

highorlow

Neither a yellow , 1st was a dive second on he was going low into the tackle so it looked high. Terrible from the ref in such a high stakes game.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Zulu

Thought the ref was hard on Corofin but that sending off is a joke. Lads shouldn't be getting sent off for those tackles.

screenexile

Quote from: hardstation on January 19, 2020, 04:57:12 PM
Silly boy. Both yellow cards alright.

How?? The Corofin player took out his own man for the first one no 10 did nothing!!

Sportacus

First yellow, why not walk away, the whistle had gone.  Why the need to raise his hand? Stupid.

Second yellow, high arm round the neck.  Stupid when already on a yellow. 

screenexile

Quote from: hardstation on January 19, 2020, 05:01:00 PM
1st one - He put his hand on his throat and pushed him to the ground. He went down easy enough but it's still a yellow card and was completely needless.

2nd was a high challenge all day.

Not what I saw at all from what I could see the Corofin man threw the hands up and connected with his own player!!

Second was probably high and you'd usually accept it but numerous of those aren't getting called as a yellow normally.

manfromdelmonte

The first yellow was never a yellow card!
Play acting to get a free reversed!

yellowcard

Very harsh sending off but with Kilcoo defensive system it shouldn't affect them too much other than limiting their ability to counter attack.