NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 17, 2019, 09:33:19 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 17, 2019, 12:01:33 PM
Very difficult to predict again this year. Galway & Kerry missing a lot of players through Crokes & Corofin and both teams are missing several players through injuries too.

Dublin 8/15
Kerry 13/2
Tyrone 8/1
Mayo 9/1
Galway 10/1
Monaghan 16/1
Roscommon 40/1
Cavan 50/1

Don't get Monaghan's odds, along with Tyrone I can't see them going down; Either side don't appear to be missing many players.

I think Roscommon & Cavan will go down but don't think its as clear cut as some seem to think.

Monaghan definitely the value bet

Monaghan don't have the squad dept for to give the League a go and then have a go at the Ulster Championship! 16/1 is about right!

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 17, 2019, 09:43:24 PM
Very difficult to predict again this year. Galway & Kerry missing a lot of players through Crokes & Corofin and both teams are missing several players through injuries too.

Dublin 8/15
Kerry 13/2
Tyrone 8/1
Mayo 9/1
Galway 10/1
Monaghan 16/1
Roscommon 40/1
Cavan 50/1

Don't get Monaghan's odds, along with Tyrone I can't see them going down; Either side don't appear to be missing many players.

I think Roscommon & Cavan will go down but don't think its as clear cut as some seem to think.

Monaghan don't have the squad dept for to give the League a go and then have a go at the Ulster Championship! 16/1 is about right!

I don't think 16/1 is right for a team that finished 3rd in the league last year and just inches away from reaching the AI final. Kerry odds are far too short, Weren't that convincing in the league or championship last year and are in full blown transition now. New manager and loads of new and young players introduced into the team. No Crokes players will make things more difficult for them.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

In last 4 years cavan have played Galway twice in the league, once in salthill and once in Breffni. Cavan won both. The Breffni game was winner gets promoted to Div1. It's unfortunate we will be short gearoid McKiernan and a few others as I'd have fancied our chances with a full team.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on January 17, 2019, 11:00:23 PM
In last 4 years cavan have played Galway twice in the league, once in salthill and once in Breffni. Cavan won both. The Breffni game was winner gets promoted to Div1. It's unfortunate we will be short gearoid McKiernan and a few others as I'd have fancied our chances with a full team.
The second time was a straight fight for promotion iirc. I think Galway did better staying down another year because they clearly weren't up to scratch later in the year. They needed more time.
Last year was a pleasant surprise and the super 8's went well even if we are still a good bit behind the Dubs.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

giveballaghback

Quote from: seafoid on January 18, 2019, 06:26:14 PM
The second time was a straight fight for promotion iirc. I think Galway did better staying down another year because they clearly weren't up to scratch later in the year. They needed more time.
Last year was a pleasant surprise and the super 8's went well even if we are still a good bit behind the Dubs.
and a long long way behind Monaghan as well as lucky to beat Kildare.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on January 18, 2019, 06:26:14 PM

These things are all cycles. :)

Main Street

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 17, 2019, 10:33:59 PM

Dublin 8/15
Kerry 13/2
Tyrone 8/1
Mayo 9/1
Galway 10/1
Monaghan 16/1
Roscommon 40/1
Cavan 50/1

I don't think 16/1 is right for a team that finished 3rd in the league last year and just inches away from reaching the AI final. Kerry odds are far too short, Weren't that convincing in the league or championship last year and are in full blown transition now. New manager and loads of new and young players introduced into the team. No Crokes players will make things more difficult for them.
I'd hang on to my money. It's a tough draw for Monaghan, even if they beat Dublin at home in the first game which is a tough ask, there are 4 away games where we'd be doing very good to win 2.
Tyrone look to be in a much better position with 4 home games, to finish in the top 2.

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on January 19, 2019, 08:18:16 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on January 17, 2019, 10:33:59 PM

Dublin 8/15
Kerry 13/2
Tyrone 8/1
Mayo 9/1
Galway 10/1
Monaghan 16/1
Roscommon 40/1
Cavan 50/1

I'd hang on to my money. It's a tough draw for Monaghan, even if they beat Dublin at home in the first game which is a tough ask, there are 4 away games where we'd be doing very good to win 2.
Tyrone look to be in a much better position with 4 home games, to finish in the top 2.
An béal Bocht
Shur Monaghan have 3 all stars
And didn't Tyrone lose the first 3 in a row last year? Wasn't it great ould entertainment in a cold February?

larryin89

Beal bocht me arse , 2019 now ,dubs heading for total dominance ,mcAffrey shiftin young fellas and still people think they will be stopped , the end is nigh ,once  the jacks realised they could win all before and after ,twas over . County game is finished as we know it ,only a matter of time . When is enough enough ,five all Irelands ,six seven ? Tell me when
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Lar Naparka

Quote from: larryin89 on January 20, 2019, 04:27:14 AM
Beal bocht me arse , 2019 now ,dubs heading for total dominance ,mcAffrey shiftin young fellas and still people think they will be stopped , the end is nigh ,once  the jacks realised they could win all before and after ,twas over . County game is finished as we know it ,only a matter of time . When is enough enough ,five all Irelands ,six seven ? Tell me when
G'man, Larry looks like you had the few scoops last night by the looks of it and fair play to ye!   ;D
When will enough be enough? It will be enough when Croke Park is sold to some venture capitalists or vultures as us culchies would say. The 'For Sale' signs will be up on every GAA ground in the land.
What with the way the Dubs are steamrolling all around them and ordinary punters are forced to cough up €20 to go see some mickey mouse league game in January you don't need Specsavers to tell you yer eyesight is banjaxed if you don't see trouble ahead.
The Dubs will never give up or grow tired of winning everything is sight as long as they have a steady stream of talented young fellas snapping at the heels of boyos fighting like frig to hang on to their places.
The rest of us can go suck the hind tit, this is worse than the backstop!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mouview

Given Galway's turgid display today, allied to the amount of players who will be unavailable, I'd say Cavan will be a good bet to continue that winning run.

seafoid

Odds via Oddschecker

Dubs           4/7
Kerry          7/1
Throne        8/1
MGHU         10/1
Herrins        12/1
Monaghan    16/1
Ros             50/1
Cavan          100/1

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on January 22, 2019, 08:14:34 AM
Odds via Oddschecker

Dubs           4/7
Kerry          7/1
Throne        8/1
MGHU         10/1
Herrins        12/1
Monaghan    16/1
Ros             50/1
Cavan          100/1

And the relegation odds

Roscommon 8/15
Cavan 4/7
Monaghan 11/4
Galway 7/2
Mayo 4/1
Kerry 6/1
Tyrone 11/2
Dublin 33/1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

I expect a loss on Saturday   , with a defeat to Tyrone the following week highly likely , relegation would then be on the cards. I expect a very poor show in the championship ,  with a few depressing retirements at the end of the season the likes we'll never see again . It will be a dull dark gloomy period over the next two years . You'd have to think if Dublin win 7/8 in a row the county game itself might die altogether too.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

Quote from: larryin89 on January 22, 2019, 09:38:14 PM
I expect a loss on Saturday   , with a defeat to Tyrone the following week highly likely , relegation would then be on the cards. I expect a very poor show in the championship ,  with a few depressing retirements at the end of the season the likes we'll never see again . It will be a dull dark gloomy period over the next two years . You'd have to think if Dublin win 7/8 in a row the county game itself might die altogether too.
Jaysus larrin, are you still doing the lotto?