Question for Tyrone football fans

Started by Myles Na G., October 21, 2010, 08:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Na G.

A colleague in work is raising money for one of these charity treks abroad. She's got her hands on a Tyrone football shirt signed by the 2008 Championship squad. Would Tyrone fans still think this is worth buying a raffle ticket for, or has the moment passed?

Gabriel_Hurl

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 21, 2010, 08:01:10 PM
A colleague in work is raising money for one of these charity treks abroad. She's got her hands on a Tyrone football shirt signed by the 2008 Championship squad. Would Tyrone fans still think this is worth buying a raffle ticket for, or has the moment passed?
If she wants a holiday abroad tell her to book one in Thomas Cooks ;-)

Family guy

people would still buy a ticket if it was say top prize at an event,say as in a raffle in the middle of something,im sure everyone there would buy a ticket

ziggysego

Yeah, people would still like to win it. Bit like a signed Norn Iron top by Healy from the England game a few years back.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Yip... would like to have that especially as there could be imminent retirements from top players in that squad.

leenie

i'd buy a ticket,

much better a raffle than an auction!

how much are the tickets?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 21, 2010, 08:01:10 PM

They definitely have dropped in value in the case of auctions as they were ten-a-penny for a good while there. There's just so many of them about. Raffle is probably the right way to go. Even so, I don't think the moment has passed though as the more time that passes the more it'll be appreciated, given it was a vintage year for Tyrone.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Hereiam

Kerry Mike

Would be a handy rag for cleaning the toilet with... where do I sign up?
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

armaghniac

QuoteWould be a handy rag for cleaning the toilet with...

A  toilet eh, you're fierce posh for a Kerryman.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Kerry Mike on October 21, 2010, 11:20:09 PM

It certainly wiped Kerry eyes in '08.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

EC Unique

In my experience people by raffle tickets for the cause. It matters little what the prize is.

I would by one.

deiseach

Quote from: Kerry Mike on October 21, 2010, 11:20:09 PM

Doubt it'll be much good even for that. It's rough, it's tough, and it don't take shit from no-one

Family guy

Could auction it,id say she wud be a happy woman if she got what hubs jersey went for in his local clubs gala,unreal the money they got for his,still cant believe it,was one of the craziest experiences of my life