Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 04, 2020, 05:20:49 PM
Didn't realise Pepe was 25, thought he was 22/23; Its looking like one of the worst transfers of all time, Arsenal will really struggle to get a fraction of what they paid for him.

To be fair to Arteta he clearly has the weakest squad out of United, Chelsea & Arsenal despite Arsenal spending a pretty much identical amount on players to United the last 3 years. Arsenal in a lot of trouble if they don't qualify for the CL, they've lots of good young players but apart from Partey there's not too many top players in their prime; Bellerin looks to have gone backwards the last few years, they've a lot of older players.

They won't be even close to the Champions League places. Will be something similar to last season, when they were 8th. Their best chance of qualification is probably by winning the Europa League, which is not impossible but very unlikely.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: BennyCake on December 04, 2020, 05:25:08 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 04, 2020, 03:36:10 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 04, 2020, 10:20:21 AM
Wasn't that long ago in this thread men were saying Lampard was for the sack. Have only conceded 2 goals in 10 games or something now?

Gave Sevilla a right hammering the other night there too. Saying that it was both B Teams.

He'll be sacked if Chelsea fail to finish in the top 4 with that squad of players. Roman will expect at least one trophy this season also.

Lampard is a stop gap as Chelsea couldn’t buy players last season. No big manager would’ve taken the job while hamstrung with no new transfers. He’ll be gone soon enough, regardless of how well he does.

I’ve no love for Chelsea but I sort of want him to be successful just for that reason. Then again, Di Matteo won the CL and FA cup and was turfed out a few weeks into the new season.

Not sure about that. The Chelsea that Lampard took over had finished 3rd in the Premier league and won the Europa league the season before he arrived. No transfers however had the additions of Pulisic, Abraham, Mount.

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 04, 2020, 05:51:54 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 04, 2020, 05:25:08 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 04, 2020, 03:36:10 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 04, 2020, 10:20:21 AM
Wasn't that long ago in this thread men were saying Lampard was for the sack. Have only conceded 2 goals in 10 games or something now?

Gave Sevilla a right hammering the other night there too. Saying that it was both B Teams.

He'll be sacked if Chelsea fail to finish in the top 4 with that squad of players. Roman will expect at least one trophy this season also.

Lampard is a stop gap as Chelsea couldn't buy players last season. No big manager would've taken the job while hamstrung with no new transfers. He'll be gone soon enough, regardless of how well he does.

I've no love for Chelsea but I sort of want him to be successful just for that reason. Then again, Di Matteo won the CL and FA cup and was turfed out a few weeks into the new season.

Not sure about that. The Chelsea that Lampard took over had finished 3rd in the Premier league and won the Europa league the season before he arrived. No transfers however had the additions of Pulisic, Abraham, Mount.

Yes but those 3 were unproven at PL level. And Lampard had no choice but to throw in the likes of Mount, Abraham etc. They wouldn't have got much game time had Chelsea been able to spend big.

Chelsea won't be looking for Steve Bruce or Big Sam. They'd have been after the likes of Simeone, who'd want to bring in big players.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Ball Hopper

ONeill

Super Frank top of the league. Fair play to him. Many have crumbled under the weight of big money at that age.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggy90

Quote from: ONeill on December 05, 2020, 09:54:14 PM
Super Frank top of the league. Fair play to him. Many have crumbled under the weight of big money at that age.

:D
I didn't watch it. Was it as feisty an affair as Chelsea v Leeds games tend to be?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

BennyCake

Quote from: ziggy90 on December 05, 2020, 10:00:28 PM

I didn't watch it. Was it as feisty an affair as Chelsea v Leeds games tend to be?

Aye, Chopper Harris was up to his old tricks again.

ziggy90

Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2020, 10:15:47 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on December 05, 2020, 10:00:28 PM

Aye, Chopper Harris was up to his old tricks again.
Frank's Old Fella was no shrinking Violet either?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

samuel maguire

Some of the comments on here about Chelsea are laughable.

Havertz has been very good in the games we have seen him so far. Same can be said for Werner. Both look world class and premier league greats in years to come.

imtommygunn

On the subject of Werner have you ever seen a miss like his at the weekend. He stopped his own man's shot going in then missed it from the line.

screenexile

Harry Kane can f**k away off backing into lads when they're going up for a header too someone is going to get seriously injured with that shit he's at!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: screenexile on December 07, 2020, 02:51:43 PM
Harry Kane can f**k away off backing into lads when they're going up for a header too someone is going to get seriously injured with that shit he's at!!

Sir Harry of Kane can do as he pleases....it may be dangerous as f**k but he gets away with it. Funny how his shithousery has increased since Jose became manager....hmmmmm?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 07, 2020, 03:24:18 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 07, 2020, 02:51:43 PM

Sir Harry of Kane can do as he pleases....it may be dangerous as f**k but he gets away with it. Funny how his shithousery has increased since Jose became manager....hmmmmm?

Probably more because Mourinho will actually speak to the press, Pochettino was fond of the me no speak Englese when stuff like this was put to him.

Kane's been like this for years, it's got worse with England Captaincy.