ACFL Division 2

Started by SCFC, March 12, 2017, 02:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbbey

Actually think fewer matches in the league would help big time, also there are 24 trams in division 2 and 3, id like to see 3 divisions of 8 between these. You would end up having 7 divisions of 8 teams, basically the way the hurling is, Have one up and one down from each league also instead of two. Also run it so that there is all hurling one week all football the week after or visa versa, makes it clearer for players when matches are on, also help out duel players clubs big time and would allow football/hurling only clubs to schedule the year out better. The fewer games i think would also lead to more intensity because the matches would actually mean more and there would be less likely hood of the the mass forfeits that we are seeing.

ollie12

Semi final result. Courtwood 0-16 Rosenallis 0-11. Mountmelick vs Courtwood in the final.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: ollie12 on July 03, 2017, 12:50:28 PM
Semi final result. Courtwood 0-16 Rosenallis 0-11. Mountmelick vs Courtwood in the final.

Yeah, we're in the final but can't get promoted! Crazy stuff.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Don Draper

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 04, 2017, 04:43:46 PM

Look on the bright side, great opportunity to do back to back.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Don Draper on July 05, 2017, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 04, 2017, 04:43:46 PM

Look on the bright side, great opportunity to do back to back.
:D

The PRO

Is it just Mountmellick who go up?

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: The PRO on July 06, 2017, 07:21:22 PM
Is it just Mountmellick who go up?
Mountmellick and Rosenallis are promoted.

redsetanta

What was the point of a play off if the top 2 are already promoted?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Camarillo Brillo

It was just a case of more bullshitology from the county board

SCFC

Caught the second half of the final of this last night.
Mountmellick just that bit stronger. Courtwood a bit toothless in attack although MM only scored 1-2 in the second half either.

The PRO

Quote from: SCFC on July 10, 2017, 10:31:39 AM
Caught the second half of the final of this last night.
Mountmellick just that bit stronger. Courtwood a bit toothless in attack although MM only scored 1-2 in the second half either.
It was more entertaining than the Division 1 final i thought.
Can't see mellick doing much in the senior championship on what I saw but I suppose they will have a few extra players from their gaels arrangement with kilcavan and castletown.
Courtwood missed Doyle and Luttrell badly.

El Jefe

Yeah Courtwood seemed to be missing a lot of players and had a number of U17's on the bench to make it look a bit better. They battled hard but lacked the quality with those missing. MM only scored 1-02 for the last 35-40 mins which would have to be a worry against an Intermediate team missing a load

Pablo Escobar

Is Doyle out for long?. A lovely footballer .

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: El Jefe on July 11, 2017, 11:22:43 AM
Yeah Courtwood seemed to be missing a lot of players and had a number of U17's on the bench to make it look a bit better. They battled hard but lacked the quality with those missing. MM only scored 1-02 for the last 35-40 mins which would have to be a worry against an Intermediate team missing a load
Spot on. We only had 4 subs available.
We were short 5 injured and 3 abroad. Not whinging or anything, it's just how it panned out.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on July 11, 2017, 01:50:14 PM
Quote from: El Jefe on July 11, 2017, 11:22:43 AM
Spot on. We only had 4 subs available.
We were short 5 injured and 3 abroad. Not whinging or anything, it's just how it panned out.
Are they back for championship. Seems a lot of clubs nationwide are experiencing this trend of young men traveling now. I recentley read where its an epidemic in club football in Kerry of all places.