Leinster Minor Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 07, 2016, 01:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Pity that ref wasn't reffing some of the Dublin games in recent years. Philly McMahon has footblocked on more than one occasion.

Also, should that rule not also apply to goalkeepers?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

GAA-SMART

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unison

Well done to the minors. Great result. Listening to LMFM, where Mattie Kerrigan was full of praise for Portarlington man, Colin Slevin who he said was brilliant. Also great praise for Whelan and Comerford.  I must say I did not see that result coming after the Louth match.

Its nice to have a bit of good news for Laois football at last. I hope the quarter final draw will be kind to them!!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great win for the Minor footballers today, down 0-6 to 0-4 at half time and went 0-9 to 0-4 down after 15 min's of the second half. They really put the shoulder to the wheel then and levelled it with 3 min's to go.

Then Diarmuid Whelan, who had come back on after being injured fired over the winner and although Meath had a chance from a free to level the game, it was kicked wide and Laois had pulled of a brilliant victory..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

merman

Delighted for the lads. Great effort by all.

I don't mean to be a negative bastard but something bothered me the last day and it does again today.
That's two matches in a row now where a player substituted was brought back in near the end. I appreciate that there was an injury involved today and that management know their players a hell of a lot better than I do but I don't think its right and fair; especially when they are carrying a panel in excess of 40 for both minor and U17 grades.

Keyser Söze

Excellent result. Very positive. Well done to all!
(Delaney out! :))
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

justinn

Well done to the minors today. Eleven of the players used today u17.

OTF

That's a great win !! well done.
Who do they meet next.

The Monument Road

Quote from: town1980 on April 22, 2017, 07:02:59 PM
Mark Rooney gets Laois to a Leinster final and then he doesn't get the job I ask why????? Having witnessed that against Louth no lads Louth I might ask and we're playing at home we all deserve to know who picked this management team .... we let in 2-11 and a poster says we were good defensively???? Our forward unit did nothing I'm been negative but that was shite today u21 was shite and the senior is shite,,,, county board watts going on,????we don't av one manager that would inspire  mouse to play and that's totally obivious in all grades,,,, Meath will run over us
Well done to those young boys today and to the management team...Town1980 have you any comment especially on your thinking on what meath would do...

clonadmad

Quote from: The Monument Road on May 06, 2017, 08:57:31 PM
Mark Rooney gets Laois to a Leinster final and then he doesn't get the job I ask why????? Having witnessed that against Louth no lads Louth I might ask and we're playing at home we all deserve to know who picked this management team .... we let in 2-11 and a poster says we were good defensively???? Our forward unit did nothing I'm been negative but that was shite today u21 was shite and the senior is shite,,,, county board watts going on,????we don't av one manager that would inspire  mouse to play and that's totally obivious in all grades,,,, Meath will run over us
Well done to those young boys today and to the management team...Town1980 have you any comment especially on your thinking on what meath would do...

He's busy at the minute,trawling the bars of Portlaoise for errant county players

The Monument Road

Quote from: clonadmad on May 06, 2017, 09:08:13 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on May 06, 2017, 08:57:31 PM

He's busy at the minute,trawling the bars of Portlaoise for errant county players
Maybe he works in a bar OR maybe he owns on 8)

Bud Wiser

Whoever was tweeting the scores during the game must have been doing it from a pub as well. Shocking stuff, and then announced Meath as the winners
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"