Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

County baller

I was very impressed by Cormac Murphy this year. He really stood out for Crettyard while Evan O'Carroll was missing!

Unlaoised

Well done Stradbally on a famous win ...On another day it would have been 10 in a row for a great Portlaoise team.

What a goal to win it...

Hope Bruno recovers well and best of luck to the Little town against the Longford champions on sunday week

I posted this last week but for some reason it didn't show up anyway....

Regarding the game having watched it back on DVD there was no point that looked wide even tho one was close in the first half.

Eddie did well but his linesman on the near side in first half could have helped him more with some of the off the ball stuff.

Regarding team of the year...

Pauric McMahon of Ballyroan and James Finn of Ballyfin were unlucky not to be in it ...Murphy from Crettyard and as for Donie Kingston not been there ha ha that was biggest joke I ever seen in a paper!

Comerford from stradbally and Bracken from Port also stood out for me in the games I saw.

If Creedon wants some help I'm here as I think I missed only 4 games in the whole senior championship !

I hope a few few from outside the county can go and support the Stradbally men in the Leinster club championship now!

LAOIS ABÚ

town1980

town1980

Joe Higgins,,, Gary Kavanagh ,, donie norton,, Pauric clancy ,, they are the available managers at the minute who wer all involved n last years championship,,, clancy being linked with athy how true I don't no,,, Kavanagh with laois minors,, latter I don't no

High Fielder

High Fielder

Must be somebody stirring the pot so. You couldn't get rid of a man who gets you into a Leinster Final in his first season and replace him with the Chairman's son. I know this is Laois but.....

El Jefe

Heard there might be some truth to the Heath/Timahoe rumours. Supposedly The Heath are losing a number of players who are going abroad, all starters from this year

Don Draper

Quote from: El Jefe on October 28, 2016, 09:04:33 AM
Heard there might be some truth to the Heath/Timahoe rumours. Supposedly The Heath are losing a number of players who are going abroad, all starters from this year
If Jackie's not dead, he'll have to die soon for that to ever happen

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on October 27, 2016, 10:55:41 PM
Must be somebody stirring the pot so. You couldn't get rid of a man who gets you into a Leinster Final in his first season and replace him with the Chairman's son. I know this is Laois but.....
Gary will be a selector on the senior.

town1980

why wouldnt garry be considered??????unfair to diss him just because his gerrys son he took blinan to a quarter final and has as much experience than rooney in my mind,,wer crying out for young managers to get intothe mix and then have silly comments then thrown about,,if garry gets i best of luck to him,,,on the heath timahoe thing it would be a sham for both clubs,,the heaththinking there going to win a final this year to timahoe just wining intermediate,,cant see either club going for it

High Fielder

Mark Rooney did a good job in one year. He has a good habit of getting lads to play for him, and it's a pity in my opinion that he was only there for a year. Before he got that job, he had impressed with his work in his own club, which let's face it, isn't the easiest club to manage. This isn't about achievements or otherwise, it's about getting in the best man for the job. If that's Gary Kavanagh fine and well, but I'd rather have seen Rooney do it for longer after such a promising start.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: town1980 on October 28, 2016, 09:42:34 AM
why wouldnt garry be considered??????unfair to diss him just because his gerrys son he took blinan to a quarter final and has as much experience than rooney in my mind,,wer crying out for young managers to get intothe mix and then have silly comments then thrown about,,if garry gets i best of luck to him,,,on the heath timahoe thing it would be a sham for both clubs,,the heaththinking there going to win a final this year to timahoe just wining intermediate,,cant see either club going for it

Smacks of nepotism. Gerry would be better off not being in the chair when/if Gary gets the job.

Don Draper

Relax fellas, Gary is taking a selectors role with the Senior set up. Put down the pitckforks.

Helix

Quote from: El Jefe on October 28, 2016, 09:04:33 AM

Wont be passed by Heath committee would be absolute madness otherwise. Absolutely no chance. Missing potentially 5 to abroad and possibly retirements. Would be a case of a quick fix timahoe to go with Heath.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail