Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Started by Ogie, March 04, 2016, 09:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on September 10, 2016, 08:59:06 PM
Once again james young and clonaslee have disgraced themselves tonight, regardless of his stature the man deserves a lifetime ban and the club should be suspended for a year

I take it there was a row in OMP? Any clarity on what happened?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Keyser Söze

Once again james young and clonaslee have disgraced themselves tonight, regardless of his stature the man deserves a lifetime ban and the club should be suspended for a year

Plus 1.

They are just a different breed of people.
One or two others could/should have been sent off earlier- might have prevented what happened.
In fairness to the Castletown player who was sent off for getting involved after it must be very hard to hold your head with what started the row.
The man is a disgrace.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Downtheroad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 10, 2016, 10:34:46 PM

Plus 1.

They are just a different breed of people.
One or two others could/should have been sent off earlier- might have prevented what happened.
In fairness to the Castletown player who was sent off for getting involved after it must be very hard to hold your head with what started the row.
The man is a disgrace.
It was pretty bad tonight  particularly after what happened in Sligo during the week. The last thing Laois GAA needs is headlines for the wrong reasons. As usual Clonaslee are the main culprits but at least one Castletown player started flaking with the hurley. At one stage Clonaslee players seemed to have started fighting with each other.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Downtheroad on September 10, 2016, 11:01:06 PMAs usual Clonaslee are the main culprits but at least one Castletown player started flaking with the hurley.

You are correct. The guy sent off deserved to be. But in fairness, it is difficult not to react to these things....
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

Aren't Clonaslee under some sort of bond with the County Board? Huge suspensions to follow I think.

Dave like the tv channel

What age is James Young? Do lads not simply grow out of these things?

County baller

This all bodes well for Ballyfin on the other side of this final...

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on September 11, 2016, 08:38:45 AM
Aren't Clonaslee under some sort of bond with the County Board? Huge suspensions to follow I think.
Hopefully, but I thought the bond was up.

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on September 11, 2016, 11:54:07 AM
What age is James Young? Do lads not simply grow out of these things?
You can't outgrow bad breeding.

BallyroanAbu

I think its best we don't get personal here.  But if reports are correct from last night hopefully the county board comes down on them like a ton of bricks,  that sort of crap ruins it for everyone.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

south Laois

Jesus I would've thought he was more than 36. Clonaslee have plenty of history with this sort of thuggery. Time to bite the bullet and ban them from all competitions, even juvenile because they are just as bad that level too. Unfortunately the young lads think it's normal to behave like mammy and daddy!!

County baller

Quote from: south Laois on September 11, 2016, 02:47:50 PM
Jesus I would've thought he was more than 36. Clonaslee have plenty of history with this sort of thuggery. Time to bite the bullet and ban them from all competitions, even juvenile because they are just as bad that level too. Unfortunately the young lads think it's normal to behave like mammy and daddy!!

I think it's unfair to say they're as bad at juvenile. I've been involved in many games against them and they're no worse than other clubs. However at senior level I do believe that firm action needs to be taken. They can't continue with this despicable behaviour if a 1 year ban needs to be taken against them entering teams then so be it, hopefully the better lads in the club will oust the thugs and we will see a huge change in the club.

finbar o tool

well we didnt get the rain that was predicted but the wind made up for it! Really affected both games. You could tell at half time in the first match that a 9 point lead wasn't going to be enough, a lot of nervous BK people at the break! They just cant seem to get it together and hurl as a team. Ballinakill stayed chipping away and slotted the frees when it counted. Neither team were great to look at though and it hasn't changed the majority view that the winner will be from the other side.
Camross got out of jail big time, shouldn't have happened though as Dean Delaney should have got a red card, or at least, his 2nd yellow. a disgrace by the officials, the whole of O'Moore park seen him strike a player with his hurl but the ref or linesman, 10 yards away, didn't see it?? Bollox, they bottled it. As for Damien Keenan, hes a liability every day he goes out, headless! RE bet themselves though the way they set up, extra man and about 5/6 points up and they decide to sit back? John Purcell was on his own in the full forward line most of the second half, why?? I dont think they won one ball in there the whole second half. I think they had their chance, Camross to win the replay, cant call the other one, ive given up trying to guess between them!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Ogie

A bad weekend for hurling, from the ugly scenes on Saturday night, that needs to be punished hard by the county board, both clubs,

I know the wind had a massive affect on the games yesterday but I thought the standard was poor, especially in the first game

And again the thuggery that Camross brought to yesterday's game, they survived & Keenan will be back the next day, should have got a straight red & Delaney also survived,

Rathdowney Errill still look the class act, fitter and more game smart than any of the others left

We seem to be going back to the bad days instead of progressing with hurling in this county

Uisce

Agree that the games at the weekend were pretty poor. What went on Saturday night sounded awful.

Sundays games were poor enough. R/E will be kicking themselves they aren't in a county final. It was criminal they let Camross back into it. A man up and with a strong wind. They looked the better team but didn't have the fight the Camross lads had.

2 weeks is a fair break for the replay. Think it should be sooner than that. Who cares about playing a match in O'Moore park or not if it's a conflict with the football that is pushing out the championship for 2 weeks.