China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Dr Holohan isn't in the Deoartment of the Taoiseach.
Even Karen from facebook knows that.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: larryin89 on April 16, 2020, 06:33:15 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 16, 2020, 04:46:16 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 16, 2020, 04:31:56 PM
Quote from: Taylor on April 16, 2020, 04:09:35 PM
Not verified but there is a screenshot of a letter doing the rounds that pubs will not be allowed to open until 1st Sept at the earliest

I got a whatsapp this morning saying something like bars were to open in June 01st, some doctor or something. I can't mind what the accompanying text was. Pinch of salt stuff. Does the rounds on whatsapp generally false.

They'll have to wait till Karen on facebook gives the OK

They won't need Karen from Facebook to tell , mannions, Durcans, creatons In ballagh , all closed for good now with rumours of another two also thinking about folding .

This covid19 could quite possibly be the final nail in the coffin of rural towns in the west

Perhaps for many of the current businesses in the short term but if working from home becomes mainstream in the medium term, it opens up the possibility of moving out of the cities for lots of people which could help reinvigorate rural areas to some extent

armaghniac

Another 43 in the 26 counties and 18 in hospital in the North (and likely several more not counted). This could be worse, but is still very significant. They really failed in the nursing homes.

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 16, 2020, 07:27:40 PM
Perhaps for many of the current businesses in the short term but if working from home becomes mainstream in the medium term, it opens up the possibility of moving out of the cities for lots of people which could help reinvigorate rural areas to some extent

They'll need a lot more fibre optic draped on poles to ensure good broadband.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 16, 2020, 07:14:25 PM
Quote from: shantygael on April 16, 2020, 07:07:47 PM
Just saw an "official" government letter regarding pubs opening,the 1st September  is the date at the minute ,no earlier.

This letter?

https://mobile.twitter.com/newschambers/status/1250841549082169346
Be potential for public order issues the day of the reopening. Men with drink in them from late morning.

Could try a 7pm opening the first night, close at 11pm, to let the steam off.

dec

Number of deaths continues to drop in NY, down to 600, lowest in 10 days but still a huge number

NYC deaths in last 24hrs is 438
The normal death rate per day in New York City is under 200

So covid deaths are more than twice as much as all other deaths put together.

armaghniac

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 16, 2020, 08:11:06 PM
Just saw an "official" government letter regarding pubs opening,the 1st September  is the date at the minute ,no earlier.

This letter?

Be potential for public order issues the day of the reopening. Men with drink in them from late morning.

I think the solution for overcrowding is to only allow men into shops for the first week and likewise only allow women into pubs for the first week.

Quote from: dec on April 16, 2020, 08:43:09 PM
Number of deaths continues to drop in NY, down to 600, lowest in 10 days but still a huge number

NYC deaths in last 24hrs is 438
The normal death rate per day in New York City is under 200

So covid deaths are more than twice as much as all other deaths put together.

And that is only the ones they count.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

weareros

Quote from: larryin89 on April 16, 2020, 06:33:15 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 16, 2020, 04:46:16 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 16, 2020, 04:31:56 PM
Quote from: Taylor on April 16, 2020, 04:09:35 PM
Not verified but there is a screenshot of a letter doing the rounds that pubs will not be allowed to open until 1st Sept at the earliest

I got a whatsapp this morning saying something like bars were to open in June 01st, some doctor or something. I can't mind what the accompanying text was. Pinch of salt stuff. Does the rounds on whatsapp generally false.

They'll have to wait till Karen on facebook gives the OK

They won't need Karen from Facebook to tell , mannions, Durcans, creatons In ballagh , all closed for good now with rumours of another two also thinking about folding .

This covid19 could quite possibly be the final nail in the coffin of rural towns in the west .

Had heard similar. Would finish the town. Durkin's would be a huge loss to town.

marty34

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 16, 2020, 08:11:06 PM

This letter?

Would lads not have enough drink in them this past month? Drinking in the house on a regular basis.  Offies flat out by all appearances.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Emmett on April 16, 2020, 05:37:33 PM
I haven't been on here in a while but would like some advice if someone could be so kind.

A friend of mine works in Belfast but has been working from home at her parents in Fermanagh.

Today she received word that as of next week she has to return to the office and start working from there again. They are staggering workers back to the office.

She has very bad asthma and suffers with anxiety.

Can they enforce this given the UK governments stance of if you can work from home you must?

She does not feel comfortable with this plan whatsoever!

If she can do her work from home then she should continue to work from him.
But if, for example, she worked in manufacturing then her employer could make her go into work.
According to government guidance manufacturing should still be continuing in the UK, where social distance should be maintained as much as possible, but if it can't be then other precautions should be put in place.  These instructions are here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/social-distancing-in-the-workplace-during-coronavirus-covid-19-sector-guidance#manufacturing-and-processing-businesses

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2020, 05:43:14 PM
I haven't been on here in a while but would like some advice if someone could be so kind.

A friend of mine works in Belfast but has been working from home at her parents in Fermanagh.

Today she received word that as of next week she has to return to the office and start working from there again. They are staggering workers back to the office.

Can they enforce this given the UK governments stance of if you can work from home you must?

Once those companies are named and shamed on Social Media they might back down, but I thought the call from the government was work from home if you can... Strange one

If companies are working within the guidance (see my previous post) then why would they be named and shamed.  Keeping businesses closed for a long time is only going to jeopardise those businesses remaining viable.  Not sure why anyone would like that to happen.

shantygael

This letter?

Yip,that's why I have official in inverted commas
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

quit yo jibbajabba

Few crazies in charge of a few countries these days....#understatement

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 16, 2020, 10:14:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2020, 05:43:14 PM

Once those companies are named and shamed on Social Media they might back down, but I thought the call from the government was work from home if you can... Strange one

If companies are working within the guidance (see my previous post) then why would they be named and shamed.  Keeping businesses closed for a long time is only going to jeopardise those businesses remaining viable.  Not sure why anyone would like that to happen.

It's not closed and if you can do the job from home why go into an office?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

I'd chat to a lawyer if I were you. I can't remember which act it is (Either the Employment Protection Consolidation Act or the Health and Safety at Work Act) that says you don't have to do anything that might cause an injury. We have similar laws here in California. I was about to ring a lawyer when my wife's employer came close to demanding that she go into the office to do work that could just as easily have been done remotely. She works in a public agency which is deemed an "essential service" but that still doesn't mean she can be forced against her will to do something that might put herself or members of her household in danger. And it's illegal to retaliate against her for refusing to do anything dangerous. I'd imagine there are similar protections in UK law.