China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 17, 2020, 11:31:38 AM
Quote from: Rudi on April 17, 2020, 09:24:29 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 17, 2020, 09:21:19 AM
Keelings chartering a flight from Bulgaria for fruit pickers. . . is there any truth to that??

That looks true, shocking stuff. No more Keelings for me.

Whys it shocking?

The locals have neither the appetite or attitude for it.

It's shocking because its obvious, from the video of their arrival at the airport, that the people whom they hired never even heard of social distancing.

larryin89

Keelings chartering a flight from Bulgaria for fruit pickers. . . is there any truth to that??

Whys it shocking?

I'll do it , I live a few miles down the road . And like I've told them in an email I'll also get them 100 able bodied men for the morning .

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: five points on April 17, 2020, 11:45:15 AM

Whys it shocking?

It's shocking because its obvious, from the video of their arrival at the airport, that the people whom they hired never even heard of social distancing.

Hmmm, I was under the impression they had to do 14 days like our Doctors and Nurses coming home from Oz for example?

There just seems to be a pick and choose approach to certain things.

Maybe they are doing the 14 days. I don't know the ins and outs but if this is true, they are here to pick the fruit, one suspects they'll be straight to it.

johnnycool

Another 48 to be added to the NI Death total now that the care homes etc are being added and that's a week behind;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52322933

RadioGAAGAA

Whys it shocking?

Yes, because 3-4 hours in a plane* is healthy social distancing.... not to mention the buses/trains they got to the airport in Bulgaria.

The bigger problem is - there is no viable alternative. They either let the crop rot and with a lack of food on the shelves people get very antsy very quickly or they bring in labour.

Now I agree that there would need to be a strict 14day isolation for each and every one of them after arriving here - especially before being allowed to work in the food chain - and I'll bet that is not happening - due to greed.

*despite all the air cycling via HEPA filters that goes on.
i usse an speelchekor

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on April 17, 2020, 12:09:10 PM
Another 48 to be added to the NI Death total now that the care homes etc are being added and that's a week behind;

300 of the 486 Covid deaths in the south from care-homes?

five points

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 17, 2020, 12:18:48 PM

We haven't a Covid problem. We have a dirty hospitals and nursing homes problem.

larryin89

"The bigger problem is - there is no viable alternative. They either let the crop rot and with a lack of food on the shelves people get very antsy very quickly or they bring in labour."

Or they pay a decent living wage for Dublin that wouldn't even put a significant dent in their massive profits but hey ho no , they're a fg company in bed with senior fg figures . Why are people afraid of the genuine truth , keelings epitomise all that's wrong with capitalism/globalism . I really thought this horrible pandemic would open people's eyes
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

And will Paddy pay top dollar for his fruit, veg and other food in the supermarket?
And will he pay for a better public health service and public nursing homes?
Asking for a friend.....

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: five points on April 17, 2020, 12:33:22 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 17, 2020, 12:18:48 PM

We haven't a Covid problem. We have a dirty hospitals and nursing homes problem.

Would tend to agree with this.

LeoMc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 17, 2020, 11:56:11 AM

Whys it shocking?

Hmmm, I was under the impression they had to do 14 days like our Doctors and Nurses coming home from Oz for example?

There just seems to be a pick and choose approach to certain things.

Maybe they are doing the 14 days. I don't know the ins and outs but if this is true, they are here to pick the fruit, one suspects they'll be straight to it.
Do Keelings provide accommodation? I would say they will be locked up there for 2 weeks with the accommodation coming out of their wages.

LeoMc

Quote from: larryin89 on April 17, 2020, 12:59:16 PM
"The bigger problem is - there is no viable alternative. They either let the crop rot and with a lack of food on the shelves people get very antsy very quickly or they bring in labour."

Or they pay a decent living wage for Dublin that wouldn't even put a significant dent in their massive profits but hey ho no , they're a fg company in bed with senior fg figures . Why are people afraid of the genuine truth , keelings epitomise all that's wrong with capitalism/globalism . I really thought this horrible pandemic would open people's eyes
What hourly rate do you and your 100 men need?

Rossfan

I'd suspect those lads will be hired by a Bulgarian contractor getting paid in Bulgaria?

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: LeoMc on April 17, 2020, 01:38:33 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on April 17, 2020, 12:59:16 PM

What hourly rate do you and your 100 men need?

18 euro sounds fair?