An Fear Rua !!

Started by Long time dead, June 05, 2007, 07:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Leave it!!

anyways thats a Trade Mark your thinking of.

Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

An Fear Rua

better ask the resident expert
Its Grim up North

Square Ball

And pray tell, who is that?

There is a Squareball.com, but i was here first, but they own the rights to it all as its a registered trademark
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

I's be rightly fecked if I added an 's'.

Those skating on thin ice:

alan partridge
Amhran na bhFiann
Arthur Guinness
barneyrock

....ah feck it - there are 41 pages of this stuff...
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I wonder can a place trademark it's name then???????   ???
Tbc....

Bud Wiser

Ok, An Fear Rua says leave it, lets move on and so An Fear Rua, a shake of the hand and back to the game. Shur we will probably have another row over something else sometime!

Just want to tell ye this story though. Back in 1999 I switched mobile phone companies and this bird started ringing the number asking would myself and a friend go to the Mont Clare hotel in Dublin for a "marketing evaluations evening".  Every bloody week without fail and no was not an accepted answer.  One day I was at a loose end and she rang and myself and a friend said we would go in.  The rules were that on this particular evening we were not supposed to be involved in telecomunications because that was the topic that evening.  I was involved in street payphones but told her I was a bus driver, mate did same.

At that time Telecom Eireann were changing their name and logo to Eircom. This guy is sitting at a table with directional mikes and we are all around him and he is giving it full throttle about the new look phone bills, the colour scheme on the vans and basicly the two things that he wanted us all to say were lovely, Eircom and the logo.  In the middle of him asking everyone did they like the logo and did we think the public would like it I swiped one of the telephone bills with it on it.

Next morning I checked in the Trademark registration office and they had not registered it so I copied it and registered it.  Then I toddled along to the companies registration office and registered a company, PAYCOM. Then I put a phone outside the Intrernational Bar in Wicklow Street with "Paycom" in their exact same font (same number of letters ending in 'com) and their lovely orange logo, and waited. Then all hell broke loose. They had paid £1.3Million for the design and incorporation of all that went with it and instead of registering it for all of €68 in Molesworth street first they disclosed it at the meeting.   I never traded the company, see www.cro.ie, and after I put them through a few weeks of pure hell I gave them back their logo - after I got promise of service to operate my own company with their full co-operation at all times.  :)

And me accusing poor ould An Fear Rua of breaching copright !!

BTW yer woman never rang me again!

stew

Bud thats brilliant!!!!! :D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Bud Wiser

The Phoenix Magazine did a story on it at the time. I went down one morning and it was better than a moving statue there were that many photographers around the payphone pedestal. Some of the big noises even flew over from Sweden or Denmark and there was great pounding of tables on St. Stephens Green.   Gobshites!  I should have held on to

stephenite

Fantastic Bud, absolutley brilliant, I would've sold it back to the f**kers but it was probably in your interests at the time to keep them sweet.

Having done a bit of work for them at the time I can believe they were that dumb

Donagh

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 05, 2007, 08:25:14 PM
As a matter of interest, where  did laoisgaa go to since there is no bite with that bait?

The Irish News

resdubwhite

As for LaoisGAA. its like the candyman. Call him three times and he'll come. Shush.

thebandit

Quote from: Square Ball on June 05, 2007, 09:19:47 PM
Am i fecked then?

Sure nobody is sure what a square bal is/isn't these days!

Liam Cahill

Note that I registered the Business Name 'An Fear Rua' on 6th March 2000, under the Registration of Business Names Act 1963.

The Certificate of Registration is No. 176980 and is signed by the Registrar of Business Names on 6th March 2000.

Liam Cahill