NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Was that really a red card ??

tyrone08

Jesus that is the softest red I have ever seen

Harold Disgracey

I don't think that warranted a red card.

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 28, 2024, 04:46:50 PMWas that really a red card ??
Very debatable call, lineman seemed to convince the ref. Tyrone two in front 42 mins played.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

Wee bit clumsy but I thought yellow at a stretch. No real malice in it.

clarshack

Tyrone being refereed differently again. I'm shocked.

Estimator

Was a yellow card challenge.. couldn't have got a red just for that.. did the linesman see a couple of boxes thrown in the aftermath?? Very strange decision
Ulster League Champions 2009

tyrone08

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 28, 2024, 04:48:45 PMWee bit clumsy but I thought yellow at a stretch. No real malice in it.
Literally thought a yellow would be flashed and that's it. Can't even think what rule was broken which warrant a red

square_ball

Quote from: Estimator on January 28, 2024, 04:49:46 PMWas a yellow card challenge.. couldn't have got a red just for that.. did the linesman see a couple of boxes thrown in the aftermath?? Very strange decision

Only thing I can think of. Couldn't have been for the challenge.

galwayman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 28, 2024, 03:52:55 PMNow in mitigation Galway are down a lot of good players at the moment and given the teams selected I expected Mayo to win that game. However I have absolutely zero idea what the Galway management were trying to achieve there today.

Comer out before the game so they replace him with Niall Daly, a midfielder, and tell him to play up front. Through no fault of his own he doesn't play well up there so they sub him off again after 20 minutes. They have another midfielder, Cein Darcy, playing at wing forward marking one of the fastest wing-backs in the country in McLaughlin. To nobody's surprise he can't run with him but they leave him there anyway. Dylan McHugh a natural half back is playing in midfield and Sean Mulkerrin is playing at wing-back where I don't think I've ever seen him play. Cathal Sweeney a wing-back continues to be picked at corner-forward. Tierney came off the bench despite not being fully fit either and barely touched the ball. They just looked a disorganised mess. And I don't think they'll be getting any of the injured players back soon bar maybe Comer.

About the only bright spots is that the young lads O'Conghaile and O'Curraoin look like they are well able to kick scores when they get some service.  But they probably won't be picked anyway as they'll want someone who can run around the the half back line instead.
Yeah I couldn't believe it when I saw Daly in at 14. Why? Because he's tall?
Just a plain daft decision.
Cein D'arcy has had loads of chances. His problem is he doesn't have the athleticism for the middle third at this level. He'll get run into the ground. That was clear the last time he was in the panel.
It's very early days and we have players to come back but it doesn't bode well for the summer

tyrone08

Ref letting alot of fouls on tyrone go

Blowitupref

Tyrone three in front in 20 mins to play.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Main Street

If a late shoulder to shoulder warranted a black card in this game then  that late collision is a red card.

I'd say the officials thought it to be reckless and dangerous more than clumsy

tyrone08

Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2024, 04:57:55 PMIf a late shoulder to shoulder warranted a black card in this game then  that late collision is a red card.

I'd say the officials thought it to be reckless and dangerous more than clumsy

But a late shoulder/ off the ball challenge is literally a black card.

imtommygunn

The ball wasn't there for the shoulder from the Roscommon man. It was there for kilpatrick's.

I thought there must have been some afters.