The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: maddog on February 02, 2024, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 02, 2024, 11:04:38 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2024, 10:34:31 AMHow many thousand turned up at the Binlid/Angry Jim shindig?

Shinners obviously want to get the feet under the Executive table so are keeping mum.

It seems Moygashel and Markethill are their go to places, not Donaghadee, not East Belfast, not Larne.
I find that quite strange.

Its the pitchfork brigade. East Belfast wouldn't know what a pitchfork was for.

A Machete or a bull hook, well that's a different story.  ;D

Harold Disgracey

I don't know if this is a new thing or not, I certainly don't recall hearing it before but BBC news earlier was talking about the pro-British Democratic Unionist Party. Anyone else notice this.

Armagh18

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 02, 2024, 12:15:32 PMI don't know if this is a new thing or not, I certainly don't recall hearing it before but BBC news earlier was talking about the pro-British Democratic Unionist Party. Anyone else notice this.
Is there an anti British one?

seafoid

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 01, 2024, 08:42:14 PMSinn Fein - Economy, Education, Communities
DUP - Finance, Health
Alliance - Justice, Agriculture

Not sure who is left for Infrastructure
GRMA

Eire90

a call has been put put to set up road blocks to block the mlas going into stormont tommorow

AustinPowers

Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2024, 10:34:31 AMHow many thousand turned up at the Binlid/Angry Jim shindig?

Shinners obviously want to get the feet under the Executive table so are keeping mum.

50 odd in in Moygashel...

It seems Moygashel and Markethill are their go to places, not Donaghadee, not East Belfast, not Larne.

As for SF, each and every representative interviewed from now on should make it abundantly clear they striving for a UI and fĂșck Unionist sensitivities.

Insecure unionist areas , as they feel  they're  under siege being near all those pesky taigs  in south Armagh and east Tyrone , so they have to be  more bitter and twisted.

AustinPowers

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 02, 2024, 11:19:19 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on February 02, 2024, 11:12:52 AM

50 odd in in Moygashel...

As for SF, each and every representative interviewed from now on should make it abundantly clear they striving for a UI and fĂșck Unionist sensitivities.

Having first hand experience of Moygashel, it's right up the Bryson/Allister street.
Bigots and racists. If you're non-loyalist, if you're non-white, if you're a foreign national....you'll get burned out of moygashel.

In terms of SF - I don't think they need to draw attention to the one sidedness of the agreement between dup and WM. I think now, when they are in the ascendancy with the electorate, the demographics are going in one direction they need to make some good progress for all people in NI before the next election. Then, when election mode is on and from that point on they have the referenceability of governing for all and so the UI can be called for to benefit all.

What ever people think of SF, they have been running rings around the unionist parties for well over a decade in terms of politics.

"Non-white", saw pictures of some Asian lad stood next to big Jim at the meeting he must have gotten lost ;D .Reminds me of that famous Muslim rangers lad who then joined the EDL you couldn't make it up

Maybe he was  waiting on someone paying him for delivering a  Chinese takeaway to the meeting?

Pub Bore

UUP confirm they're going into the Executive.  They'll get the 5th choice of ministry. SDLP will be in opposition.

tbrick18

Quote from: Pub Bore on February 02, 2024, 04:54:56 PMUUP confirm they're going into the Executive.  They'll get the 5th choice of ministry. SDLP will be in opposition.

Couldn't begrudge Swann a run at the health ministry. I genuinely thought he gave it a good go during covid.

Kidder81

Donaldson well fit for Nolan this morning, not often you see a local politician sitting an a show like that for an hour.

Why won't one of the big two take Health ?

RedHand88

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 02, 2024, 06:12:10 PMDonaldson well fit for Nolan this morning, not often you see a local politician sitting an a show like that for an hour.

Because the changes needed to make it sustainable (Bengoa) are not politically ideal. Everyone wants a hospital in their doorstep, which just isn't feasible and closing hospitals or centralising healthcare isn't exactly a vote winner.

Agree on Donaldson, he was excellent and corrected Nolan several times. Also enjoyed his takedown of Brysons commissioned "legal opinion". Its basically comprised of carefully crafted  questions to give the impression it backs up their point of view.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 02, 2024, 06:12:10 PMDonaldson well fit for Nolan this morning, not often you see a local politician sitting an a show like that for an hour.

You simply can't win with Health due to the structural problems. It is probably at the stage where it can't be fixed.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 02, 2024, 08:34:01 PM

You simply can't win with Health due to the structural problems. It is probably at the stage where it can't be fixed.

The 26 county regime have thrown lots of money at health, and still the likes of Limerick hospital is a danger to health. Whoever is in Stormont will have to fix it without much money to add and if anyone can do that then they will raise my opinion of NI politicians.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sportacus

Jeffrey has got away with it so far, but there is no question the Irish Sea border remains.
Everyone's a winner I suppose.

Captain Scarlet

Excuse my understanding here but how does Bryson get so much access. Like he strolls around political events flanked by people who were actually voted in.
Like how can a blogger get into Stormont, etc?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.