USHC Derry v Down

Started by Blacksheep, May 18, 2007, 08:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacksheep

Derry team named for Sunday.

Derry: J McEldowney, S McCullagh, M Conway, R McCloskey, P O'Kane, L Hinphey, C Brunton, K Hinphey, R Convery, O McCloskey, C Quinn, R Kennedy, S McBride, D McSorley, SL McGoldrick.
Subs: D McDermott, G O'Kane, P McCloskey, B Dodds, S Henry, S Bradley, C McQuillan, M Craig, N Bradley, G Kelly, M Kirkpatrick, S Dodds, E McGuigan, P McGlade. 

Looks like full strenght but after the performance last week against Armagh there'll not be many travelling down to casement full of optimisim. Any word of the Down team?
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Aristotle Flynn

There'll not be much interest in this in Down with the footballers playing the same day. Pity. I wonder did they consider a double header?
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

johnneycool

Down team to be named tonight. All cloak and dagger at the minute.

lynchbhoy

Think the Derry side are a bit light/inexperienced in the forwards
I'd move convery into CHF and Peter O'Kane beck into MF.

leamtaighabu

not exactly impressed with this team...ok..defence & midfield is good enough but the forwards are very poor with no score takers or makers amongst them...Down will hardly be shaking in their boots at that forward line.. ???

Bacon

Down: Graham Clarke; L Clarke, S Murray (c), F Conway; M Ennis, A Dynes, Gabriel Clarke; A Savage, B McGourty; C Coulter, G Johnston, E Trainor; E Clarke, G Savage, A Bell.

It will be interesting to see how Gazza performs. He always gives 100% but I didn't think he was effective at no 14 for Ballycran in the County final. No place for Courtney from Newry? He's been excellent this year so far. Overall it as good as we can get now adays. Good luck to the lads this afternoon.

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Lecale2

No idea why Courtney isn't starting. If he's fit I would have expected him to line out in the starting 15. Heading over to Casement now & hoping to get to Newry as well. They don't make it easy for us with the fixtures!

Baile an tuaigh

Ended it all square. Derry 0-16 Down 1-13. Repley next week. Armagh will be kicking themselves.

Lecale2

Very poor game. The chances Down missed were unbelievable. On the plus side G Johnton was outstanding and Courtney was excellent when he came on early in 2nd half. Otherwise a very poor game of hurling.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 20, 2007, 07:18:19 PM
Very poor game. The chances Down missed were unbelievable. On the plus side G Johnton was outstanding and Courtney was excellent when he came on early in 2nd half. Otherwise a very poor game of hurling.

Antrim have been playing very poor this year as well. I'm sure the winners will some what fancy there chances.

Guillem2

I saw the second half of the game. Thank God I didn't have to pay in. It was dreadful. The misses from from open play and frees were unbelievable. The Antrim management will ne laughing themselves to sleep tonight. The pick of those two teams won't trouble Antrim - be honest you all know that! Down simply don't have the hurlers any more and ther MOM was McGrourty - an Antrim man.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Syd

Quote from: Guillem2 on May 20, 2007, 07:54:40 PM
Down simply don't have the hurlers any more

And Antrim do? We cant ake anything for granted with the way things are going. A pub team (London) scored 3 goals against us.

lynchbhoy

not a bad result for a youthful Derry side.

If we can keep this going, and maybe take a few of the boys back from the football squad, then an ulster crown might not be that far away (all it takes is Antrim and/orDown to also not hit form on the day - which is usual it seems in Ulster hurling)

Will Hunting

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 21, 2007, 09:55:32 AM
and maybe take a few of the boys back from the football squad

You watch it Lynchbhoy!! :o

johnneycool

Wasn't at the game but Courtney didn't start the game as he's been studying for his finals exams the last few weeks and his last exam was on saturday morning. He's expected to start on saturday. Paddy Hughes was also missing due to exams.