Time for U2 to shuffle off before the corpse smells?

Started by Shamrock Shore, March 10, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 13, 2017, 08:25:39 PM
Jaysus fair play to that Bono. He hasn't changed a bit in the 30 years since The Joshua Tree was released.The man hadn't a grey hair in his head.

Neither had the Edge!   ;)

naka

Watched the Vancouver concert last night on YouTube
It's like a tribute act in concert
Bono of course spouting the usual shite about poverty etc although I have yet to hear him donate his fortune.

quit yo jibbajabba

Really hope someone goes to one of the gigs with a S F tshirt on again so he can make a wab of himself again  ;D

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: naka on May 14, 2017, 11:39:15 AM
Bono of course spouting the usual shite about poverty etc although I have yet to hear him donate his fortune.
Mind you he could give the poor plenty of advice on tax avoidance
Careful now

BennyCake

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 14, 2017, 11:08:06 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 13, 2017, 08:25:39 PM
Jaysus fair play to that Bono. He hasn't changed a bit in the 30 years since The Joshua Tree was released.The man hadn't a grey hair in his head.

Neither had the Edge!   ;)

Actually, The Edge has the edge. He's youngest, so less chance of grey hairs.

BennyCake

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 14, 2017, 01:56:10 PM
Quote from: naka on May 14, 2017, 11:39:15 AM
Mind you he could give the poor plenty of advice on tax avoidance

That'd be more useful than his Making Poverty History crap.

Main Street

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 14, 2017, 01:32:38 PM
Really hope someone goes to one of the gigs with a S F tshirt on again so he can make a wab of himself again  ;D
I wondered what you were on about, somehow I had missed this one. It's hall of infamy stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzRWYRyzX7I

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on May 14, 2017, 02:24:16 PM
I wondered what you were on about, somehow I had missed this one. It's hall of infamy stuff.

What a tool. He obviously watched too much of Paisley and the Unionist politicans over the years, with their SF/IRA crap.

He'd know a load about the North, coming from his priviledged Dublin Upbringing.

quit yo jibbajabba

Beautiful ;D

Puckoon

Opened with A rainy night in Soho in Vancouver this week, last night Eddie Vedder sang with them in Seattle - hoping for a great night in Levis Stadium on Wednesday! Mumford and Sons set list and the U2 set lists so far look awesome.

michaelg

Quote from: BennyCake on May 14, 2017, 02:51:00 PM

What a tool. He obviously watched too much of Paisley and the Unionist politicans over the years, with their SF/IRA crap.

He'd know a load about the North, coming from his priviledged Dublin Upbringing.

No fan of Paisley, but you cannot deny the, erm, close links - You must have been in a cave during all of the discussion following Martin McGuinesses's recent passing. 

Presumably this video was shot around the time of the Enniskillen bomb, so  fair play to him  for calling the guy out.  Given the guy being challenged was in all likelihood from San Francisco, he'll have known even less about "the North" than old Bono.   

BennyCake

Had he been a Sinn Fein supporter, don't necessarily mean he supported the IRA's agenda. Does everyone who votes SF, support the IRA? Of course not.

Anyway, Bonzo is a musician (apparently). He should just sing his songs and then shut the fcuk up.

Gmac

Saw somewhere he banned the Donald from attending any shows , ah well maybe il get to see barrack on Wednesday .

michaelg

Quote from: BennyCake on May 15, 2017, 06:32:33 PM
Had he been a Sinn Fein supporter, don't necessarily mean he supported the IRA's agenda. Does everyone who votes SF, support the IRA? Of course not.

Anyway, Bonzo is a musician (apparently). He should just sing his songs and then shut the fcuk up.

Perhaps not now, but I would imagine during the mid 80s when their vote was considerably lower than what it is now, a very significcent number of Sinn Fein voters would have supported the IRA's agenda.  The ballotbox in one hand and armalite in the other was hardly a secret.

Eamonnca1

Can we re-name this thread "Begrudgers R US?"