Black Friday

Started by Hereiam, November 28, 2014, 12:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Where did this latest craze come from?
Just watched a video taken up at Craigavon Tesco store today and its crazy the amount of people there and fighting over stuff they don't need. The world is going clean mad.

BenDover

my sentiments exactly, hoards of people fighting over goods they don't really need. A Chromecast from currys for £20 without the hassle of queuing up, i'll take that!

J70

They have Black Friday in Ireland now? WTF??

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hereiam on November 28, 2014, 12:05:51 PM
Where did this latest craze come from?
Just watched a video taken up at Craigavon Tesco store today and its crazy the amount of people there and fighting over stuff they don't need. The world is going clean mad.

America. It's a traditional shopping day in the states (the day after Thanksgiving). It's like our old 8th of December. It's when the Christmas Rush starts.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: J70 on November 28, 2014, 01:35:02 PM
They have Black Friday in Ireland now? WTF??
We've had it online now in places like amazon and the big online retailers for a few years, and now the supermarkets like asda and tesco have jumped on the band wagon as well.
Ive heard about some crazy scenes, people fighting over goods in asda and stuff.
never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GJL

Are there actually bargains to be had or is it just stores getting rid of old stock to stupid people?

bailestil

Quote from: GJL on November 28, 2014, 01:46:59 PM
Are there actually bargains to be had or is it just stores getting rid of old stock to stupid people?

No and Yes.

blewuporstuffed

There are some, but genrally they will only have a few of each item in every store, so unless youa re camped out waiting to get in first you have no chance of getting the really good deals advertised.
I seen a store in belfast had 50" panasonice tvs for £249, but only had 3  of them instore, its not that far out of the way on my way to work so i called past, at about 8.30, and there was a que of 12-15 people already outside and the store didnt open to 9.30.
Needless to say i didnt wait about!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bailestil on November 28, 2014, 01:50:13 PM
Quote from: GJL on November 28, 2014, 01:46:59 PM

No and Yes.
A fella on the news this morning said he queued 6 hours to save 70 quid on a tv  :-[

Under Lights

A couple of years ago a friend of mine told me about how much he saved when he gave up smoking. I thought that sounds great so I took up smoking so I could give it up and save too.

RealSpiritof98

Crazy shit, i make an appearance in one of the Craigavon videos trying to do a days work.  ::)

Applesisapples

The Craigies never let you down.

screenexile

Crazy stuff people are very stupid!! This shit didn't exist 3 years ago why are people taking it so seriously now??

Applesisapples

Quote from: screenexile on November 28, 2014, 03:07:48 PM
Crazy stuff people are very stupid!! This shit didn't exist 3 years ago why are people taking it so seriously now??
Marketing ploy from America started by Asda/Amazon to boost sales and kickstart Christmas.

muppet

Quote from: screenexile on November 28, 2014, 03:07:48 PM

Ah come on, 3 years ago is soooooo last year.
MWWSI 2017