The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Quote from: front of the mountain on September 11, 2014, 10:08:51 AM
Hi just looking some thoughts/advice of people regarding the jabs/vaccines for wee ones. (I believe they with 20+ vaccines within a year & a half)

I have wee boy 8 weeks old and got the letter from doctor to take him for his first jabs next week. I am fairly hesitant for some reason, after doing a bit of research and I am just wondering are they all necessary?? End of the day you are pumping your little one with possibly unnecessary viruses as well as "God knows" what else.

Has any on here chosen not to vaccinate?

I would advise you to get the jabs. You would never live with yourself if he did get a serious virus.
People have need to look back in time when there was I high death rate in infants from simple diseases that these jabs have now taken care of. Don't mess about with this.

bailestil

Agree with Herejam,

We've just recently got our one the first set of jabs, i've no issue at all with them.

Often people's views on this stuff is warped by Daily Mail and Co.'s ridiculous coverage.

Have a read over the article below.

http://www.badscience.net/2008/08/the-medias-mmr-hoax/

the book itself, Bad Science is also worth a read.

glens abu

Quote from: Hereiam on September 11, 2014, 09:46:39 AM
You don't need to show id if your flying from Belfast to England. All you need is your boarding pass.

You need ID the last time I went

DickyRock

I took the last lad for the jabs, new one is 6 weeks and he'll be getting them too.

Not worth the risk in my opinion. Wife and I know someone who didn't get their wee girl vaccinated, and thought it was madness because if she becomes pregnant in later life the risk of measles on an unborn child would be massive.

BTW from memory the original doctor that publishes concerns had been struck off. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8700611.stmhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8700611.stmhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8700611.stm

CD

Always get the jabs. The nonsense about them been linked to various chilhood conditions was comprehensively proven to be untrue. I heard a Dr from Cork recently lamenting the fact that many parents decided not to get their children vaccinated 10+ years ago and stating that he is anticipating issues when these kids get ill during future pregnancies and infect unborn babies with measles etc. Scary prospect.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Hereiam

Quote from: glens abu on September 11, 2014, 05:40:08 PM
You don't need to show id if your flying from Belfast to England. All you need is your boarding pass.

glen I have back and fourth all year and I can tell you id is not needed with easyjet

BennyHarp

Quote from: Hereiam on September 11, 2014, 08:29:04 PM
Quote from: glens abu on September 11, 2014, 05:40:08 PM

glen I have back and fourth all year and I can tell you id is not needed with easyjet

Thanks for the info - so you reckon I don't need to bother about trying to sort a passport or ID for him then?
That was never a square ball!!

Hereiam

DickyRock

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 11, 2014, 08:29:22 AM
I'm taking the wee fella on a plane for the first time next month. Flying from Manchester to Belfast and back. I've tried to contact Easyjet about this but cant seem to get through or get a replay to emails, but does anyone know what sort of ID I would need for him? He is one and a half and im not sure if he needs a passport to travel that route or the birth certificate may be ok as it was for going on the boat. Anyone got any advice?

http://www.easyjet.com/en/infants-and-children

Infants and Children - Special ID Requirements
11.1 Special ID requirements – UK, Spain and France

Children under the age of 16 travelling on UK, French and Spanish domestic flights are not required to provide identification if accompanied by an adult.

However, this appears elsewhere:

http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/passportinfo

Infants and children

Special ID requirements

Children under 16 years of age travelling on UK, Italian, Spanish, or French domestic flights can travel without photo identification provided that they are included on a parent's valid UK passport and they are travelling with that parent. Note that UK adult passports with children included will be approaching expiry this year. Check the entry requirements of countries before travelling.
MWWSI 2017

Under Lights

Wee doll has hand, foot and month. Couldn't settle to sleep last night and has come out in blisters 'Soar Daddy'.
No sleep was had in our house at all last night. Forgot to update my facebook status to tell everyone that. Lasts a few days apparently. Been going around. She picked it up from two other cubs that the wife's mother looks after. No treatment just usual capol and make sure hydrated.

Hereiam

Our wee man just has got over it. Bad hoor of a virus. It will take a week to get rid of it.
When our first was born I actually got the dam thing, don't know where from but the blisters were nothing compared to the little fella's

Under Lights

Our wee woman a very independant girl. She's 20 months but is very much 'me do it' on feeding, putting on shoes etc whenever she is poorly like this she's very needy though- as most of us are when we aren't at ourselves *soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur* she screeches when you leave the room- teething time was the same- hoping we get a spell of sleep tonight. I find after little to no sleep I'm snacking loads of sugary stuff- obviously for energy to keep me going. The pounds are going on. Wintered.

muppet

Quote from: Under Lights on November 03, 2014, 08:42:48 PM
Our wee woman a very independant girl. She's 20 months but is very much 'me do it' on feeding, putting on shoes etc whenever she is poorly like this she's very needy though- as most of us are when we aren't at ourselves *soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur* she screeches when you leave the room- teething time was the same- hoping we get a spell of sleep tonight. I find after little to no sleep I'm snacking loads of sugary stuff- obviously for energy to keep me going. The pounds are going on. Wintered.

Does she have an older sibling that she is imitating?
MWWSI 2017

Hereiam

Underlights i hear u. I am the exact same. I have a sweet tooth anyway but this child rearing thing has me at the heaviest i have ever been. Started back to the gym this evenin to try and get it off to hell