bye bye tax disc no more licken the windscreen

Started by lawnseed, December 05, 2013, 09:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: lawnseed on December 05, 2013, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2013, 09:14:42 AM
Maybe some day you'll be able to pay it online like us gombeens in the south...
we can pay on line.. but I wouldn't want to pay like you gombeens 7 or 8 hundred euro for a Nissan micra
pity we dont have the might of an empire behind us too
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

lawnseed

Quote from: rosnarun on December 05, 2013, 11:49:34 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 05, 2013, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2013, 09:14:42 AM
Maybe some day you'll be able to pay it online like us gombeens in the south...
we can pay on line.. but I wouldn't want to pay like you gombeens 7 or 8 hundred euro for a Nissan micra
pity we dont have the might of an empire behind us too
but you do.. the german empire. before the ec started paying for your roads they were a tapestry of potholes the worst in the western world
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on December 05, 2013, 11:45:26 AM
Do I look like a government spokesperson Deis? I was merely making the point that the previous post was calling for the jobs just to go because he could simply pay it online. My point was that there are 200 hundred people/ families that I would rather keep in employment rather than turf them onto the unemployment lines just so I or others could pay online.

Quote from: bailestil on December 05, 2013, 10:50:48 AM
seems we can't pay online as it will cost Coleraine 200 jobs.
To find the Phone Number to pay by debit card you need to do serious digging about.
02870341514 for anyone not wanting to stand in a queue.
Ridiculous that you can't pay online. 

Sure just put words in somebody's mouth there.

NAG1

Quote from: gallsman on December 05, 2013, 12:09:20 PM
Do I look like a government spokesperson Deis? I was merely making the point that the previous post was calling for the jobs just to go because he could simply pay it online. My point was that there are 200 hundred people/ families that I would rather keep in employment rather than turf them onto the unemployment lines just so I or others could pay online.

To find the Phone Number to pay by debit card you need to do serious digging about.

????? simple enough inference to make  ::)

Cold tea

Quote from: NAG1 on December 05, 2013, 10:54:26 AM

Ridiculous keeping 200 families in employment in these times, heaven forbid. To save you two seconds finding the number for the same end result.

We should be fighting to keep every job that is out there at the minute.

If the only reason we can't pay online is to keep 200 otherwise obsolete public servents in employment, in a time when cuts in health and education are on going then that's more ridiculous.

lawnseed

Quote from: Cold tea on December 05, 2013, 01:04:54 PM

Ridiculous keeping 200 families in employment in these times, heaven forbid. To save you two seconds finding the number for the same end result.

If the only reason we can't pay online is to keep 200 otherwise obsolete public servents in employment, in a time when cuts in health and education are on going then that's more ridiculous.
the loss of the two hundred jobs doesn't equal cheaper roadtax it just means 200 families with less income

bailestil

What sort of world do you think we live in?
Should Builders no longer employ diggers. Sure they have taken the work of 10 men and allowed 1 man to do it. Its called progress.

Who do you think is paying for all this? the Money has to come from somewhere!
I'm certain it could be better spent elsewhere.

stalwart

nightmare to phone this number , always engaged

lawnseed

Quote from: stalwart on December 05, 2013, 01:21:47 PM
its not really too well known.. your man in the tax office says they wont let them put operators on the line to handle the calls

Cold tea

Quote from: lawnseed on December 05, 2013, 01:24:34 PM
Quote from: stalwart on December 05, 2013, 01:21:47 PM
its not really too well known.. your man in the tax office says they wont let them put operators on the line to handle the calls

Is that more ring fencing obsolete jobs?

NAG1

Quote from: bailestil on December 05, 2013, 01:15:02 PM

Should Builders no longer employ diggers. Sure they have taken the work of 10 men and allowed 1 man to do it. Its called progress.

This is public money spending going into these jobs, so no i dont think we should be going backwards. But where do you think these families spend their salaries?
Do they buy food in local shops?
Do they use local services?

Or would you rather toss these families onto the Dole and pay for them, their kids and their housing benefits?
For the sake of an online site I would rather see 200 families in employment contributing to an already struggling local economy than on the dole line looking in from the outside.

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on December 05, 2013, 12:23:53 PM

Really?

The comment was that it was ridiculous that such a vital process was not available online in this day and age. That's a world away from "I want to do it online so please get rid of 200 people".

NAG1

Quote from: gallsman on December 05, 2013, 02:07:51 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 05, 2013, 12:23:53 PM

Really?

The comment was that it was ridiculous that such a vital process was not available online in this day and age. That's a world away from "I want to do it online so please get rid of 200 people".

The inference was that one would follow the other or why even mention the jobs.

You read it one way I read it another no big deal

Tubberman

And ban in the internet while you're at it. Then this Online Banking malarky would be dead, and the banks could employ thousands more people to serve the queues at the desks. And ban the mobile phone too and direct connection landlines. That way more telephonists could be employed in the exchanges to connect phone calls. And ban washing machines and dishwashers and vacuum cleaners, that way we can all employ housemaids, or get that lazy wife to earn her keep. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

NAG1

Quote from: Tubberman on December 05, 2013, 02:18:03 PM

And ban in the internet while you're at it. Then this Online Banking malarky would be dead, and the banks could employ thousands more people to serve the queues at the desks. And ban the mobile phone too and direct connection landlines. That way more telephonists could be employed in the exchanges to connect phone calls. And ban washing machines and dishwashers and vacuum cleaners, that way we can all employ housemaids, or get that lazy wife to earn her keep.

Taking it a bit far Tubber but i get your point.

My point is as stated before these are jobs already in place, government jobs which we are paying for one way or the other through taxes. My view is I would rather see them employed and contributing to the local economy than on the dole and becoming a drain on society. To me that is just economics, not on for going backwards just that I would like to see more people employed in our locality, buying goods and services from other local business employing more local people to do so, than having burnt our shells of sprawling estates with no hopers and dole jockeys.

But maybe I am an idealist