Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: red hander on October 29, 2019, 02:44:18 PM
Would love to see the loyalist gunrunning terrorist's bike of a daughter out on her ear, that would be nice.

The problem is that you potentially have the likes of Hanna, Bradshaw, Bailey O'Muilleoir all lining up. If they all enter the field, then Little will probably get in again. I haven't voted in years but, if they get an agreed candidate out of that lot, I would vote for anyone, just to get thon bitter twisted bitch out on her arse & picking up the dole.

Harold Disgracey

Upper Bann could be interesting, if Doug Beattie can make inroads into Dodgy Davy Simpson there is a slight possibility John O'Dowd could take it especially if the stoops didn't run.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: marty34 on October 29, 2019, 02:35:37 PM
Quote from: Ambrose on October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM
Like a dog returning to its own vomit, voters in the North look set to go to the polls for a third time this year.

As things currently stand the DUP hold 10 seats, SF 7 and Independent Unionist 1.

What changes, if any, can we expect to see after yet another election. Will the SDLP step aside in north Belfast and give Finucane a clear run? Can the current loyalist weapons dump withstand the tidal wave of support for Naomi Long in south Belfast. What other changes are possible throughout the six counties between now and Election Day?

When is the RHI report out?

In the time honoured "Yes, Minister" way, will it now be well after the election's over?

marty34

Quote from: Caitlin on October 29, 2019, 06:02:28 PM
The way I see it;

SDLP will run candidates in all constituencies but not put much effort in to the seats currently held by SF, North Belfast, East Belfast or the clear cut DUP seats.
SF will run in all constituencies.
UUP will run in all seats but more effort in where they have a chance- South Antrim and Upper Bann.
DUP will run in all constituencies.
Alliance and the Greens may do some trading to allow Alliance free run in East Belfast - and possibly allow Danny Kinahan and Sylvia Hermon free runs in South Antrim and North Down.

The greatest chance of a change to current position is in;
South Belfast- Claire Hanna is an excellent candidate for SDLP and if SF have any sense they will run a light campaign- the only challenge to this will be O'Muilleor's ego, which is considerable.
North Belfast-John Finucane is also an excellent candidate but won't take his seat so may not attract so much support across the board
Foyle- Colum Eastwood must be in with a chance
East Belfast- Naomi Long is an excellent candidate and has a strong chance
South Antrim- Danny Kinahan has a strong chance
North Down - Sylvia Hermon is an excellent candidate but will be under pressure
South Down- Chris Hazard will be too strong for whoever SDLP put up- pity SF don't take their seats.

In an ideal world-
DUP lose 4 seats cutting their representation to 6
SF retain all seats bar Foyle , pick up N Belfast and take their seats- total of 7 allows them to claim they're the biggest party.
SDLP claim back Foyle and South Belfast - total of 2
UUP claim back South Antrim- 1
Alliance pick up East Belfast- 1
Sylvia holds North Down- 1

Belfast has no unionist MPs
Boris has no majority
Labour do well enough but gets rid of Corbyn and elect a decent leader who understands Ireland- Conor McGinn would be good!
Lib Dems do well
Brexit party disappears
UK parliament votes to have a second referendum which ends up 70% for remain

I can but dream
[/quote

Could this not be turned into a Ref. on Brexit if the SDLP, Alliance, SF and Greens get their act together or is there too many egoes in the room?

screenexile

It's doing my nut in already some Tory **** on talking about their message of "getting Brexit done, an extra 20,000 policemen and more funding for the NHS and Education"

As if it wasn't the Tories austerity that culled the police numbers and defunded the NHS and education  in the first place... also they've had a majority for 3 years and couldn't deliver Brexit how is it possible these horrible bastards are going to be returned with a majority??!!

We get destroyed for saying people who voted for Brexit are stupid well they're not exactly helping their case!!

I think Boris will get in too!!  :'(

Armagh18

Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2019, 08:28:01 PM
It's doing my nut in already some Tory **** on talking about their message of "getting Brexit done, an extra 20,000 policemen and more funding for the NHS and Education"

As if it wasn't the Tories austerity that culled the police numbers and defunded the NHS and education  in the first place... also they've had a majority for 3 years and couldn't deliver Brexit how is it possible these horrible b**tards are going to be returned with a majority??!!

We get destroyed for saying people who voted for Brexit are stupid well they're not exactly helping their case!!

I think Boris will get in too!!  :'(
Seen a post today that the 20,000 extra police won't even cover those that will retire. The Tories are absolute vile and how anyone could vote for them is beyond me, but similar to the DUP here they'll throw out the usual crap about the other side and idiots will still vote for them, even though they are a pack of self serving fools who couldn't give a toss about the average Joe Bloggs. 

BennyCake

More voting cards to light the fire with.

uimhr ocht

Need RHI report published in November and plenty of DUP brexit party,right wing ERG loving comments,they would loved a hardest of hard borders in Ireland if they have got away with it,pengelly,dodds,robinson,could be ousted if managed properly.

balladmaker

If SF and SDLP don't get a pact going, feck the lot of them, I won't be voting ... and I've been voting SF for ever and a day .... but not anymore unless they and the SDLP get their act together and ensure some of the DUP/UDA lose their seats.

marty34

Quote from: uimhr ocht on October 29, 2019, 09:08:34 PM
Need RHI report published in November and plenty of DUP brexit party,right wing ERG loving comments,they would loved a hardest of hard borders in Ireland if they have got away with it,pengelly,dodds,robinson,could be ousted if managed properly.

Most important thing is that nationalists come out and vote - I get a sense already that unionists have/are getting people on the register and I think that every election from here on in will mean that unionists  will be voting in huge numbers I think.

Pro EU parties need to sort their act out over next week and give people an option: a Pro EU candidate or the DUP.

Simple as that.

Rossfan

2 of the previous 3 Nationalist posters not voting.
That'll only help DUPUDA  >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: marty34 on October 29, 2019, 09:22:07 PM

Most important thing is that nationalists come out and vote - I get a sense already that unionists have/are getting people on the register and I think that every election from here on in will mean that unionists  will be voting in huge numbers I think.

Pro EU parties need to sort their act out over next week and give people an option: a Pro EU candidate or the DUP.

Simple as that.

Back to sectarian voting again to get SF in. Are people expected to forget about their pro-abortion and pro-SSM stance, as long as it means themmuns don't get in?

No thank you. SF can go f**k themselves.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: BennyCake on October 29, 2019, 10:28:56 PM

Simple as that.

Back to sectarian voting again to get SF in. Are people expected to forget about their pro-abortion and pro-SSM stance, as long as it means themmuns don't get in?

A united Ireland means abortion and SSM
What's the big issue with those

They only affect you if you're pregnant or gay

BennyCake

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 29, 2019, 10:49:04 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 29, 2019, 10:28:56 PM

Simple as that.

A united Ireland means abortion and SSM
What's the big issue with those

They only affect you if you're pregnant or gay

No it doesn't. They've been brought in, and there's still no sign of a United Ireland.