TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Did you start at the bottom?

Cunny Funt

Some interesting twists at the end of Westworld season 2 and that includes an extra scene at the end of the credits.

bennydorano

Watched Get Shorty the Sky Atlantic TV version starring Chris O'Dowd, real grower, after initial scepticism I thought it was excellent, bit darker than the movie. 10 episodes.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 26, 2018, 10:37:45 PM
watching The Staircase myself

Found it a bit 'meh'

Kept waiting for it to get good and it didn't
Hasta la victoria siempre

JimStynes

I thought that Tupac and Biggie Unsolved show on Netflix was decent enough.

themac_23

Quote from: JimStynes on June 28, 2018, 08:54:07 AM
I thought that Tupac and Biggie Unsolved show on Netflix was decent enough.

Was just about to write about it, i found it pretty good, unlike any other films/ documentaries etc that looked at the cases, they were very rushed. This although quite a bit of creative licence used, told the story pretty well and it was good to get an insight into the fact that some within LAPD thought there was collusion with LAPD and Shug Knight, took its time and switched between the stories of the investigation then, investigation 2008 and the actual tupac and biggie story. Really good watch

screenexile

Sacha Baron Cohen's latest incarnation seems to be ruffling a few feathers!!!

He'd gone off the boil for a few years after Borat but from what I've seen he's gone back to the Ali G type piss taking of serious people but this time he's gone after the gun lobby and racism. Fair play!!

Hardy

Quote from: screenexile on July 16, 2018, 09:51:13 AM
Sacha Baron Cohen's latest incarnation seems to be ruffling a few feathers!!!

He'd gone off the boil for a few years after Borat but from what I've seen he's gone back to the Ali G type piss taking of serious people but this time he's gone after the gun lobby and racism. Fair play!!

https://youtu.be/QkXeMoBPSDk
Brilliant and chilling but, according to reviews, the rest of it is not so good.

Tony Baloney

I'm a bit behind the times on my viewing but The Sinner was good, I gave up on Westworld and finally completed Mindhunter which was also pretty good.

Sharp Objects with Amy Adams has the same sort of vibe as True Detective (S1) and hopefully ends up being as good as the promise of episode 1.

laoislad

Wife roped me into watching Good Girls. It's actually not bad. Worth watching for Christina Hendricks if nothing else....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mrdeeds

Money Heist is a good watch.

Boycey

Didn't realise there was a 4th series of The Affair til I stumbled across it last night. I'm not sure why I've persevered with it but I have..

screenexile

Quote from: Boycey on July 16, 2018, 04:40:48 PM
Didn't realise there was a 4th series of The Affair til I stumbled across it last night. I'm not sure why I've persevered with it but I have..

I bailed after a season and a half . . . I feel it was one of my better life choices.

Why I persist in watching every season of the Ranch on Netflix I'm sure I'll never know!!

Main Street

I'm watching Seven Seconds, a 10 part drama about a US cop who ran over a young black kid and the subsequent cover up. At first I didn't take to it,  but I plugged away and after a few episodes I began to like it for the same reasons that other people didn't like it. It's slow, "a slog" said the Guardian, characters are not particularly likable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2018, 09:21:28 PM
I'm watching Seven Seconds, a 10 part drama about a US cop who ran over a young black kid and the subsequent cover up. At first I didn't take to it,  but I plugged away and after a few episodes I began to like it for the same reasons that other people didn't like it. It's slow, "a slog" said the Guardian, characters are not particularly likable.

Thought it was a great show tbh
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea