snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2020, 01:56:34 PM
Joe Swail!!

Snookers mr nice guy, had a couple of semi final losses i think over the years

Big fan of Joe. I remember he beat Dungannon's Paddy Wallace in the quarters in 2001 then Ronnie beat him handy enough in the semi final. Joe always was just outside the real elite level of the game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on August 07, 2020, 02:56:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2020, 01:56:34 PM
Joe Swail!!

Snookers mr nice guy, had a couple of semi final losses i think over the years

Big fan of Joe. I remember he beat Dungannon's Paddy Wallace in the quarters in 2001 then Ronnie beat him handy enough in the semi final. Joe always was just outside the real elite level of the game.

He needed that killer streak
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Out of interest, what's your highest break?

I got a 40 once. Missed a black to make it 47.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on August 07, 2020, 04:21:04 PM

53, and was all over the shop doing it....

Cleared up the one we got as kids lol!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Haven't a clue, those boys on TV make it look so easy. If I were to pott three in a row I'd be panicking.
Joe had a good run right enough. Everyone thought his semi final appearance was a bit of a fluke and then he did it again a year or two later

square_ball

I managed a 38 break a few years back somehow. The cue ball was certainly not under control for the majority of it. Anyone played much 9 ball pool? Was playing a right bit before lockdown but it's a great game. And the big pockets certainly helps!

SHEEDY

Selby through 13-12 in a tight epic battle against noppon saengkham
nil satis nisi optimum

An Watcher

Great match, Selby far from his best but that young Thai boy was good.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2020, 04:38:14 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 07, 2020, 04:21:04 PM

53, and was all over the shop doing it....

Cleared up the one we got as kids lol!!

I coldn't cope on the full size snooker table at all. The cues are long and skinny and I was happy enough to hit the reds at all let alone pot a ball. I am quite handy on the small pool tables though.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SHEEDY

Got a bit heated between Anthony mcgill and Jamie Clarke, the referee had to step in and try to calm things down when mcgill accused Clarke of deliberately standing in his eye line. Not often you see confrontation between players in snooker.
nil satis nisi optimum

An Watcher

Not since Alex threatened to have Dennis shot!!

ONeill

Selby can be a narky boy too. Hoping for a digging session in this championship. Looking good so far.

ONeill

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 08, 2020, 06:39:39 PM
Got a bit heated between Anthony mcgill and Jamie Clarke, the referee had to step in and try to calm things down when mcgill accused Clarke of deliberately standing in his eye line. Not often you see confrontation between players in snooker.

https://twitter.com/Livesnooker/status/1292122981339205632?s=20