snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: An Watcher on January 21, 2018, 11:14:19 PM
Delighted for him in much the same way I am delighted when McIlroy wins.  Find it hard to stomach when they're draped in their flag
Then you have scrotes like McGregor pals dragging the Tricolour along the ground and you find nothing wrong with that. Move on FFS. Think of Best McIlroy O Neill Higgins AP McCoy Dunwoody Joey and Robbie Dunlop and all the other great sportsmen that came out the North and consider yourself lucky to have seen them compete.
Allen deserves his success and Wilson will have his day too
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

paddyjohn

I've had personal experience of Mark Allen with a charity I'm involved with, he's an absolute gentleman.

Fair play to him.

Franko

Fair dues to him indeed.  Would be great to see him push in and add a world title to the cabinet.  With his current form and the doubts about Ronnie, this could be the year.

Therealdonald

I've had numerous run-ins with Mark Allen and he's a complete bell end. Forgetting the whole GAWA and the flags, he's just not a nice guy. Someone mentioned a list of sport stars from the North earlier and tellingly there wasn't a GAA player mentioned.

Minder

He was playing an exhibition game on the Shankill tonight if anyone is interested
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on January 22, 2018, 08:56:28 PM
He was playing an exhibition game on the Shankill tonight if anyone is interested

Busy watching the Liverpool game so I'll get to the next one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Avondhu star

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 22, 2018, 08:52:55 PM
I've had numerous run-ins with Mark Allen and he's a complete bell end. Forgetting the whole GAWA and the flags, he's just not a nice guy. Someone mentioned a list of sport stars from the North earlier and tellingly there wasn't a GAA player mentioned.
Get the chip off your shoulder
If you want to be pedantic O Neill played gaa for Derry but all the names mentioned won fame at international level. Of course there are certain gobshites who spout equality bullshit but won't recognise any achievement unless they are from their own narrow minded community

playwiththewind1st

They probably have different use for a snooker cue on the Shankill.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 23, 2018, 09:56:29 AM
If you want to be pedantic O Neill played gaa for Derry but all the names mentioned won fame at international level. Of course there are certain gobshites who spout equality bullshit but won't recognise any achievement unless they are from their own narrow minded community

McIlroy O Neill Higgins AP McCoy Dunwoody Joey and Robbie Dunlop...out of that list only Rory McIlroy and Martin O'Neill would be known at international level. I've no chip on my shoulder, just merely pointed out that there wasn't a GAA player in that list when there are numerous examples as equally successful as some mentioned on that list. Mark Allen is a complete bollicks, nothing to do with his religion or anything, he's just a hateful count.

Milltown Row2

Michael O'Neil played for Ballymena GAA, his da did nets for Naomh Gall to! Place coming down with GAA stars that are brilliant at other sports on an international stage
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 23, 2018, 08:25:01 PM
McIlroy O Neill Higgins AP McCoy Dunwoody Joey and Robbie Dunlop...out of that list only Rory McIlroy and Martin O'Neill would be known at international level. I've no chip on my shoulder, just merely pointed out that there wasn't a GAA player in that list when there are numerous examples as equally successful as some mentioned on that list.

Jeez, that some nonsense. Alex Higgins not known internationally??

Joey Dunlop was 5 time world champion in Formula One TT. Events held all over Europe and in Japan.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hound on January 24, 2018, 10:26:12 AM
McIlroy O Neill Higgins AP McCoy Dunwoody Joey and Robbie Dunlop...out of that list only Rory McIlroy and Martin O'Neill would be known at international level. I've no chip on my shoulder, just merely pointed out that there wasn't a GAA player in that list when there are numerous examples as equally successful as some mentioned on that list.

Joey Dunlop was 5 time world champion in Formula One TT. Events held all over Europe and in Japan.

Johnny Rea evidently is better known worldwide than he is here.

Played a bit of hurling for All Saints in Ballymena.  8)

Avondhu star

Quote from: Avondhu star on January 23, 2018, 09:56:29 AM

McIlroy O Neill Higgins AP McCoy Dunwoody Joey and Robbie Dunlop...out of that list only Rory McIlroy and Martin O'Neill would be known at international level. I've no chip on my shoulder, just merely pointed out that there wasn't a GAA player in that list when there are numerous examples as equally successful as some mentioned on that list. Mark Allen is a complete bollicks, nothing to do with his religion or anything, he's just a hateful count.

You really haven't got a clue. Stick to your little Junior B world

johnneycool

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on January 23, 2018, 08:01:18 PM

They probably have different use for a snooker cue on the Shankill.

Put up a 147 with a brush shaft I heard there this morning.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Hound on January 24, 2018, 10:26:12 AM

Go to an American and ask about Alex Higgins? Go to a German ask about Tony McCoy. Even go over to England and ask about Joey Dunlop....the looks of confusion will soon make my point.