snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: bannside on January 21, 2018, 09:08:47 PM
I used to work in a shop in Antrim and Mark Allen's two uncles were regulars, and one day they brought this wee lad in who looked around six or seven, and told me this wee lad was their nephew and one say he would be world snooker championship. That was about 24 years ago and tonight they could be right.

Eh ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longballin

Quote from: Minder on January 21, 2018, 09:14:51 PM
Quote from: bannside on January 21, 2018, 09:08:47 PM
I used to work in a shop in Antrim and Mark Allen's two uncles were regulars, and one day they brought this wee lad in who looked around six or seven, and told me this wee lad was their nephew and one say he would be world snooker championship. That was about 24 years ago and tonight they could be right.

Eh ?

:D   I know what you mean Bannside... not quite world champion but is a major win for him! ...if he wins that is.

bannside

Sorry if i worded that wrongly.....but you get the gist. His uncles were Adrian or Alvin or maybe it was Manny...they were all snooker and gambling mad.

mrdeeds

His fans behaviour hasn't being great. Allen during week called Ronnie's fans idiots.

thebar

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

SHEEDY

Want to cheer on Allen but those NI flags and all that green and white army stuff make it hard. Says a lot about me maybe  8)
nil satis nisi optimum

longballin

Fair play to him ... good to see local lad do well.

An Watcher

I agree, cheered Allen in all week in the same way as Higgins was cheered many years ago.  Those flags would turn ye tho.

Milltown Row2

Bring on the haters ! Couldn't make it up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Delighted for him in much the same way I am delighted when McIlroy wins.  Find it hard to stomach when they're draped in their flag

Orior

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2018, 11:04:42 PM

Please desist from making something out of nothing. Nobody said they hated him.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on January 21, 2018, 11:14:19 PM
Delighted for him in much the same way I am delighted when McIlroy wins.  Find it hard to stomach when they're draped in their flag

You do understand that people are brought up different to yourself and thus have  a different perspective on things, rightly or wrongly that's the way it is, and having said fled draped over someone will offend some people having another flag draped over someone else will offend them!

Jesus wept!

If he was from the Falls you'd be delighted for him, now just read that back
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on January 21, 2018, 11:36:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 21, 2018, 11:04:42 PM

Please desist from making something out of nothing. Nobody said they hated him.

Watcher finds it hard to stomach, is it a back handed compliment ?