snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Well deserved win by Bingham. Beating ronnie o'sullivan, judd trump and shaun murphy along the way, he certainly didnt get the easy route.
nil satis nisi optimum

ONeill

Saw Jimmy White in the background watching Bingham kiss the trophy. I'm sure he's thinking - how the feck.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

I doubt that's what's on his mind, looking at the quare wan with him.

An Watcher

Delighted for Bingham. If I'm honest I'd have to say I was rooting for Trump in the semis cause I thought Bingham would have no chance v murphy. Fair play though. Not a fan of Murphy either. He has that smug look about him but maybe he's the nicest fella on the tour!

macdanger2

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ONeill on May 04, 2015, 11:14:32 PM
Saw Jimmy White in the background watching Bingham kiss the trophy. I'm sure he's thinking - how the feck.

The grumpy shit didn't give him a standing ovation whereas everyone else did!!!  Tough shit Jimmy,  maybe she said to him that she'd rather f**k a World Champion than f**k his saggy old hairy arse!!!  Or maybe he had a shit load of money on Murphy to win!

Bingham played seriously well for someone who had never been in a Final before.  His play during that monster frame was outstanding and the way he held his nerve was brilliant!  Gotta love the underdog!

magpie seanie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 05, 2015, 09:52:54 AM

The grumpy shit didn't give him a standing ovation whereas everyone else did!!!  Tough shit Jimmy,  maybe she said to him that she'd rather f**k a World Champion than f**k his saggy old hairy arse!!!  Or maybe he had a shit load of money on Murphy to win!

Bingham played seriously well for someone who had never been in a Final before.  His play during that monster frame was outstanding and the way he held his nerve was brilliant!  Gotta love the underdog!

What did Jimmy ever do to you?

tbrick18

Great final, great to see Bingham win.
Jimmy's missus.....and Bingham's missus......feck, I must take up snooker.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 05, 2015, 09:59:32 AM

He didn't even clap...and he broke the dreams of a starry eyed young boy who loved watching him play the game!!  He bottled it I tell ye, bottled it!!!

screenexile

Good enough to see that Mark Allen twat getting plenty of stick on Twitter too. . . Who's the bottler now??

Walter Cronc

Speaking of bottling interesting to see Bingham quote that it was Mark Allen saying he had no bottle before the Australian Open in 2011 that inspired him to change his game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/32586734

Mark Allen must be a right mouth.

Walter Cronc

magpie seanie

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 05, 2015, 10:08:53 AM

He didn't even clap...and he broke the dreams of a starry eyed young boy who loved watching him play the game!!  He bottled it I tell ye, bottled it!!!

I still love the man. Was such an exciting player to watch and constantly picked himself up after getting kicked in the balls. He wasn't far away from qualifying this year either. It may have broken him but he never gave in. He was grossly unfortunate to run into the borg like Hendry at the height of his powers. When you look at it he didn't really "bottle" too many - the 14-8 to 14-18 one could only have been done by Hendry. That was just pure awesomeness.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 05, 2015, 11:20:24 AM

I still love the man. Was such an exciting player to watch and constantly picked himself up after getting kicked in the balls. He wasn't far away from qualifying this year either. It may have broken him but he never gave in. He was grossly unfortunate to run into the borg like Hendry at the height of his powers. When you look at it he didn't really "bottle" too many - the 14-8 to 14-18 one could only have been done by Hendry. That was just pure awesomeness.

Met him years ago in Spain when he was out for a family meal. A real gent!

mikehunt

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 05, 2015, 11:56:53 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 05, 2015, 11:20:24 AM

Met him years ago in Spain when he was out for a family meal. A real gent!

mate of mine was walking down Temple Bar one night and seen Jimmy p!ssing up against a wall and not in the best of shape. mate goes "Go on Jimmy, you good thing" to which he replied "fak off u paddy cnut". gotta love him.