The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

I see the BBC are reporting that Rudy Austin is being let go along with Alex Cairns, Stuart Taylor, Zac Thompson, Michael Tonge and Aidy White. 

It is rumoured that there are players on that list that Redfearn wanted to keep, which if true would suggest further change in the manager's seat in the not too distant future. 

Billys Boots

Leeds are now the 'watch through your fingers' club - anything is likely to happen, or not, or maybe. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 15, 2015, 11:12:37 AM
Leeds are now the 'watch through your fingers' club - anything is likely to happen, or not, or maybe.

Correct Billy - and yesterday's press conference by Massimo 'hold on, I need a fag' Cellino will only have added to that feeling.  :(

Mourne Rover

The frustrating aspect is that Redfearn is a capable coach with some hugely promising young players in his squad. A period of stability and an average amount of investment by championship standards could take the club very close to the play-offs next year. If yesterday's press conference is anything to go by, we will get a prolonged soap opera instead.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Mourne Rover on May 15, 2015, 01:49:43 PM
The frustrating aspect is that Redfearn is a capable coach with some hugely promising young players in his squad. A period of stability and an average amount of investment by championship standards could take the club very close to the play-offs next year. If yesterday's press conference is anything to go by, we will get a prolonged soap opera instead.

You'd have to look at Bournemouth as the model for what can be achieved through relatively modest investment and more importantly stability. I'm not sure though that we can match what Bournemouth invested and Cellino doesn't do stability.

I see there is also talk of a change in the kit provider. Macron were due to finish a 6 year contract next season but the talk is that the Club are ditching it a year early and going with Kappa. Macron are threatening legal action.

Everything thus as it should be!!  ::)

Rufus T Firefly

I see that various sources are reporting that Uwe Rosler is likely to be the next manager of the Club. Ordinarily this might seem a crazy situation given that there is a manager already in place, but Cellino's tirade against Redfearn in which he branded him a baby will have let on-one in any doubt that Redfearn's days are numbered. 

The rollercoaster ride goes on.  :(

Billys Boots

Mourne Rover

From the BBC tonight - 'Leeds chairman Massimo Cellino has agreed in principle to sell his share in the club to supporters' group Leeds Fans United.'

Another amazing twist in the Elland Road soap opera. The big question is where is the money to fund any sale going to come from ? If the new owners get this right, the club could at long last be heading back to the top. If the sums don't add up, the risks are also huge.

However, Cellino had reached the end of the line and at least there is now a fighting chance of a Leeds revival.

stew

Quote from: Mourne Rover on October 30, 2015, 09:09:53 PM
From the BBC tonight - 'Leeds chairman Massimo Cellino has agreed in principle to sell his share in the club to supporters' group Leeds Fans United.'

Another amazing twist in the Elland Road soap opera. The big question is where is the money to fund any sale going to come from ? If the new owners get this right, the club could at long last be heading back to the top. If the sums don't add up, the risks are also huge.

However, Cellino had reached the end of the line and at least there is now a fighting chance of a Leeds revival.

What a mess, Leeds used to be a top class outfit and it is a shame they are going to the dogs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

What is O'Leary's legacy amongst Leeds fans now?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Shit.Just the same as it is with Villa.O'Leary will go down in history as ruining two great clubs

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: ONeill on October 30, 2015, 11:25:32 PM
What is O'Leary's legacy amongst Leeds fans now?

He will always be associated with a period that brought the Club to its knees, and for that reason his name will be mud amongst a lot of the support.

However for me, the ultimate responsibility rests with those who oversaw the finances and were prepared to sanction a transfer policy that was built on the need to make the Champions League each year, at a time when only the top three made it through.

Billys Boots

smelmoth

O'Leary at Leeds and Harry at Pompey cannot escape significant responsibility for the wholesale mismanagement of those clubs. It's also very difficult to attribute any measure of success to them as individuals as most managers can improve results if given a runaway budget