Ophelia

Started by J70, October 12, 2017, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Indeed. The storm won't stop at Belcoo or Middletown etc just because humans put a line on a map.
Stay safe and may we all be posting again from tomorrow.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

manfromdelmonte

very underwhelming so far

screenexile

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 16, 2017, 08:59:44 AM

Plenty of trees down and power out in Cork already...

Just to clarify the fake news spread on social media last night you're still insured if you drive during the weather warning!!

Some people will blindly believe anything that's on a computer screen it really is ridiculous!!

ONeill

Is this an act of God?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Trees starting to bend here in Tipp now. It's weird though. Big heavy wind for 5 minutes, then an eerie calm again. I think peak will be with us around 12 to 3.

MoChara

Quote from: screenexile on October 16, 2017, 09:17:09 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 16, 2017, 08:59:44 AM

Plenty of trees down and power out in Cork already...

Just to clarify the fake news spread on social media last night you're still insured if you drive during the weather warning!!

Some people will blindly believe anything that's on a computer screen it really is ridiculous!!

I thought it was probably nonsense when I first heard it but it would make sense, like you wouldn't drive through a bonfire and expect to be paid on a claim for fire damage. If you're taking unnecessary risk why would they pay out?

clarshack

Quote from: screenexile on October 16, 2017, 12:27:11 AM
Quote from: Orchard park on October 16, 2017, 12:21:56 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 16, 2017, 12:07:16 AM
Quote from: clarshack on October 15, 2017, 11:20:31 PM
They reckon it's not going to hit until about 3pm tomorrow. In the local primary school p1-p3 get out at 2pm every day. Just let the whole school out at 2pm. Simples.  No need for school closures if managed correctly.

You're literally insane.

Correct Syferus, only possibility. I haven't heard tripe like this in years

I'm hoping fact he used the word 'simples' meant it was a sarcastic post!!

yes, i was being sarcastic but in all seriousness let's hope people don't do anything stupid and stay safe.

AZOffaly

Galbally in Limerick is one of the maddest places in the world. Remember the Timmy Ryan 'pull hard, let every stroke be a funeral' sketch from D'Unbelievables? That's based on Galbally.

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: Rois on October 15, 2017, 08:54:30 PM
But it's going to stop at the border - no red warning for the north yet.

Despite Barra Best's "best" attempts BBCNI still taking the line that this is all happening far, far away. ;D
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

BennyCake

Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on October 16, 2017, 10:16:24 AM

Despite Barra Best's "best" attempts BBCNI still taking the line that this is all happening far, far away. ;D

The "Irish Republic" is far, far away for Unionists, as they rarely if ever cross the imaginary border. It might as well be Southern Yemen to them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on October 16, 2017, 11:15:47 AM

The "Irish Republic" is far, far away for Unionists, as they rarely if ever cross the imaginary border. It might as well be Southern Yemen to them.

Eh? Rarely if ever? You being serious?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2017, 11:18:31 AM

I think he's confusing extremists with unionists.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Syferus on October 16, 2017, 11:28:18 AM

I think he's confusing extremists with unionists.

When I read the headlines " hurricane coming from the republic to wreak havoc in the north"
I thought antrim had drew Galway at home in the 1st round of the league in hurling
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

AZOffaly

She's getting rowdy here in Tipp now. This seems to give a good indication. Click on any part of the country and it gives you the average wind at that time. It doesn't include gusts, which is what we're seeing so far.

Around Kenmare seems to be getting the worst at the moment.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-9.05,53.03,3000/loc=-8.068,52.902

BennyCake

There's a hell of a lot of them that would fit that description.