GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: yellowcard on June 21, 2020, 12:09:31 AM
From a purely selfish point of view this announcement today of bringing forward the easing of restrictions is a positive. We need some form of social outlet after what has been a suffocating time for most people. However I can't help but feel that it is a reaction to sustained heavy criticism from some media commentators such as Colm O'Rourke and I really hope that we don't have to tighten restrictions again before the season is out. Huge onus is now being put onto a lot of unpaid volunteers to assist with planning and implementation of the new measures and the cabal of paid coaches and media hacks who led the charge for the quick return to play will be happy that the till is now turning again.
We can barely get one coach to take a team  never mind all these other helpers now needed

downjim

Is the online questionnaire available anywhere?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: downjim on June 22, 2020, 09:49:47 AM

Was coming here to ask this exact question as the pitches are permitted to open from Wednesday.

johnnycool

Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 22, 2020, 09:51:54 AM

Was coming here to ask this exact question as the pitches are permitted to open from Wednesday.

https://returntoplay.gaa.ie/

Not there yet

downjim

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

johnnycool

Norf Tyrone

Has the GAA reinstated its insurance yet ahead of Weds?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Square Ball

Quote from: johnnycool on June 22, 2020, 09:54:43 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 22, 2020, 09:51:54 AM

https://returntoplay.gaa.ie/

Not there yet
Now saying available tomorrow. will have to be.

Smokin Joe

Do we know if the insurance starts from Wednesday also, I assume it would have to?
And is it the same in the 6 counties as it is in the 26?

time ticking away

Anyone hear of any county teams returning to training early.
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Square Ball

Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 22, 2020, 08:20:45 PM
Do we know if the insurance starts from Wednesday also, I assume it would have to?
At the minute were still on the 29th

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2020, 08:38:40 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 22, 2020, 08:20:45 PM
At the minute were still on the 29th
That surprises me?  It was the GAA that closed the pitches, not the NI Executive.  So if we are saying that pitches in NI cannot open on Wednesday that would mean that the GAA is treating the 6 and the 26 differently.  Surely they wouldn't be doing that.

Norf Tyrone

The GAA insurance is relevant to ALL counties.

Re the 6 counties. On Weds training is allowed in groups of 10 on a non contact basis.

In the 26 counties. On Weds training is allowed in groups of 15 on a non contact basis.

Neither can happen on GAA property unless the GAA reinstate the insurance scheme.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

yellowcard

Have the GAA insurers announced a rebate for the period of time which GAA grounds were closed and all activities suspended?

Will county boards reimburse registration fees, board fees, referee fees etc for the same 3 month period which is effectively half of the playing season? How will clubs deal with membership fees which have mostly all been already collected. Very little talk of any of these issues.