Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 24, 2021, 09:09:14 PM
I hopE u r all sitting down . Im seeing and hearing Gaelfast are out in loads of belfast primary schools these days which is great news. the new boss must be making a difference

As they were pre covid.

I see they've a few posts to fill, anyone on here apply.

Christmas Lights

I hopE u r all sitting down . Im seeing and hearing Gaelfast are out in loads of belfast primary schools these days which is great news. the new boss must be making a difference

Is Belfast GAA still dying or is it alive again? Country teams still the dominate ones in all divisions

BigBallWeeBall

Last winner from outside Belfast excluding Cargin achievements were Glenravel I believe. Since then Johnnies Rossa L dearg Sarsfields StPauls, Pearses St Teresa's & St Galls obviously.  Good history in Belfast for almost 60 years

imtommygunn

It's cycles too. Hard to see outside Cargin this year but Creggan will be in the mix. I thought Cargin were going to drop off but I don't think so any more. I think Creggan will have dropped off before them.

I imagine st pauls will come again too and Rossa are definitely much stronger. Pretty much all the city clubs have the dual problem which the likes of Cargin or Portglenone don't have.

toby47

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 28, 2021, 12:02:44 PM
It's cycles too. Hard to see outside Cargin this year but Creggan will be in the mix. I thought Cargin were going to drop off but I don't think so any more. I think Creggan will have dropped off before them.

I imagine st pauls will come again too and Rossa are definitely much stronger. Pretty much all the city clubs have the dual problem which the likes of Cargin or Portglenone don't have.

Still expect Creggan to push this year missing Liam Quinn & Conor Small? Two of their main threats gone. Fintan Burke also not playing.

asaffgael

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 27, 2021, 01:31:18 PM

Is Belfast GAA still dying or is it alive again? Country teams still the dominate ones in all divisions
Gaelfast is an effort to resurrect it and just glad to see feet on the ground more than befor . Made big impression at my grandsons school.
Belfast still miles behind country teams in numbers facilities finances

toby47

imtommygunn

I still think they're probably better than most except Cargin. Without them though I'd say would be tough to see them win it.

Rodger Mona

a co.down man asked me this and found it hard to answer not having seen much of either ecxcepy in finals.

"who is better, creggan or lamh dearg"

Toss of a coin in my opinion.... up for debate!

rogercasement

Quote from: Rodger Mona on September 28, 2021, 03:06:11 PM
a co.down man asked me this and found it hard to answer not having seen much of either ecxcepy in finals.

I would say Creggan are better but I would always fancy Lamhs to beat them in championship!!

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: rogercasement on September 28, 2021, 04:55:17 PM

I would say Creggan are better but I would always fancy Lamhs to beat them in championship!!

R creggan like Mayo loads of good players loads of finals but choke on big day?

bannside

Or is it Cargin just find a way to grind out results? How many times have teams almost beaten them - but fell inches short.Theres been dozens of very close matches in recent years where a point or two made all the different over 60 or 80 minutes.

After this weekend we will know the last 8, and the fun starts all over again.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: bannside on September 29, 2021, 04:38:22 PM
Or is it Cargin just find a way to grind out results? How many times have teams almost beaten them - but fell inches short.Theres been dozens of very close matches in recent years where a point or two made all the different over 60 or 80 minutes.

After this weekend we will know the last 8, and the fun starts all over again.

Isn't that what winning championships is about. Mayo had Dublin on the ropes twice and couldn't put them away. Kerry had them to a replay and couldn't either even when they had an extra man in the drawn game.

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 29, 2021, 05:43:22 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 29, 2021, 03:56:57 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on September 28, 2021, 04:55:17 PM

R creggan like Mayo loads of good players loads of finals but choke on big day?
Is 2 finals loads?

Do you not think it was enough