Armagh vs Clare 2018 R3 AI Qualifier - Athletic Grounds

Started by Solo_run, June 25, 2018, 04:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: Solo_run on June 30, 2018, 04:28:06 PM
Too many players dropping off the panel over the last few seasons and this is the result along with a very dull approach to games. There is a serious lack of creativity and energy in this Armagh squad.

Well...

tonto1888

Fantastic from Armagh in the last ten. I had given up after the penalty

Oraisteach

Very exciting conclusion. Great job by the Clare FM commentary team for maintaining the thrill throughout. Thought we were done after Grimley missed the close-in point. Clare seemed to take terrific points while we hit wide after wide, but goaling after the PK was amazing.  Was on the edge of my seat.

Syferus

No more than Tipp, Clare are well known for their second half collapses at this stage. I'd temper any Armagh optimism stemming from that comeback.

naka

Syferus
Trust me with five minutes to go we would have taken anything.
Season still alive
Armagh aren't a great side but they sure had some heart to pluck the victory.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on June 30, 2018, 05:09:25 PM
No more than Tipp, Clare are well known for their second half collapses at this stage. I'd temper any Armagh optimism stemming from that comeback.

Second half collapse? They outscored Armagh from the 35th to 66th minute. It was a 6/7 minute collapse if anything.

Syferus

Quote from: shark on June 30, 2018, 05:23:08 PM

Second half collapse? They outscored Armagh from the 35th to 66th minute. It was a 6/7 minute collapse if anything.

Is the final 6/7 minutes not in the second half now? When did the rules change?

For Armagh it's a good result regardless given the position they were in. People forget they made the AIQFs last year too.

Rossfan

Some finish by Armagh , 1-5 gan freagra as Seafóidín might say.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Over the Bar

A Roscommon man tempering optimism following a facile win. lol

Dougal Maguire

As many people have already commented on this site, he's a real fun guy who'd give away party a lift. Great result in the sun. Athletic Grounds looking good
Careful now

armaghniac

Some very sloppy play by Armagh to end up behind, missing 20m frees, ridiculous wides, hospital passes, and dropping the ball in the  square before the penalty. But great heart shown at the end, this is almost on a par with the Fermanagh game in 1993. The home advantage, which Clare whined about, had little enough effect on most of Armagh's play but the imbalance in the crowd may have assisted the comeback.

I hope all Clare visitors had a warm welcome in sunny Armagh and that they get a Munster hurling title as a consolation. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Solo_run

Quote from: armaghniac on June 30, 2018, 06:32:22 PM
Some very sloppy play by Armagh to end up behind, missing 20m frees, ridiculous wides, hospital passes, and dropping the ball in the  square before the penalty. But great heart shown at the end, this is almost on a par with the Fermanagh game in 1993. The home advantage, which Clare whined about, had little enough effect on most of Armagh's play but the imbalance in the crowd may have assisted the comeback.

I hope all Clare visitors had a warm welcome in sunny Armagh and that they get a Munster hurling title as a consolation.

Did Armagh go to plan B or did the penalty give them a kick up the hole?

illdecide

Never seen that coming tbh. Clare were the better team and got their scores easier. In saying all that Armagh had some terrible wides and even missed a 13m free but the last few minutes was something else and I'd say the happiest man there will be young Ryan Owens who came on with 10 mins to go and gave a goal and pt away... Big big escape
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

smelmoth

Sympathy for Clare. They played the better football. By a distance the best team we have played this year. But the boys dub deep in those last 10. They pushed up and went positive. The substitution of the keeper was the turning point. Clare struggled to get out of their half on his kick outs

Stunning last 10

Grugan and Murnin worth special mentions

yellowcard

You can question the quality at times but credit both sides who came to play football and served up the best game of football I've seen all year.