Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Am I correct in the Div 1 lineup for 2020?

Trillick
Dromore
Omagh
Killyclogher
Errigal
Loughmcrory
Carrickmore
Pomeroy?

Galbally?
Donaghmore
Ardboe
Derrylaughan
Coalisland
Clonoe
Dungannon
Moy

Not sure whether Pomeroy or Galbally is further west.

GetOverTheBar

I would guess Galbally is considered East Tyrone for the purposes of above, it's more to the East by a nick or two....not much in it mind you.

Jimbop

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 09, 2020, 11:32:15 AM
Quote from: WT4E on June 09, 2020, 09:57:18 AM
Quote from: Jimbop on June 08, 2020, 03:15:46 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 07, 2020, 11:27:08 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 06, 2020, 11:54:54 AM
Quote from: Jimbop on June 06, 2020, 11:19:53 AM
Wonder how they'll work the league. To get 15 league games in plus 4 championship games...youd need to basically play 2 games a week to get it played in 31 July - 11th October window.
Think the league bes played in a different format. Perhaps taking the form of the Jim Devlin league cups that used to be played.

Play each division in 4 groups of 4. 3 games each. Top 4 into semis, bottom 4 into relegation semis. 4 to 5 weeks to sort out ur league finalists and relegation.

Teams well warmed up for knock out champo played over 6 weeks or so.

Finish season with 3 league finals.

So some teams only get 4 games if they finish mid table in their group and lose 1st round of championship?
There's 11 club weeks. I think a minimum of 8 games (if not 10) should be played in order to keep players motivated. Split league in 2, play everyone once =7 games. Then  play championship with a backdoor. = 2 games. 9 games total.

Also could be a few issues if leagues are split and CCC wants to go ahead with next years league restructure.

Yes some teams only get 4 games but I think whatever format it takes we need to get over the attitude of complaining about everything.

It's a global pandemic never seen before in our lifetime - let's just get on with it

Agree, we're doing well to even be here. It's great to be focusing in again.

Louth GAA released their plans, I don't expect too much change really in and around any county. Championship as in normal, will be settled on day however. Regional League with no promotion or relegation. We can't really ask for much more considering the time frames involved.

No-ones complaining here. Such a defensive attitude WT4E - who made you the authority on all this. 

Football careers are too short, and as someone approaching the end i want to pay as many games as possible. If there's an 11 week window should aim to  maximise the number of games within reason. Why restrict it to 4 games. At the end of the day players want to play.

i think LeoMacs alternative of a secondary competition if you lose 1st /2nd round of championship is a good one. Few extra games for all.

Also Saturday games just to get a few pints when lockdown eventually ends - but not precious on this!

Mikhailov

Quote from: Jimbop on June 08, 2020, 05:48:22 PM
Bit more thought needed for that one but you get the idea - we need more games somehow! 😂

Thats derrys system --->

The 16 clubs all played in the first round.

In the second round winners section the eight winning teams from round one played against each other with the four winners going straight into the quarter-finals.
In the second round losers section the eight beaten teams from round one played against each other.
In round three (also referred to as the quarter-final qualifiers) the four beaten teams from the round two winners section played the four winning teams from the round two losers section.I
In the quarter-finals the four teams who won their first two matches in rounds one and two played the four winners of round three.The quarter-finals, semi-finals and final were knock-out.

Don't think the back door detailed above is Derry system at all. Is their Championship not a straight knock out format?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 09, 2020, 10:45:56 PM
Quote from: Jimbop on June 08, 2020, 05:48:22 PM
Bit more thought needed for that one but you get the idea - we need more games somehow! 😂

Thats derrys system --->

The 16 clubs all played in the first round.

In the second round winners section the eight winning teams from round one played against each other with the four winners going straight into the quarter-finals.
In the second round losers section the eight beaten teams from round one played against each other.
In round three (also referred to as the quarter-final qualifiers) the four beaten teams from the round two winners section played the four winning teams from the round two losers section.I
In the quarter-finals the four teams who won their first two matches in rounds one and two played the four winners of round three.The quarter-finals, semi-finals and final were knock-out.

Don't think the back door detailed above is Derry system at all. Is their Championship not a straight knock out format?

That's the Kerry format.

Goals_Will_Come

"Clubs in Tyrone are set to be presented with the proposals discussed for revised fixture schedule by the weekend"
Looks like we'll know the layout by the weekend at latest.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jimbop on June 09, 2020, 01:54:28 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 09, 2020, 11:32:15 AM
Quote from: WT4E on June 09, 2020, 09:57:18 AM
Quote from: Jimbop on June 08, 2020, 03:15:46 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 07, 2020, 11:27:08 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 06, 2020, 11:54:54 AM
Quote from: Jimbop on June 06, 2020, 11:19:53 AM
Wonder how they'll work the league. To get 15 league games in plus 4 championship games...youd need to basically play 2 games a week to get it played in 31 July - 11th October window.
Think the league bes played in a different format. Perhaps taking the form of the Jim Devlin league cups that used to be played.

Play each division in 4 groups of 4. 3 games each. Top 4 into semis, bottom 4 into relegation semis. 4 to 5 weeks to sort out ur league finalists and relegation.

Teams well warmed up for knock out champo played over 6 weeks or so.

Finish season with 3 league finals.

So some teams only get 4 games if they finish mid table in their group and lose 1st round of championship?
There's 11 club weeks. I think a minimum of 8 games (if not 10) should be played in order to keep players motivated. Split league in 2, play everyone once =7 games. Then  play championship with a backdoor. = 2 games. 9 games total.

Also could be a few issues if leagues are split and CCC wants to go ahead with next years league restructure.

Yes some teams only get 4 games but I think whatever format it takes we need to get over the attitude of complaining about everything.

It's a global pandemic never seen before in our lifetime - let's just get on with it

Agree, we're doing well to even be here. It's great to be focusing in again.

Louth GAA released their plans, I don't expect too much change really in and around any county. Championship as in normal, will be settled on day however. Regional League with no promotion or relegation. We can't really ask for much more considering the time frames involved.

No-ones complaining here. Such a defensive attitude WT4E - who made you the authority on all this. 

Football careers are too short, and as someone approaching the end i want to pay as many games as possible. If there's an 11 week window should aim to  maximise the number of games within reason. Why restrict it to 4 games. At the end of the day players want to play.

i think LeoMacs alternative of a secondary competition if you lose 1st /2nd round of championship is a good one. Few extra games for all.

Also Saturday games just to get a few pints when lockdown eventually ends - but not precious on this!
[/b]
As good a reason as any!

skeog

Good man in charge of fixtures so hopefully be sorted by weekend and clubs will get the chance to plan ahead.County managers will be hoping injuries will be kept to a minimum.Be strange playing county final before Tyrone have played a game in championship.The competitive nature of Tyrone championship should be a good lead in to October imo.

WT4E

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 09, 2020, 01:52:22 PM
I would guess Galbally is considered East Tyrone for the purposes of above, it's more to the East by a nick or two....not much in it mind you.

Galbally definitely East especially in other strong Tyrone organisations. ETB

general_lee

Quote from: WT4E on June 10, 2020, 10:42:34 PM

Up them!

Gaafan2

Quote from: WT4E on June 10, 2020, 10:42:34 PM

As are the Plunketts  :-X

GetOverTheBar

I was talking purely where the pitches are located on a map  ;)

BG_Gael

Have seen the proposals. Genuine question but how can they expect promotion and relegation to work and clubs be OK with it? For example to 2 proposals that suggest groups. Will these groups be seeded? Says on the proposal drawn from a hat, how in any way is that fair. For example in division 2 there are a few big hitters let's say the 5 or 6 big teams are drawn in the same section and then say 2 mid table teams are added. How is it fair that they've to compete against the big 6 and face relegation for coming bottom of the group while the other section is a lot weaker? Sqme argument applies to promotion. Surely either groups have to be seeded or no relegation or promotion

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: BG_Gael on June 11, 2020, 12:29:46 PM
Have seen the proposals. Genuine question but how can they expect promotion and relegation to work and clubs be OK with it? For example to 2 proposals that suggest groups. Will these groups be seeded? Says on the proposal drawn from a hat, how in any way is that fair. For example in division 2 there are a few big hitters let's say the 5 or 6 big teams are drawn in the same section and then say 2 mid table teams are added. How is it fair that they've to compete against the big 6 and face relegation for coming bottom of the group while the other section is a lot weaker? Sqme argument applies to promotion. Surely either groups have to be seeded or no relegation or promotion
If they are going with splitting the league into 2 groups and have mid week games, it would be best best to split East and West for travelling purposes on a weeknight. They already had these in the fixture revamp proposals in January, so could use that split.
In relation to the 5 or 6 big teams in Division 2, fail to see other than Edendork and maybe Eglish who you would classify as a big team, it's a very even league. That argument could apply to division 1. I think you need to include promotion and relegation in it, otherwise after 2 or 3 games the competition can become meaningless for teams if they haven't got a good start. The championship winners will also expect to be promoted.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: BG_Gael on June 11, 2020, 12:29:46 PM

Any chance of a summary of them?