All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

I thought they held, Walsh and Mannion rightly, other non-county forwards for Crokes are fairly decent.

lenny

Quote from: Gold on January 22, 2023, 06:16:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 22, 2023, 04:51:13 PM
Shane Walsh wins his all Ireland

Won't mean a f**king thing to him

lol, an All Ireland won't mean anything to him. What planet are you on?

Wildweasel74

It be the only one he won, he's now 30., Galway wouldn't beat Kerry so that be his lot, maybe another club all Ireland.

Gold

Quote from: pbat on January 22, 2023, 03:47:11 PM
Penalty all day, stupid tackle. He had plenty off cover

Not for me. Dropped like a sack and anyway it was outside the box

Typical that a tiny Wee traffic warden gave it though
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Mayo Border

Quote from: Gold on January 22, 2023, 06:16:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 22, 2023, 04:51:13 PM
Shane Walsh wins his all Ireland

Won't mean a f**king thing to him
In post match interviews Shane Walsh paid tribute to his club in Galway for their support this past week.

yellowcard

Quote from: Estimator on January 22, 2023, 05:48:30 PM
At the McKenna Cup game last night, McGuigan was substituted off towards the end of the game. Was a Tyrone kickout, Morgan launched it down the terrace side. McGuigan hadn't departed the pitch yet on the stand side, not involved at all in the play that was progressing and in another 5 seconds and he would've been off the playing surface. Ref was notified, and the play brought back for the kickout to be retaken. So even where Mannion was standing should've been enough for the '45 to be retaken.

Cahair O'Kane has already tweeted that Glen won't be appealing.

It's not like that last play from the 45m kick was really impacted by them having 16 players on the pitch so I think for that reason Glen will not object. It had no real material impact on the result unlike say Joe Sheridan scoring a try. The Kilmacud blatant time wasting should have resulted in the referee allowing for one more play though.

From the Bunker

" 𝑾𝒆 had the disappointment from last year" says Shane Walsh  ;D

Brendan

Quote from: OrchardOrange on January 22, 2023, 06:07:48 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2023, 06:02:28 PM
Why can't Glen persuade one of the Cliffords to move to Derry?

Good idea. Plenty of turf cutting opportunities around Glen

Glass could give him a job in the cafe

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2023, 06:02:28 PM
Why can't Glen persuade one of the Cliffords to move to Derry?

Summer in Maghera isn't as nice as Killarney.

Silver hill

Quote from: OrchardOrange on January 22, 2023, 05:57:47 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 22, 2023, 05:29:49 PM
Yeah I'd be 100 percent sending in an appeal. Can't make such an error on sideline.

What is it about Derry teams and not being able to take their beatin like men??

How so?
We were beaten, we're not appealing anything....how does that equate to not taking your beating?

marty34

Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2023, 06:34:50 PM
At the McKenna Cup game last night, McGuigan was substituted off towards the end of the game. Was a Tyrone kickout, Morgan launched it down the terrace side. McGuigan hadn't departed the pitch yet on the stand side, not involved at all in the play that was progressing and in another 5 seconds and he would've been off the playing surface. Ref was notified, and the play brought back for the kickout to be retaken. So even where Mannion was standing should've been enough for the '45 to be retaken.

It's not like that last play from the 45m kick was really impacted by them having 16 players on the pitch so I think for that reason Glen will not object. It had no real material impact on the result unlike say Joe Sheridan scoring a try. The Kilmacud blatant time wasting should have resulted in the referee allowing for one more play though.

Yeah, ref meesed up.

Should have played a total of at least 5 mins, even 6.

Wildweasel74

Gona have get them Maghera lasses to get their claws onto the younger Canavan. Drag him to Maghera lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on January 22, 2023, 06:47:06 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2023, 06:34:50 PM

Yeah, ref meesed up.

Should have played a total of at least 5 mins, even 6.

I'd say Glen messed up a lot with in front of goal, they messed up their kick outs

So 3 allocated for over 30 minutes and you wanted to double that to 6 in the space of 3 minutes?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: Silver hill on January 22, 2023, 06:46:10 PM
Quote from: OrchardOrange on January 22, 2023, 05:57:47 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 22, 2023, 05:29:49 PM
Yeah I'd be 100 percent sending in an appeal. Can't make such an error on sideline.

What is it about Derry teams and not being able to take their beatin like men??

How so?
We were beaten, we're not appealing anything....how does that equate to not taking your beating?

if it was the other way around they would absolutely 100% appeal it and they would win.