Tea

Started by Eamonnca1, May 02, 2022, 12:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 04, 2022, 03:59:18 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 03, 2022, 11:36:29 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 03, 2022, 09:59:47 PM
Working from home. Constantly drinking tea. Literally buckets of the stuff.

Literally? Out of a bucket? Jesus...

Yip, a big ceramic bucket.

Burn the lip off you those yolks.

The Subbie

Quote from: Aristo 60 on May 03, 2022, 10:38:54 AM
4 or 5 cups for me in a day. All made in the cup nowadays except when visitors. Kids are well on board with the ceremony of it. Milk and sugar to taste. Kettle only way to go and the first part of the ceremony. Couldn't have one of those hot water taps about the place. Lockdown and wfh saw the introduction of the 400 bags sack instead of the 80's. A great job!

Couldn't agree more
Them hot water taps are never hot enough to make a good drop of tay
You need the kettle boiled , the pot warmed , kettle boiled again and away you go

Anyone offering you a cup of tay using one of them hot water tap yokes is not a true connoisseur of tay
They would lack of the necessary levels of sophistication and taste that us true tay appreciators have

screenexile

We have the big hot water taps at work and they're a great job no complaints about them at all!

johnnycool

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2022, 09:19:32 AM
We have the big hot water taps at work and they're a great job no complaints about them at all!

I'm with The Subbie on this one, water needs to be boiling and TBH we'd one of those hot water taps at work and the water wasn't boiling out of it, so the kettle had to be returned post haste.

Itchy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 02, 2022, 12:27:20 AM
Help me out here. This is a genuine question. But what the hell is the big attraction to tea?

As far as I'm concerned it looks awful, tastes awful, smells awful, and burns your tongue so it hurts for days afterwards. So why do so many Irish people worship the stuff? Why do they drink it like water?

I was at my auntie's a few months ago and of course I went through the usual ritual of explaining that no, I really, honestly don't want any tea. Yes, water's fine. She said "that sounds awful that, a glass of cold water." Later when she topped me up, she topped me up with hot water from the kettle. I had to pour it down the sink and pour me a cold glass of water. She could not believe the evidence in front of her eyes that this, the most ordinary thing in the world, was all I wanted to drink.

When I'm thirsty I just pour a glass of water and drink it. Job done in a few seconds. When my dad gets thirsty he seems to go through this big elaborate ritual involving a kettle, a tea bag, milk, a teaspoon, and having to sit down for five minutes to drink the stuff. Even on a hot day.

I just don't get it. What is it about this beverage that people find so alluring?

If employment law did not forbid it, my first question when interviewing a candidate for a job would be "Tea or Coffee". If the answer was Coffee a security guard would enter and drag the heathen out and throw him out the front door. If he said Tea, we'd make a cup of tea and discuss his remuneration requirements.

ONeill

Have about 10 cups a day. Soaks up the alcohol.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rois

Controversial - but I've been drinking decaf tea for the past 2.5 years (two pregnancies and breastfeeding). I don't mind it at all but depends on the brand.
Decaf coffee is nicer though.

imtommygunn

We are the same. It's been decaf this 3 years and I much prefer it.

quit yo jibbajabba

Uhoh. The decaff crew have entered the convo.

Shits gona go down now 😃

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 04, 2022, 12:22:25 PM

You breastfeeding too? f**king decaff!!! lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 04, 2022, 12:37:01 PM

Solidarity  ;D

The Subbie

Quote from: Rois on May 04, 2022, 12:15:27 PM
Controversial - but I've been drinking decaf tea for the past 2.5 years (two pregnancies and breastfeeding). I don't mind it at all but depends on the brand.

Decaf tea ??
Mother of God is there nothing sacred in this world?
Civilisation is fucked entirely

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 04, 2022, 12:38:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 04, 2022, 12:37:01 PM

Solidarity  ;D

Decaf milk?  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tintin25

Moved to decaf and haven't noticed a big difference - even got me ma on it!

It's great for preventing any reflux problems too.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: The Subbie on May 04, 2022, 12:39:42 PM
Quote from: Rois on May 04, 2022, 12:15:27 PM

Decaf tea ??
Mother of God is there nothing sacred in this world?
Civilisation is fucked entirely

Jaysus, be like drinking that Heineken Zero.