Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: johnnycool on March 22, 2022, 03:57:42 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 22, 2022, 10:23:47 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 22, 2022, 10:19:54 AM
They also need money.

We have a city with 100k and the potential for massive growth with one hurling club but the Ulster Council decided that it was better to invest in Gaelfast in a city with 14 hurling clubs already. Go figure that. Our county board (Derry) would rather see hurling dead and buried. Not one coaching officer sent into the city to coach hurling from Ulster Council

Have a word with big Kevin Kelly, but in general I'd ask the question what are a lot of the hurling GDO's doing and is their time well spent!!

Too busy out taking club teams in the evening for a bit of coin
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 22, 2022, 07:38:30 PM
They also need money.

We have a city with 100k and the potential for massive growth with one hurling club but the Ulster Council decided that it was better to invest in Gaelfast in a city with 14 hurling clubs already. Go figure that. Our county board (Derry) would rather see hurling dead and buried. Not one coaching officer sent into the city to coach hurling from Ulster Council

Have a word with big Kevin Kelly, but in general I'd ask the question what are a lot of the hurling GDO's doing and is their time well spent!!

Manus? I don't know but he and Big R have rejuvenated u17 and u20 county in Derry after years of neglect. Maybe you are referring to others, I see some working in schools in already established heartlands that dont need the help . Wee Dilly is top notch, where did they put him? Fecking Gulladuff his home turf with hardly any help needed there. Hinphey in helping St Pats Maghera-like ffs talk about shite strategy. These are all top men that really should be sent to city, Ballerin, coleraine or St Finbarrs

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: seafoid link=topic=30417.msg2110422#msg2110422 date=1647944394

They also need money.
/quote]

Gaelfast has nothing to do with the Ulstet Council. It was negotiated by Antrim GAA and Croke Park.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 22, 2022, 08:29:12 PM

Quote from: johnnycool
link=topic=30417.msg2110516#msg2110516 date=1647964662

They also need money.

Manus? I don't know but he and Big R have rejuvenated u17 and u20 county in Derry after years of neglect. Maybe you are referring to others, I see some working in schools in already established heartlands that dont need the help . Wee Dilly is top notch, where did they put him? Fecking Gulladuff his home turf with hardly any help needed there. Hinphey in helping St Pats Maghera-like ffs talk about shite strategy. These are all top men that really should be sent to city, Ballerin, coleraine or St Finbarrs

Gaelfast isn't much better. Sent a coach in to a school for a series of football coaching sessions.

The school is a feeder school for a hurling only club.

When it was highlighted, the coach stated he was only following instructions from his manager.

johnnycool

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on March 22, 2022, 10:08:02 PM

They also need money.
/quote]

Gaelfast has nothing to do with the Ulstet Council. It was negotiated by Antrim GAA and Croke Park and was intended to promote GAA in the city of Belfast

It was also negotiated by Down GAA my good man and you'll also find that a lot of the GDO's for Gaelfast are also Ulster Council GDO's so there's a blurring of the lines somewhere..

Saffrongael

They also need money.

I'm not talking about Derry, Antrim in this case
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

They also need money.

In order to develop the game properly in x counties surely it would have to be managed centrally with each county applying best practice.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: johnnycool on March 23, 2022, 08:13:50 AM

They also need money.
/quote]

Gaelfast has nothing to do with the Ulstet Council. It was negotiated by Antrim GAA and Croke Park and was intended to promote GAA in the city of Belfast

It was also negotiated by Down GAA my good man and you'll also find that a lot of the GDO's for Gaelfast are also Ulster Council GDO's so there's a blurring of the lines somewhere..

True enough Johnny. There was some dissent within Antrim as why Belfast was getting preferential treatment so it was rolled out across the county.

It seems to have turned into a bit of a farce.

There have been 3 managers of the project since its inception and it does seem the Gaelfast coaches etc are indeed Ulster Council coaches.

Paul Donnelly ex St Paul's / Rossa was the first manager and I attended one of his presentations. He's a brilliant communicator and I left thinking, if this project does everything that has been promised then it will be a success.

Unfortunately PD left after a period of time and I think that's when the wheels began to fall off the wagon

marty34

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on March 23, 2022, 10:13:12 AM

They also need money.
/quote]

True enough Johnny. There was some dissent within Antrim as why Belfast was getting preferential treatment so it was rolled out across the county.

There have been 3 managers of the project since its inception and it does seem the Gaelfast coaches etc are indeed Ulster Council coaches.

Paul Donnelly ex St Paul's / Rossa was the first manager and I attended one of his presentations. He's a brilliant communicator and I left thinking, if this project does everything that has been promised then it will be a success.

Unfortunately PD left after a period of time and I think that's when the wheels began to fall off the wagon

What was/is the full remit of Gaelfast?

How many coaches? Where? Timeframe etc.?

Has it changed since the beginning?

johnnycool

They also need money.
/quote]

Who replaced PD?

seafoid

One of the things that will need to be addressed for any transforming county is psychology. This great Waterford team beat Cork in the 2004 Munster Final but could never
beat them in the All Ireland series. They never won the all Ireland either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peAFdYkxbVo

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: johnnycool on March 23, 2022, 11:11:20 AM

They also need money.
/quote]

Who replaced PD?

Anton McCaffrey - St Galls, who has since left and Alfie Hannaway, Naomh Gall is now managing the project.

johnnycool

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on March 23, 2022, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 23, 2022, 11:11:20 AM

They also need money.
/quote]

Who replaced PD?

Anton McCaffrey - St Galls, who has since left and Alfie Hannaway, Naomh Gall is now managing the project.

A bit of a hot seat that one then!

Milltown Row2

Apparently not, there's a couple of posters on the Antrim thread that would have nailed that position had they been offered it ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

The longest time previously between Cork all Irelands was 16 years. 1903 to 1919.
Their last All Ireland was 2005...