Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonardo

@SamFever - who are you expecting? I have spoke to a number of men who have managed at club level within the county, and the response has been the same - there's no queue of men interested in the job. In fact I would go so far as to say the Co Board will be glad to get anyone at this stage. No call to be slagging off Eamonn Burns. How many managers in the county have had success? Let's go through them using championship success over last 15 years
McCorry - treated horribly by Co Board and also this Board
Dawson - would appear that majority of this Board don't want him either
Mickey Linden - doesn't appear to want it
Jackie McManus - does he still manage?
Think Bryansford had a win in 2003??? - can't remember manager - was it Eamonn?

Should we appoint an outsider? Personally speaking no - think we should save as much ££££ as possible until we are in a better position financially and playing wise.
Straight question Sam - would you take the job?

spirit0f91and94

Eamonn trained that team in 03.
Well said leonardo!

SamFever

Quote from: Leonardo on October 26, 2015, 08:11:38 PM
@SamFever - who are you expecting? I have spoke to a number of men who have managed at club level within the county, and the response has been the same - there's no queue of men interested in the job. In fact I would go so far as to say the Co Board will be glad to get anyone at this stage. No call to be slagging off Eamonn Burns. How many managers in the county have had success? Let's go through them using championship success over last 15 years
McCorry - treated horribly by Co Board and also this Board
Dawson - would appear that majority of this Board don't want him either
Mickey Linden - doesn't appear to want it
Jackie McManus - does he still manage?
Think Bryansford had a win in 2003??? - can't remember manager - was it Eamonn?

Should we appoint an outsider? Personally speaking no - think we should save as much ££££ as possible until we are in a better position financially and playing wise.
Straight question Sam - would you take the job?
And a straight answer back-No but I don't think Eamon Burns should either. No offence but he has neither the charisma nor ability to do so and is better suited to doing what he has been doing,getting a few £'s from lunatic Clubs in the middle layers of Down Club Football!

Leonardo

So that's me and Sam both out of the running ;D
Don't get me wrong, Eamonns record at managerial level isn't outstanding, but he has managed teams for a while now,and he has played the game to a very high level. If he gets the job, I will wish him well.
I go back to my original post, it's not a very appealing job. It's a full time post these days, and the scrutiny from the media and from the public is intense.
I'm away now to play FIFA - trying to succeed where Brendan Rodgers failed

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: SamFever on October 26, 2015, 09:07:18 PM
No offence but he has neither the charisma nor ability to do so and is better suited to doing what he has been doing,getting a few £'s from lunatic Clubs in the middle layers of Down Club Football!

No offence, but you must be pretty clueless to not be able to see that the job is seen as a poison chalice.

Expectations within the county are completely out of line with the standards of the playing pool and the county board have shown their word to be worth f__k all and their patience to be non-existent.

Eamonn Burns is doing the county board a favour by bailing them out of a mess completely of their own making.

They should never have undermined McCorry* and to be honest, there are a number of f__kwits on this board who probably affected the thinking of some of the more gullible board members in that vote of no-confidence.

*and definitely never undermined him without a plan.

Good luck to Eamonn Burns if he does take it - he'll need all the luck going.
i usse an speelchekor

OgraAnDun

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 26, 2015, 09:34:29 PM
No offence but he has neither the charisma nor ability to do so and is better suited to doing what he has been doing,getting a few £'s from lunatic Clubs in the middle layers of Down Club Football!

No offence, but you must be pretty clueless to not be able to see that the job is seen as a poison chalice.

Expectations within the county are completely out of line with the standards of the playing pool and the county board have shown their word to be worth f__k all and their patience to be non-existent.

Eamonn Burns is doing the county board a favour by bailing them out of a mess completely of their own making.

They should never have undermined McCorry* and to be honest, there are a number of f__kwits on this board who probably affected the thinking of some of the more gullible board members in that vote of no-confidence.

Completely agree with virtually everything that has been said. It appears that nobody wants the job and Burns is throwing the county board a lifeline. Only disagreement I have is that I think McCorry probably should have gone - but ONLY if the clubs rejected him. Once the clubs ratified him that should have been the matter put to bed and the committee should have looked at the mandate given to McCorry by the clubs and backed him.

At least if he was booted by the clubs we might have a few more candidates interested and not put off by an autocratic CB committee.

wobbller

We'll all wish him well but there must have been some amount of candidates asked to get as far as Eamon being the preferred choice

knockitdown

Dawson confirmed as mayobridges manager on Twitter

Line Ball

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on October 26, 2015, 09:34:29 PM

Right, so your reckon that we have influenced "the more gullible board members" to vote out Mc Corry.  2 things, I would like to think that most have opinions and views of their own and secondly do they even know that this site exists?  Why would they believe the crap that is spouted on here if they do follow it anyway?

Eamon Burns has always come across a decent sort, not getting wrapped up in some of the crap you see along the line.  He was a steady player and will hopefully get the respect of all the players from what he did as a Down player himself. Good luck to him, I think he might need it.

spirit0f91and94

Quote from: knockitdown on October 26, 2015, 10:07:49 PM

That was quick 💶💰💶💰
Backward step Frank..

SamFever

If Eamon gets the job he'll need more than good luck.

T O Hare

Quote from: spirit0f91and94 on October 26, 2015, 10:16:45 PM

That was quick 💶💰💶💰
Backward step Frank..
[/quote

Couldn't get Gormley
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Line Ball

Quote from: T O Hare on October 26, 2015, 10:36:28 PM
Quote from: spirit0f91and94 on October 26, 2015, 10:16:45 PM

That was quick 💶💰💶💰
Backward step Frank..
[/quote

Couldn't get Gormley

Square Ball will be delighted with that.  Hope you don't draw Liatroim in the championship next year  ;)

Predictor

Has anyone thought of McCorrys Backroom team as stepping up for manager
Mark Copeland
John Morgan
Anyone else

gaamann

T O Hare why Dawson can you see what the attraction is its a honest question maybe I am missing something.