The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcwregor

This is horrendous. What are we at? Who is responsible?
After all the good work done with resurrecting the setanta programme and this years minors its a real shame to see this happening.

Keyser Söze

I share your skepticism regarding his sincerity & motives Robbo, but the results aren't his fault.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadsane

Quote from: Robbo on August 27, 2022, 11:44:35 PM
You're doing a great service sharing those results.
The Tipp Games Dev twitter account, for example, didn't but important that you get to make your point.
Convenient how the result of Laois 5-11 to Wexford 1-7 wasn't posted in his reply.

clonadmad

Keep shooting the messenger lads instead of addressing any of the issues I've raised at any stage

clonadmad

Quote from: clonadsane on August 28, 2022, 01:07:13 PM
Quote from: Robbo on August 27, 2022, 11:44:35 PM
You're doing a great service sharing those results.
The Tipp Games Dev twitter account, for example, didn't but important that you get to make your point.
Convenient how the result of Laois 5-11 to Wexford 1-7 wasn't posted in his reply.

The same Wexford team that were beaten 3-11 to 0-03 by Kerry in the shield B final?

That Wexford team?

But yeah better to send those young lads down there to get massacred and shove it under the carpet rather than highlighting the issues and doing something about it

clonadsane

Context is key here. That same Kerry team that Kilkenny only beat by 6 points? Very easy to throw up results with no context. You mention 15s, a quick scroll through the twitter links you've posted shows that they got to a final? And if things are so bad, what are you doing to affect change aside from slaughter our kids online?

clonadmad

Quote from: clonadsane on August 28, 2022, 02:24:19 PM
Context is key here. That same Kerry team that Kilkenny only beat by 6 points? Very easy to throw up results with no context. You mention 15s, a quick scroll through the twitter links you've posted shows that they got to a final? And if things are so bad, what are you doing to affect change aside from slaughter our kids online?

Are you actually defending the set up

unbelievable if you are

Kerry beat that Wexford team out the gate,so there's your context

The 15s are being beaten by club teams!!!

They got to a C final

As for the charge of "slaughtering kids online"

Have you read any of my posts up to now,go back to any page here and you will see the opposite

I have been ranting and to be honest wasting my time in highlighting issues with years and the response from most has either been defensive or attacking me,few if any have ever directed their fire where it should be directed.

Why don't you get involved?

You've a son involved

burdizzo

In fairness, I don't think it should be left to players' parents to take up management and/ or backroom roles. It compromises them and their sons. I know it happens all the time at club level out of necessity, but at county level it should be avoided as much as possible. Besides, I'm pretty sure there is at least one father involved w/ the u15s - but only because there was no one else willing to do it at the start. Of course, it's the same w/ the u16s - although in that case the manager's son was with the minors most of the year so it wasn't an issue.

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on August 28, 2022, 03:54:55 PM
In fairness, I don't think it should be left to players' parents to take up management and/ or backroom roles. It compromises them and their sons. I know it happens all the time at club level out of necessity, but at county level it should be avoided as much as possible. Besides, I'm pretty sure there is at least one father involved w/ the u15s - but only because there was no one else willing to do it at the start. Of course, it's the same w/ the u16s - although in that case the manager's son was with the minors most of the year so it wasn't an issue.

Parents involved with sons and daughters brings a myriad of issues even at club level but if there's no one willing to get involved

What should parents do ?

Stand idly by?

I also heard that Laois teams weren't listed 1 to 15 on the program because jerseys went missing and weren't replaced

Absolutely shameful if true

Zooming around

Are the football squads in similar/better/worse shape?

burdizzo

I heard from a parent whose son is on both u15 squads that the football set-up is way better.

mcwregor

7 years since I started this thread.  The set up underage appears to have gotten worse in that time. What will it be like in another 7 years?? Why can't we set up a robust long term plan for hurling in laois that encompasses the setanta programme leading on to our development squads. It should be that difficult or cost that  much. The senior managers job is almost not worth talking about until we get our act together underage

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on August 28, 2022, 04:57:50 PM

The 15 football set up is better in spite of rather than  due to any support from the CB,Mentors are driving it themselves whilst battling those that should be helping them

The 14 set up ran divisional trials in March/April but unlike the hurling there was actually management in place to view the games

Squad put together and started to train in May probably would get similar hidings if there was a football Forristal but there's 6-9 mentors in place and they are working to a plan for the next 12-14 months

The default setting appears to be the word No to most suggestions mentors put in place and most of these requests aren't costing a nickel to implement

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on August 29, 2022, 09:07:57 AM

The 15 football set up is better in spite of rather than  due to any support from the CB,Mentors are driving it themselves whilst battling those that should be helping them

The 14 set up ran divisional trials in March/April but unlike the hurling there was actually management in place to view the games

Squad put together and started to train in May probably would get similar hidings if there was a football Forristal but there's 6-9 mentors in place and they are working to a plan for the next 12-14 months

The default setting appears to be the word No to most suggestions mentors put in place and most of these requests aren't costing a nickel to implement

Apologies for all the questions but you seem to know your way around the squads. Would you know why a request for something that doesn't cost a nickel would be turned down.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on August 29, 2022, 09:36:33 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on August 29, 2022, 09:07:57 AM

Apologies for all the questions but you seem to know your way around the squads. Would you know why a request for something that doesn't cost a nickel would be turned down.

Apathy?

Having to go beyond the bare minimum in a job your paid to do?

A culture of accepting the lowest common denominator?

Not giving a shit and not being held to account?

And as was proved by Laois in the Forristal in 2017 and by the Minors this year,the talent is within the county

But we as adults are failing the kids of the county

Every

Single

Year