Michael Murphy

Started by BennyCake, October 28, 2013, 09:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

The man's a genius, and deserves his own thread. I reckon he's the best player in Ireland right now.

He put in a majestic performance against Australia, and in last weeks Donegal final by all accounts, just 24 hours after playing for Ireland in Cavan.

The man has everything. High fielding, can set up scores, great free taker, can play in a few positions, an accurate scorer, great strength and stamina.

He's one of the few players in the game that is worth paying in to see.

Milltown Row2

Come to Ballybofey next week, hopefully he won't be as good ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

yeah i would say hes the best player in ireland right now, likely was 2yrs ago too only Jim Guinness played him to far out the field to be effective and only seen sense in the final

Rossfan

Quote from: BennyCake on October 28, 2013, 09:29:56 PM
The man's a genius, and deserves his own thread. I reckon he's the best player in Ireland right now.

He put in a majestic performance against Australia, and in last weeks Donegal final by all accounts, just 24 hours after playing for Ireland in Cavan.

The man has everything. High fielding, can set up scores, great free taker, can play in a few positions, an accurate scorer, great strength and stamina.

Don't be upsetting Jinxy with this kind of praise of an elitist GPA member who dared play in the IR "shite".
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

nrico2006

Colm Cooper is the best.  Murphy is good, but sometimes reports can exaggerrated about performances, i.e man of the match last week in the County final because he scored 1-5 yet none were from play.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Wee Roddy

The Gooch is the best player in Ireland at the minute. I don't think there is any question about it but Murphy is out on his own in 2nd place even if he is a darling of the media because of his nature I suppose. The man just brings class to everything he does both on and off the field. I always think that when a man is captain of his county at such a young age then he is special.

screenexile

That's all well and good about the Gooch being the best right now Murphy has another 7 years to get to the Gooch's age . . . he'll be the best around very shortly!

A colossus of a man with 2 feet, great free taker, leader, great in the air. There aren't too many like him around now!

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Sidney

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 29, 2013, 08:27:35 AM
The Gooch is the best player in Ireland at the minute. I don't think there is any question about it but Murphy is out on his own in 2nd place even if he is a darling of the media because of his nature I suppose. The man just brings class to everything he does both on and off the field. I always think that when a man is captain of his county at such a young age then he is special.
The Gooch is the best player of all-time.

nrico2006

Quote from: Sidney on October 29, 2013, 12:44:58 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 29, 2013, 08:27:35 AM
The Gooch is the best player of all-time.

I wouldn't go that far, but he is up there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J70

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 29, 2013, 08:22:25 AM

Colm Cooper is the best.  Murphy is good, but sometimes reports can exaggerrated about performances, i.e man of the match last week in the County final because he scored 1-5 yet none were from play.

His man of the match award had zero to do with his score total.

Get some info on his actual performance before commenting.

Schkite

Quote from: J70 on October 29, 2013, 05:49:01 PM

A small segment from the game but his flick in the build up to another of Glenswilly's goals was a brilliant bit of improvisation and skill, something that almost all other players wouldn't even think of, or would make a balls of, but Murphy executed it perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLQyK6quM4

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the best player in Ireland right now, but he's up there and he has many years left.

From the Bunker

Have to say I hate these things unless the player has retired or died.

J OGorman

The man has everything. High fielding, can set up scores, great free taker, can play in a few p ositions, an accurate scorer, great strength and stamina.

A. Did you watch the final? B. Do you watch much winter football with its personal high scoring returns from play ?

Murphy is a class act on and off the pitch. His maturity in the days, weeks and months after winning Sam was exceptional for someone so young. .such adulation has wrecked men way beyond Murphys years

JimStynes

Quote from: Schkite on October 29, 2013, 06:10:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 29, 2013, 05:49:01 PM

A small segment from the game but his flick in the build up to another of Glenswilly's goals was a brilliant bit of improvisation and skill, something that almost all other players wouldn't even think of, or would make a balls of, but Murphy executed it perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLQyK6quM4

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's the best player in Ireland right now, but he's up there and he has many years left.

Am I the only one who thinks this flick is overrated and nothing special? Still he is some talent, complete beast of a man. For me the Gooch is out on his own as best in the game at the minute.