Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Goal Danny Kirby.

Breaffy 0-02 Mitchells 1-01

Syferus

Syferus

ballinaman

Mitchells moving the ball quickly compared to Breaffy...looking like they have more scoring options. If Breaffy dominate midfield in the 2nd half and with strong wind, aren't out of it yet.

Syferus

Mitchells very deserving winners. Far too laboured up front, though, and if they don't improve massively in that area Corofin will railroad them.

Mano

Quote from: Syferus on October 27, 2013, 03:39:29 PM
Brigid's 2-10 Tourlestrane 0-09 FT.

Brigid's ran away with it early in the second half with a goal and some good team points. Goal came from a mis-placed EOH pass. Tourlestrane to their credit ended well (Cake had to make a circus save) but the contest was long over and Brigid's had cleared the bench by that point.

Good performance but further progress is needed in the next game if a Connacht title is in Brigids' future.
Goals came at crucial times for Brigids. They were struggling to breakdown the packed Tourlestrane defence for first goal and were only 4 up with gale at their backs late in the first half. 2 defenders went to pick ball up, it spilled out to Dolan who side footed in. Woeful by EOH for second goal, kicked ball across the pitch to. Brigids man. Game was still up for grabs at that stage despite the score line as wind was so strong.
Winter football suits this Brigids team as they are big strong physical team. They will be hard beaten especially if they get a few players back. Tourlestrane lacked physical strength to compete at times today.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on October 27, 2013, 05:06:33 PM
Mitchells very deserving winners. Far too laboured up front, though, and if they don't improve massively in that area Corofin will railroad them.

That I fear is the end of the road for Mitchels. But don't underestimate the conditions both teams had to play in.

ross4life

Poor game in Hyde park i don't think Tourlestrane helped themselves with their negative tactics, why they didn't throw off the shackles like Clan,St Faithleachs did v Brigids was strange. A comfortable win for Brigids so they won't be complaining & onto to Carrick now.  The likes of  Glencar,Kiltubrid have pushed them all the way and they will know what to expect from the Leitrim champions.

Only got to see the 1st half of the Mayo final Barry Moran really stood out against the O'Sheas & for me hes the best all round midfielder Mayo have but i suppose its about keeping him fit.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

Quote from: ross4life on October 27, 2013, 07:36:13 PM
Poor game in Hyde park i don't think Tourlestrane helped themselves with their negative tactics, why they didn't throw off the shackles like Clan,St Faithleachs did v Brigids was strange. A comfortable win for Brigids so they won't be complaining & onto to Carrick now.  The likes of  Glencar,Kiltubrid have pushed them all the way and they will know what to expect from the Leitrim champions.

Only got to see the 1st half of the Mayo final Barry Moran really stood out against the O'Sheas & for me hes the best all round midfielder Mayo have but i suppose its about keeping him fit.

Oh it is! He was one of our best players in 2012. Forgotten about this year due to injury.

ross4life

Results from today

Intermediate semi Finals Eslin 1-5 Boyle  4-22,  Kiltane 2-12 Drumcliffe Rosses Point 4-5

Junior semi final

Headford 1-11 Cill Chomain 1-7

The very best of luck to Fuerty,Boyle in the Connacht finals.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

Quote from: ross4life on November 03, 2013, 05:03:23 PM
Results from today

Intermediate semi Finals Eslin 1-5 Boyle  4-22,  Kiltane 2-12 Drumcliffe Rosses Point 4-5

Junior semi final

Headford 1-11 Cill Chomain 1-7

The very best of luck to Fuerty,Boyle in the Connacht finals.

Some game between Kiltane and Drumcliffe Rosses Point. Kiltane led by 11 at the beginning of the second half. Fair dues to DRP to sticking with it and nearly catching the Mayo side.

Farrandeelin

It would be awful if Drumcliffe actually won the bloody game!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 03, 2013, 08:03:56 PM
It would be awful if Drumcliffe actually won the bloody game!

Oh, I know that. Hope it's the kick up the arse Kiltane probably need to push on. Still respect to DRP in sticking with it.

ross4life

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 03, 2013, 07:59:51 PM
Some game between Kiltane and Drumcliffe Rosses Point. Kiltane led by 11 at the beginning of the second half. Fair dues to DRP to sticking with it and nearly catching the Mayo side.
Yes sounded like a good game alright only caught the 2nd half on mid west, Sligo intermediate sides are getting into a habit with these fightbacks http://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/sport/bunninaddens-sensational-win-in-connacht-championship-28913298.html

Less said about the effort from Eslin the better. Should be a good high scoring final with plenty of forward talent on show.