Connacht senior,intermediate,junior club football championships 2013

Started by ross4life, September 10, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Best of luck to Kiltane tomorrow as they venture into Connacht.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Congrats to Boyle on winning Ros intermediate final 2-12 to 2-9 v Tulsk. Another result, Connacht IFC QF - Kiltane 1-15 Menlough 0-9

Connacht IFC semi finals set for Nov 3rd

Eslin(Leitrim) v  Boyle- Roscommon venue         

Drumcliffe Rosses Point(Sligo)   v Kiltane - Mayo venue

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

Quote from: ross4life on October 20, 2013, 04:51:09 PM
Congrats to Boyle on winning Ros intermediate final 2-12 to 2-9 v Tulsk. Another result, Connacht IFC QF - Kiltane 1-15 Menlough 0-9

Eslin won the Junior Chamionship in 2010 and played my own club in the Connacht Junior final. They had a decent player up front called Conor Beirne. Is he still playing?

rodney trotter

Conor Berine is only 21/22 so I'd imagine he is still playing. He was one of the 4 dropped from the Leitrim Senior panel before the championship for discipline reasons.

ross4life

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 20, 2013, 08:26:38 PM
Quote from: ross4life on October 20, 2013, 04:51:09 PM

Eslin won the Junior Chamionship in 2010 and played my own club in the Connacht Junior final. They had a decent player up front called Conor Beirne. Is he still playing?

He is indeed would be around 22 now & scored all of Eslin scores in the Leitrim Inter final, good county player also but like his brother Mossy has discipline problems.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Don Corleone

Quote from: ross4life on October 20, 2013, 08:42:22 PM
He is indeed would be around 22 now & scored all of Eslin scores in the Leitrim Inter final, good county player also but like his brother Mossy has discipline problems.

Harsh to say they have discipline problems. Have they incurred the wrath of referees anywhere over the years?
Maybe they enjoy a pint or two........ ;)
Why did you go to the police? Why didn't you come to me first?

ross4life

Mayo senior final & Connacht senior quarter final on this Sunday & Brigids,Castlebar expected to progress. A recap of the Connacht championship fixtures.

Senior

Quarter-Final   27th October   
2pm- Hyde Park -  St. Brigids v Tourlestrane        

Semi Finals 10th November   
2pm - Galway venue - Corofin v Castlebar Mitchels/Breaffy
2pm -  Sligo/Leitrim venue - St. Marys Kiltoghert v  St. Brigids v Tourlestrane

Final   24th November

Intermediate

Semi Finals November 3rd
1 30 PM - Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada   - Eslin v Boyle         
3 30 PM - MacHale Park - Drumcliffe Rosses Point v Kiltane

Final November 17th

Junior

Semi final November 3rd
2 00 PM - MacHale Park - Headford v Cill Chomain

Final 16th November
Fuerty  v

=================

London senior final also on this Sunday Kingdom Kerry Gaels v Tir Chonaill Gaels & the winner of the senior Connacht championship will have trip over to Ruislip in the middle of December. I presume its the same at other levels though at junior level you had to face the Manchester winners.

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on October 25, 2013, 07:45:15 PM
Mayo senior final & Connacht senior quarter final on this Sunday & Brigids,Castlebar expected to progress. A recap of the Connacht championship fixtures.

Senior

Quarter-Final   27th October   
2pm- Hyde Park -  St. Brigids v Tourlestrane        

Semi Finals 10th November   
2pm - Galway venue - Corofin v Castlebar Mitchels/Breaffy
2pm -  Sligo/Leitrim venue - St. Marys Kiltoghert v  St. Brigids v Tourlestrane

Final   24th November

Intermediate

Semi Finals November 3rd
1 30 PM - Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada   - Eslin v Boyle         
3 30 PM - MacHale Park - Drumcliffe Rosses Point v Kiltane

Final November 17th

Junior

Semi final November 3rd
2 00 PM - MacHale Park - Headford v Cill Chomain

Final 16th November
Fuerty  v

=================

London senior final also on this Sunday Kingdom Kerry Gaels v Tir Chonaill Gaels & the winner of the senior Connacht championship will have trip over to Ruislip in the middle of December. I presume its the same at other levels though at junior level you had to face the Manchester winners.

Can see three Roscommon enterants feature in the three Connacht finals this year. Will be huge for any of them to win, even Brigids.

Zulu

Juniors play the winners of Britain not Manchester. One of the British qf on this Sunday anyway though no sure abou the rest.

ross4life

Quote from: Zulu on October 26, 2013, 12:20:17 PM
Juniors play the winners of Britain not Manchester. One of the British qf on this Sunday anyway though no sure abou the rest.

Yes that would be correct. Was wrong about the Connacht winners facing the London champions as its Ulster champs turn this year.

sligoman2

Best wishes to my home club tourlestrane today against the ai champions.

You never know, we usually are good when no one gives us a chance.  Although we are up against a very good team
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

macdanger2

Out of the country at the moment and only have poor wifi on my phone, if someone can post updates on the Mayo co final, I'd appreciate it

Syferus

Brigid's 1-06 to Tourlestrane 0-01 HT.

Easier than expected so far. Serious downpour ongoing and Tourle will have the wind advantage in the second half.

Syferus

Brigid's 2-10 Tourlestrane 0-09 FT.

Brigid's ran away with it early in the second half with a goal and some good team points. Goal came from a mis-placed EOH pass. Tourlestrane to their credit ended well (Cake had to make a circus save) but the contest was long over and Brigid's had cleared the bench by that point.

Good performance but further progress is needed in the next game if a Connacht title is in Brigids' future.