Staying power

Started by tiempo, November 21, 2014, 03:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Hey, a non-story about some mug of an English MP but all the same, where is the perspective, common sense and backbone to these people? I think Russell Brand has it right, its time for revolutionary politics. Darwinism and survival of the fittest does not apply to politics, these people are not the cream of society but bottom feeders leeching off big business, pound signs, crooks and spooferism, the majority are promoted to the level of their incompetence and would probably struggle to do a proper days work in the real world.

Probably better that this excuse of an MP packed her bags. She offered her resignation to David Milliband on their second conversation...! I'd say most people I know would fancy themselves in a disagreement with David Milliband. She really needs to get a grip and dig those heels in, take a leaf out of our wans book and refuse to apologise or feck all... The Unionists in the occupied 6 think their British culture is being eroded, there is an even bigger crisis of confidence on the "mainland" and it isn't going away any time soon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-30148768

thebigfella

Quote from: tiempo on November 21, 2014, 03:19:56 PM
Hey, a non-story about some mug of an English MP but all the same, where is the perspective, common sense and backbone to these people? I think Russell Brand has it right, its time for revolutionary politics. Darwinism and survival of the fittest does not apply to politics, these people are not the cream of society but bottom feeders leeching off big business, pound signs, crooks and spooferism, the majority are promoted to the level of their incompetence and would probably struggle to do a proper days work in the real world.

Probably better that this excuse of an MP packed her bags. She offered her resignation to David Milliband on their second conversation...! I'd say most people I know would fancy themselves in a disagreement with David Milliband. She really needs to get a grip and dig those heels in, take a leaf out of our wans book and refuse to apologise or feck all... The Unionists in the occupied 6 think their British culture is being eroded, there is an even bigger crisis of confidence on the "mainland" and it isn't going away any time soon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-30148768

Sean Lock summed up Brand pretty well on 8 out of 10 cats.

http://www.bigsoft.co.uk/blog/index.php/2014/11/10/sean-locks-view-of-russell-brand

dec

Ed Milliband, David is the older brother who didn't get elected Labour leader.

thewobbler

Anyone who doesn't vote deserves horrible politicians.

It's very difficult to be a successful middleground politician, as you don't play the emotive cards. Proper middleground shouldn't be playing at all.

It might take multiple generations for something tangible to come from it, but if all the non-voters got off their arses and voted for the 'least worst' now, it might encourage someone 'less worse' to stand the next time, someone 'less worse again' the following time. Eventually we might get someone 'good' to stand.

tiempo

The "saga" goes on. Surely one of the most impotent political responses of all time from Eds.

"I feel respect when I see a white van"

I think Ed is going for the political version of death by a thousand paper cuts.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ed-miliband-on-relating-to-workingclass-voters-i-feel-respect-when-i-see-a-white-van-9875955.html

Franko

Ed Miliband is a complete limp noodle.  He's doing as much damage to labour at the minute as Adams is to Sinn Fein.

muppet

Quote from: Franko on November 22, 2014, 01:14:24 PM
Ed Miliband is a complete limp noodle.  He's doing as much damage to labour at the minute as Adams is to Sinn Fein.

Leadership seems to be a very rare commodity in politics these days. Particularly on this island.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

It's like the script of "The Thick of it"

Just waiting for Ed to be "spotted" playing darts or in a bookies putting a football bet on
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney