Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on November 04, 2019, 04:29:21 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 04, 2019, 04:04:54 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 04, 2019, 03:48:14 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 04, 2019, 09:58:11 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 03, 2019, 06:09:04 AM
Vicious KO from Canelo after a boring enough scrap up to that point. He's a remarkable fighter.

It was some KO alright, think he was behind at the time too.

Canelo now surely one of the greatest ever? Got to hand it to him.

An amazing rise through the weights. Surely he has to go back down a little though because the reach did look a bit of an issue in the highlights that I watched.

He's probably running out of opposition which is a credit to him (despite not winning the first GGG fight - He would probably put him away now in a trilogy).

Callum Smith or Andrade won't exactly sell.

Got to give it to Floyd, he knew exactly what he was doing when he put him on his record back then.

Would Canelo/Smith not be a fairly big fight in the UK? Granted smith wouldn't be the biggest name worldwide though.

Canelo has went left field before....never thought he'd take the Kahn fight, you could well be proven right. But it would probably have to be in the US like Fielding before him,

JimStynes

Canelo's legacy is tainted for me because of the drugs scandal but everyone else seems to have forgotten about it

lurganblue

Callum Smith is bigger than Kovalev and has an even longer reach. I just cant see that fight happening.

gallsman

Smith is a cracking boxer and would give Canelo a serious test. Revenge for the brother narrative could be sold etc

Boycey

Not even sure this deserves to be in the boxing thread but what's the deal with these two YouTubers/vlogers or whatever they fcuk they are that are fighting tonight, PPV ffs.....

Young fella described it to me as like Messi fighting Ronaldo which I suppose I'd find moderately interesting  :). Who are these guys and why do so many care?

Nanderson

Quote from: Boycey on November 09, 2019, 05:39:40 PM
Not even sure this deserves to be in the boxing thread but what's the deal with these two YouTubers/vlogers or whatever they fcuk they are that are fighting tonight, PPV ffs.....

Young fella described it to me as like Messi fighting Ronaldo which I suppose I'd find moderately interesting  :). Who are these guys and why do so many care?
Should probably give both dudes the credit they deserve. They are in no way professional boxers but they are going to give it a go. Both guys have over 20 million subscribers and bar Mayweather, Pac and Ali would any other boxer have that many fans?

JimStynes

I wish Conrad Cummings would just pack it in. He's going to get himself seriously hurt.

Jim Bob

Quote from: JimStynes on November 10, 2019, 06:00:13 AM
I wish Conrad Cummings would just pack it in. He's going to get himself seriously hurt.

Agree. Getting beat by every Tom Dick and Harry

bennydorano

Wilder pulls it out of the fire again with Ortiz, getting schooled  for 7 rounds and then Blammo again, his luck is going go run out some day soon. I'd heavily fancy Fury if the rematch happens next as planned - he just has to dodge the killer blow.

Watched Callum Smith v Ryder last night, plenty giving off on Twitter about the scoring and I'd have to agree, very tight fight but correct winner imo.

Boycey

Wilder has got a serious dig on him in fairness....

Jim Bob

Quote from: Boycey on November 24, 2019, 02:04:54 PM

Fury got the full throttle from him and got up.

nrico2006

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 24, 2019, 06:13:35 PM

Would he get up again though? Fury will be better but Wilder will likely connect at some point again. It's not luck when he always does it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 24, 2019, 06:13:35 PM

Fury did in fairness to him but doesn't alter my point.

laoislad

What time is the Joshua Ruiz fight due to start?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.