Late Late Toy Show

Started by Just Puck It, November 26, 2010, 09:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Puck It

Anyone else watch this annually?  Anyone think the hourly countdown on the radio is really justified? Maybe it's a lot bigger in the south but I don't know too many that talk about it up here!

As hypocritical as it sounds, I'm watching it now.  Twins Aoife and David about to start boxing!

Maguire01

Quote from: Just Puck It on November 26, 2010, 09:56:09 PM
Anyone else watch this annually?  Anyone think the hourly countdown on the radio is really justified? Maybe it's a lot bigger in the south but I don't know too many that talk about it up here!

As hypocritical as it sounds, I'm watching it now.  Twins Aoife and David about to start boxing!
What is the hourly countdown all about? Haven't watched it in years.

lurganblue

I usually sit down every year and watch it. We are all gathered watching it now. Tradition I suppose

BennyHarp

I used to love this show when I was a kid! Are the jimmy barry murphy dancers (or whatever they are called) still on these days?
That was never a square ball!!

andoireabu

Wonder is tuburdy going to keep that jumper?!!
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Hoof Hearted

No, he is leaving it back into Rafters tomorrow, you can pick it up after 12.00
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ziggysego

He much better with the kids than Pat the Plank ever was.
Testing Accessibility

caughtredhanded

That cub singing 'The Gambler' is a legend! ;D

Just Puck It

QuoteHe much better with the kids than Pat the Plank ever was.

He is for sure.  Never liked Pat doing the show.  Seemed to have more interest in the toys than paying attention to the kids showing them off - just never seemed to have any rapore with them!

Anyone know the craic with tickets for the show? Must be golddust! Your Christmas shopping done in one night!

Peter Solan the Great

The last kid wants to be fashion designer ::)

Milltown Row2

Have watched this over the years, great stuff.

Have bought (well my lovely wife has) some of the toys that have been on show so far. I want the wee helicopters..... for the kids of course
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

upmonaghansayswe

Jaysus, Seamus and yer wee girl were just gettin goin on the farm and he moved on.. The silo and diet feeder looked cool..

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: Just Puck It on November 26, 2010, 10:57:16 PM
QuoteHe much better with the kids than Pat the Plank ever was.

He is for sure.  Never liked Pat doing the show.  Seemed to have more interest in the toys than paying attention to the kids showing them off - just never seemed to have any rapore with them!

Anyone know the craic with tickets for the show? Must be golddust! Your Christmas shopping done in one night!

yeah does anyone know the craic with tickets for it ?  There's something at the back of my head about winning them through the RTE guide but not sure if that's the case.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Shamrock Shore

Anyone recall the good old days when Gaybo had a slot especially for Irish made toys?

99.9% of them were made from wood and Gaybo used to take great pleasure in kicking the shite out of them to demonstrate how good and sturdy they were.

Kinda the opposite of one of the priests in Fr. Ted.

"Cowboys Ted, they are nothing but a bunch of feckin cowboys"

Rois

What about the book part at the end with the wee guy who had read "Dirty Bertie"?

To be fair to Ryan, he did show all the Irish-made board games at the start, and quite a few of the books were written in Ireland.

Tis like the Rose of Tralee for me, I'll watch both till I die.