Club Championships Jan-Mar 2019

Started by Ball Hopper, December 10, 2018, 01:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 09, 2019, 06:20:25 PM
I see on the twitter feed for our Kerry friends they call themselves a Kerry Senior club. Oh the irony! The set up is skewered as the Kerry teams are not the same level as their junior and inter opponents. Kerry barely register at senior level on the club scene as they dont have this advantage.
Dr Crokes and An Gaeltacht say G'day

Wildweasel74

Yeah 2 teams in the past 25yrs. Hardly dominating

galwayman

Quote from: TheMaster on February 09, 2019, 06:23:16 PM
Have Beaufort, Kilcummin, Ballyhale, St Thomas backed and need Mayo and Kerry to win me €10k
Jaysus you will be watching the second half from Tralee peering out from behind the couch so...
What odds?

MK

Quote from: TheMaster on February 09, 2019, 06:23:16 PM
Have Beaufort, Kilcummin, Ballyhale, St Thomas backed and need Mayo and Kerry to win me €10k

Well done .....although the Dublin drift ultimately proved in your favour  ;)

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 09, 2019, 03:49:17 PM
Just switched on the AI junior final 35 mins played and Easkey 0-1 Beaufort 3-10  :o

This is the Disgrace that is allowed to happen. Kerry are entering what is in reality a Intermediate B team.

nrico2006

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 09, 2019, 09:05:29 PM
Just switched on the AI junior final 35 mins played and Easkey 0-1 Beaufort 3-10  :o

This is the Disgrace that is allowed to happen. Kerry are entering what is in reality a Intermediate B team.

Do Kerry have multiple Junior championships like they do at senior. I know Lispole won one and Beaufort also.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

From the Bunker

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 10, 2019, 10:42:04 AM

Do Kerry have multiple Junior championships like they do at senior. I know Lispole won one and Beaufort also.

Kerry have one Junior Championship each year. There is a grade below Junior called the Novice Championship, but is a different Competition. There is a Senior championship and ''The'' Championship made of the 8 Senior teams, regions and amalgamations.

GaillimhIarthair

The very best of luck to Oranmore Maree in the Intermediate final v Charleville this afternoon. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 10, 2019, 11:48:31 AM
The very best of luck to Oranmore Maree in the Intermediate final v Charleville this afternoon.

I think they have a great chance, a bit of urgency though throughout the game and keep pilling on the scores.. good luck also to our Top referee looking after the match and his Umpires
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamus

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 10, 2019, 11:12:05 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 10, 2019, 10:42:04 AM

Kerry have one Junior Championship each year. There is a grade below Junior called the Novice Championship, but is a different Competition. There is a Senior championship and ''The'' Championship made of the 8 Senior teams, regions and amalgamations.

Last year Kerry renamed the Junior and Novice Championships to Junior Premier and Junior. Beaufort won the Junior Premier, Lispole won the Junior.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Milltown Row2

What a great display of heart courage and some fine skill from Castleblaney at Croke Park there now.. tiredness and wind advantage proving to be their downfall.. winning with 8 minutes to go they pushed this a Kilkenny team the whole way.. the Kilkenny team were 1/33
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GalwayBayBoy

Some come back win from Oranmore Maree. 6 points down at half time. Win by 6.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 10, 2019, 04:40:19 PM
Some come back win from Oranmore Maree. 6 points down at half time. Win by 6.

I fancied them strongly, though Charville were slicker in the first half, the county lad was running the show, they never left the changing rooms at halftime.

First Galway team to win intermediate

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2019, 02:49:45 PM
What a great display of heart courage and some fine skill from Castleblaney at Croke Park there now.. tiredness and wind advantage proving to be their downfall.. winning with 8 minutes to go they pushed this a Kilkenny team the whole way.. the Kilkenny team were 1/33

Having no subs beat us, they had 3/4 of similiar quality to those starting and we didn't. Matched them in every other aspect of the game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on February 10, 2019, 04:58:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2019, 02:49:45 PM

Having no subs beat us, they had 3/4 of similiar quality to those starting and we didn't. Matched them in every other aspect of the game.

Came up to play us after Xmas, I thought the Blaney lads were very good, fit, had a game plan, structure and strong in the tackle.. as you say unfortunately the last 8 minutes you'd no game changer, gutted for the lads.. I thought the 1/33 for the Kilkenny lads was outrageous