Laois SHC 2023

Started by TheGiantSquid, July 31, 2023, 03:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Quote from: John1 on October 27, 2023, 09:21:02 AMNew Senior Management Team confirmed , what's the thoughts on this ?

Underwhelming!

Verbal

Quote from: John1 on October 27, 2023, 09:21:02 AMJudging on that Game it could not justify automatic promotion for the likes of Ballyfin to a 10 Tier Senior Competition as there would be no improvement to the overall standard which should be priority. Some changes needed though to make games more exciting & that competitive edge in Games / Teams before Semi-Finals stages. 

Agreed.
I think a small change of reverting back to the previous system of open draw winners section & loser section would be a help in this regard.
A draw after every round.
Nobody looking ahead to rounds 2 and 3 with easy wins/big beatings likely to come.
I cannot understand how so many felt dead rubber group games would be better than that.

Quote from: John1 on October 27, 2023, 09:21:02 AMCamross could struggle to beat Naas, Naas are an athletic enough side as well as hurling improving massively, Camross will be focused though after seen what Naas did to Shinrone last year id imagine and an early start against Ballyhale too they were 6 up after 10 minutes until Ballyhales class kicked in

I'd expect Naas to win.
As someone else mentioned- hugely athletic & good hurlers.
Camross get into the heads of opponents in Laois- this doesn't seem to transfer outside the county, and 5 in a row county champions unlikely to fall into that trap.

Quote from: John1 on October 27, 2023, 09:21:02 AMNew Senior Management Team confirmed , what's the thoughts on this ?

Has the appearance of adding a few mates. You'd wonder were any other Laois people approached to get involved?
Surely there's somebody around with something to offer who is willing to get involved.

burdizzo

Seems like Camross and Portlaoise put up decent showings, but Colt/ Shanahoe were an embarrassment. Obviously they were never going to win, but scoring 1-1 is a joke. Was there a wedding the night before?

Laois Rising

Sobering set of results this weekend. With Ballyhale not in Leinster this year it really opens the door for the remaining club sides in Leinster. It's a pity Camross weren't able to get into the mix and go on a run similar to C-Balla few years back. Portlaoise will need to find an extra level if they want to properly compete at senior level in Laois next year.   

John1

Camross and Portlaoise defintely competitive. Colt Shanahoe were never going to compete against the KK champs
Be interesting to see where Naas are at next day against Na Fianna. Possible Leinster winners on the other semi final though

Galtee1

That is the reality of where Laois Hurling is at in comparison to KK.
Harsh enough to call Colt Shanahoe an embarrassment. Fair enough 1:1 is a brutal score to put up but they were never going to put it up to the kk champs. As mentioned above Ballacolla went on a good run in Leinster but ultimately got hammered by Ballyhale in the finish.

Ballygowen

1:01 is bad scoring. 4-5 on the county final team not starting/available and a wedding the night before apparently. it still would be a big ask to put up a battle if they had them players. KK junior champions would probably put it up to Portlaoise.

Naas aint a bad team, however camross will be disappointed not beating them. Leinster is wide open this year with Ballyhale not in it.

Ogie

Managers 2024

Senior

Camross Arien Delaney
Abbeyleix PJ Peacock
Rathdowney Errill Martin Power
Clough Ballacolla Willie Hyland
Castletown David Cuddy
Rosenallis - ?
The Harps Alan Guilfoyle
Portlaoise Tommy Fitzgerald

Premier Intermediate

Ballyfin Paul Cuddy
Borris Kilcotton Paudie Bourke
Ballinakill Damien Walsh
Clonaslee Brendan Lowry
Colt Shanahoe - ?
Rathdowney Errill - ?
Camross - ?
Clough Ballacolla - ?

Verbal

They all confirmed?

I think Arien is going to go the way of Howard Kendall. For those of a certain age !

Ogie

Dan Kilmartin staying on with Rosenallis

Disharmony in Rathdowney Errill as Martin Power let go now after being reappointed

Verbal

Quote from: Ogie on January 16, 2024, 10:24:04 AMDan Kilmartin staying on with Rosenallis

Disharmony in Rathdowney Errill as Martin Power let go now after being reappointed

Funny moves! How did they take him back if they weren't happy!
He seemed to have a very peripheral role in the whole set up last year- there were lots of Chiefs!

Blow-in

Quote from: Verbal on January 16, 2024, 10:07:35 PM
Quote from: Ogie on January 16, 2024, 10:24:04 AMDan Kilmartin staying on with Rosenallis

Funny moves! How did they take him back if they weren't happy!
He seemed to have a very peripheral role in the whole set up last year- there were lots of Chiefs!

Oh really do elaborate?

Verbal

Nothing to report except I saw them in a few league & championship games.
He seemed to stand back and defer to others in the set up.
Obviously I don't know what happened behind the scenes!

les Antiques

Quote from: Verbal on January 17, 2024, 10:09:43 PMNothing to report except I saw them in a few league & championship games.
He seemed to stand back and defer to others in the set up.
Obviously I don't know what happened behind the scenes!

Lol

Spiritof1915

Disagreement over money for training the team