All Ireland Club Hurling

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 13, 2006, 11:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

So the four Provinces are down to the Following

Munster

Toomevara (Tipperary) v Mount Sion (Waterford)

Wolfe Tones (Clare) v Erins Own (Cork)

Leinster

Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny) v Birr (Offaly)

Ulster

Winners: Cushendall Ruairi Ogs

Connacht

Loughrea (Galway) v St.Mary’s (Leitrim)/Athleague (Roscommon)

Lecale2

Is the Ballyhale v Birr game on TG4 on Sunday? It could be good. Ballyhale look strong.

youbetterbelieveit

I am not sure it is, i  think TG4 are showing one of the munster semi finals, but would agree it really looks like it will be a cracker. Ballyhale have a very young and determined side and they will be up against a battle hardened Birr side.

kilkennycat2004

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 14, 2006, 09:04:04 AM
Is the Ballyhale v Birr game on TG4 on Sunday? It could be good. Ballyhale look strong.

This game is on Sunday week November 26 & apparently  is live on TG4.

BottleOfStout

From the indo

LOUGHREA and Nemo Rangers have been installed as favourites to win the AIB All-Ireland club hurling and football titles.

The Galway hurling champions are listed at 11/8 to replace 2006 All-Ireland winners, Portumna, whom they beat in a combustible county final, while Nemo, the most successful football club in the history of the competition, are 5/2 to regain the Merrigan Cup.

Loughrea, who won the Galway title for the first time since 1941, look set to take their first Connacht final when they play Athleague (Roscommon) in next Sunday's final.

If they win, they will go into the All-Ireland semi-final against Ulster champs Cushendall. It's Leinster v Munster on the other side.

It will be a major shock if Loughrea don't reach the final, whereas the other side of the draw is much tougher as it features the Leinster and Munster clubs.

ALL-IRELAND CLUB BETTING (Ladbrokes) - Football: Nemo Rangers (Cork) 5/2; Corofin (Galway) 3/1; Crossmaglen Rangers (Armagh) & UCD 5/1; Dr Crokes (Kerry) & Errigal Chiarain (Tyrone) 10/1; Ballinderry (Derry) & St Brigid's (Roscommon) 14/1; Moorefield (Kildare) 16/1; Rhode (Offaly) 20/1; Cargin (Antrim) 66/1; Arles-Killeen (Laois) 80/1; Aherlow (Tipperary) 100/1; Clontibret (Monaghan) & Tyrrellspass (Westmeath) 125/1; The Nire (Waterford) 150/1.

Hurling: Loughrea (Galway) 11/8; Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny) 2/1; Birr (Offaly) 8/1; Erin's Own (Cork) & Mount Sion (Waterford) 10/1; Toomevara (Tipperary) 12/1; Cushendall (Antrim) 14/1; Wolfe Tones (Clare) 20/1.

Hope Loughrea under estimate Cushendall.  They probably will at their peril.  Cushendall are fully confident of at least making the final this year.

GalwayBayBoy

Looking like a Loughrea v Ballyhale final alright but Ballyhale will still have to overcome Birr and the Munster champs which won't be easy for them. Loughrea should have too much for Cushendall.

belleaqua

Its definitely a more open championship than in recent years, dont think Loughrea have the forwards to pull it off but should make Croker on Paddy's Day.

Mount Sion might be worth a pop at 8/1 but i suppose have 3 very hard games to win before they even reach a final.

GaillimhIarthair

Loughrea will probably make the final after a very close battle with Cushebdall but based on what I have seen of them in the championship so far this year, i do not think that they have the forward power to win out overall.  The other side of the draw is very tough but for me its between Ballyhale & Mount Sion.

The football is wide open and very difficult to pick a winner this far out.  I'll reserve judgement until a few more have fallen away................... :)

GalwayBayBoy

Have my doubts that Loughrea can do it as well although if they get to the final it'll all be on the day and to be fair to them they are a very underrated side. Even within Galway. Yes they are big and physical but they can hurl as well when they want to. Might just lack that marquee forward to get them those difficult scores.

Spiritof98

Lads I wouldn't dismiss Cushendall absolutely, the Ulster champs have held their own in recent times and Loughrea might loss focus after bridging a huge gap for their county title
I'll go back if Marsdens back

youbetterbelieveit

might be thinking of putting a few pounds on Cushendall reaching the final, i can see Loughrea stumbling

belleaqua

While I wouldnt write off Cushendall by any means, I think Loughrea are well aware of their potential and will deal with that successfully. Have to agree with a previous post that this Loughrea team is seriously underrated in Galway and outside of it.
Will need a huge All-Ireland campaign from Johhny O'Loughlin to win an All-Ireland.
Remember, Loughrea did not concede a single goal in championship in Galway this year, an amazing record!!

GalwayBayBoy

I think Dunloy beating Portumna in 2003 will serve as warning to Loughrea and they'll be well aware of that. I very much doubt they'll take anything for granted with Cushendall.

slow corner back

Cushendall may go better this year than in previous years due to a very shrewd manager on the sideline and the ability to play the underdog very well. They went into this years Antrim final as reigning champs against a team that had not won a title for 17 years and still managed to make themselves underdogs. Does anyone know any odds for the club championships? The Dall could be a good each way bet

youbetterbelieveit

How good are Loughrea? will many of the players be pushing for a place with Ger on the Galway team in 2007?